Onda V10 Pro – Google Play Services Update Error

Onda V10 Pro – Google Play Services Update Error

TechTablets Forums Onda Forums Onda General Discussion Onda V10 Pro – Google Play Services Update Error

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Plamen
    Participant

Hey Chris,

Help needed if you have a moment please.

I followed your instructions above, however I struggle to move beyond
    -Once the Scatter file loads, Click the “Download” button

After this step nothing happens.

I have tried connecting the tablet (both switched off and on), but no luck.

Any ideas how to trigger the actual download / data transfer?

Many thanks!

Plamen
    Participant

PS More specifically, the download times out, see attachment.

Thanks again!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Syd
    Participant

Hi all, I manage to gain root access and updated Google Play Services that way. Even then it was still a bit of a chore and took me a while to work out what to do, but manage to update to 11.7.44. for root I basically followed the intructions at https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=819301&st=80#entry64752617 Hope this helps.

Hi, please can you explain how did you updated to GPS 11.7.4 after root?

Thanks

Gianluca

Syd
    Participant

PS More specifically, the download times out, see attachment. Thanks again!

Hi Plamen,

You have to leave the device unplugged and turned off. Connect the USB only after you have clicked on Download button, then it will start flashing.

Tom
    Participant

Hi, please can you explain how did you updated to GPS 11.7.4 after root? Thanks Gianluca

1. Download the copy of gps that you want to use from apkmirror. I am using 11.7.44.
    2. Rename the downloaded file to GMSCore.apk
    3. Backup up the GmsCore in /system/priv-app/GmsCore.
    4. Using root explorer copy the downloaded GmsCore.apk to /system/priv-app/GmsCore.
    5. reboot
    Plamen
    Participant

Thanks Syd,

That’s what I’ve been doing: I click on Download, then connect the switched off tablet via USB, it starts charging… timeout.
    I’m trying it again now.
    (…)
    The flash tool times out after about an hour.

Suggestions?

Many thanks!

George Roch
    Participant

Suggestions:

1. Try a different USB cable – for me many of them only charge, and do not pass data.  You can test them by connecting the Onda to your Windows computer ahead of time (not using the firmware update app).  You should get a pop up on your PC telling you it is connected, as well as a notification on your Onda to allow file sharing (not just charging) via USB.  If no pop-ups/notifications, then you are not getting a data link.
    2.  Follow the procedures as you describe above, but then hit the power on button on the Onda  AFTER connecting to my Windows via USB.  I had to do that to make it work, as I described in my above post.
    3. Make sure you are in Android Mode (not Phoenix) and you could try turning on USB debugging (Onda Developer Options).
    4. Try a different Windows Computer.

My guess is that suggestions 1 or 2 may solve it.  Good Luck.

Plamen
    Participant

Thanks for taking the time George –

I am using the actual USB cable that came with the tablet. I do get a pop and everything. I have tried multiple times, both off and on. No luck.
    The only difference is, after switching on debugging, some software failed to install upon connecting to my laptop – apparently I’m missing a driver (?!) – please see attached.

Could that be it?
    I seem to have tried everything except point 4, and that’s gonna be tough since I only have one computer..

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    George Roch
    Participant

I can’t see anything else you could try, besides another computer.  You are flashing the 64GB dual OS (Phoenix/Android 6) version of the V10 Pro right?

There is now posted on needrom a newer official Onda rom version v1.0.5_v5    I successfully flashed that (using the tool Chris posted above).  Sadly, it does not solve the GServices update issue either.  So, I am not sure what these new roms solve.

Plamen
    Participant

Thanks George –

It’s the 32Gb version. That should hardly matter though, right?

I’m going to try and find another Windows PC today.

Chris O.
    Participant

I’m pretty sure if you have the tablet Rooted and have installed #SuperSU you should be able to update the APK to the most recent version.  When prompted during the install, give the app permission.  This is from memory, I can’t verify.  Still waiting for my replacement V10 Pro.

Chris O.
    Participant

As far as the Firmware upgrade goes.  You MIGHT need to install USB Drivers.  I put them on my share here.  Try installing them, plugging the tablet in, and waiting for Windows to apply the drivers to the tablet (you should see the tablet in Windows Explorer).  Then, disconnect. Power OFF the Onda and follow my previous Instructions.

George Roch
    Participant

I’m pretty sure if you have the tablet Rooted and have installed #SuperSU you should be able to update the APK to the most recent version. When prompted during the install, give the app permission. This is from memory, I can’t verify. Still waiting for my replacement V10 Pro.

Tom confirms this above.

And the moderator of the Phoenixstudio bbs writes: “Check with ES file or X-Plore the apk file ownership and permissions (/system/app or priv-app) and copy over the new GMS with same same name->overwrite… But you must match the perms and ownership.
    Restart and that is it…”   

I think to do this you would need root.

(For some reason whenever I post a link the message does not post)

Rick Sharp
    Participant

Hi, Banggood sent me the update file. I had a very difficult time finding and loading the USB drivers but I finally got the tablet updated. The date of the file was 9/07/2017. This update does not include Phoenix. All the Google products work now. I like the tablet but having to do so much work to get it functional is very irritating.

Don’t give up it is worth the effort. Good luck

Rick

Plamen
    Participant

As far as the Firmware upgrade goes. You MIGHT need to install USB Drivers. I put them on my share here. Try installing them, plugging the tablet in, and waiting for Windows to apply the drivers to the tablet (you should see the tablet in Windows Explorer). Then, disconnect. Power OFF the Onda and follow my previous Instructions.

Hi Chris –

Many thanks for the drivers, installing them did the trick!
    So now I successfully upgraded to firmware 1.0.4v5 and manually updated Google Play Services to 11.0.56 (440 variant), as George advised (thanks for that George).

I am still getting the Update Google Play Services pop up, which doesn’t seem to interfere with most apps (they function notwithstanding) except one: Gmail – and Gmail not functioning was exactly the reason why I sought a fix in the first place o_O

So: does any of you gentlemen have any suggestions? (other than using the web version which is my current workaround…)

Many thanks guys!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password