Onda V10 Pro – Google Play Services Update Error

Onda V10 Pro – Google Play Services Update Error

TechTablets Forums Onda Forums Onda General Discussion Onda V10 Pro – Google Play Services Update Error

This topic contains 84 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Steve 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 85 total)
  • Author

Plamen
    Participant

Guys,

My Onda is bricked, sound-wise.
    I flashed back down then up using all available options (Chris / Rick / George), factory reset, played with the flash tool modes (download only / upgrade / format and download) – still no sound.
    If anyone has any further ideas, please share them.

Many thanks for the help and feedback!

Cheers
    P

George Roch
    Participant

No sound. That’s bad.   On the 4PDA.ru forum the poster who lost sound said the headphone jack and bluetooth sound on his still worked, just the speaker did not.  Still watching that to see if a solution shows up for that poster.

It is not clear to me if you tried the 1.0.5 rom posted on the needrom site (Chris posted 1.0.4). Worth a shot if you have not.  Note all of these are supposedly only for V10 Pro v3 and V5 (whatever that means) which are dual boots.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will provide help.

Plamen
    Participant

I did indeed – see attached.

I just checked, seems I’m having the same issue as the 4PDA.ru poster you mentioned: sound through headphones does work, so it must be just the built-in speakers and mic.
    Is the discussion in Russian? My Russian is not good enough to follow tech details… please do let me know if anything comes out of it.

Thanks George!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

George Roch
    Participant

Your screenshot shows ROM 1.0.1v5    The ROM posted on needrom (posted on 10/23/17) is version 1.0.5v5   The newest I think.  It probably won’t solve your issue, but if you have not tried it….

Plamen
    Participant

Good point – thanks George, I’ll try that next, thanks for pointing this out!

Picard
    Participant

I flashed the firmware posted by Rick (from Banggood, V1.0.1_V5, 28 Aug 2017).
    The problem with Google Play Services is resolved (automatically updated).
    The rom is not rooted but, with a procedure a bit complicated, I managed to root the system.

The only two problems I have encountered are:
    1) the time zone in system settings does not change: at every boot the system automatically sets Shanghai GMT + 08:00; thanks to root, I have deleted this incorrect setting in the build.prop file.
    2) portrait default orientation is reversed (home physical key is up). I do not know how to fix it.

For the rest, the tablet works perfectly.

Plamen
    Participant

Your screenshot shows ROM 1.0.1v5 The ROM posted on needrom (posted on 10/23/17) is version 1.0.5v5 The newest I think. It probably won’t solve your issue, but if you have not tried it….

Haha, good one 😀
    So: I installed the latest firmware from needrom (posted on 23 Oct 2017) using, as Rick suggested, this flash tool https://androidmtk.com/smart-phone-flash-tool.

Now I am now running 1.0.5_v5
    I still have no sound – however, Phoenix is back (!) – and so is the Google Play Services error (…)
    (see screenshots)

So I ordered a Lenovo tablet, I don’t have time for this nonsense.

If anyone’s interested in a free Onda V10 pro, let me know – just cover the P&P and it’s yours.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

George Roch
    Participant

Plamen,  sorry to hear that the sound issue has not been solved.  Picard’s post above suggests that flashing can cause multiple problems even as it solves the GPApps issue.   Not a robust tablet.  Reminds me of my old Fiat, a hobby rather than a tool.

Picard: I also flashed to 1.0.5_V5 – Android Only, and I am not experiencing the issues with the clock or Portrait Orientation.  Re: the Time, it originally was set to Shangai, but I turned off automatic Date/Time/Zone, set it to my local time, and then turned Automatic back on. Its retains the correct time when rebooted.   Portrait orientation seems correct.  I normally use the auto-rotation settings, which work, and the soft buttons are on the bottom.

Things I noticed about 1.0.1.5:   Screen brightness is pretty high even at the lowest settings.  The text size/DPI seems a little different than on other firmware.  The Google services version in the dual boot roms was 440, on 1.0.1 it is 446.

NOTE: I got my image directly from Banggood, not from Rick.  I believe it is identical:  Kernel 3.18.19+ [email protected] #1 Mon Aug 28 19:02:01 HKT

Build MRA58L dev-keys firmware V1.0.1_V5

Rick Sharp
    Participant

Mine is the same as George. The time and date stamp and the kernel version are the same. Maybe you should try the Banggood version one more time.

I understand the frustration I have wasted a lot of time fixing something that should never have been a problem in the first place. Onda and Banggood had to be aware of this and should have offered the updated ROM as an option to foreign countries that can use Google services. I have bought a couple of other phones from China and they did not have this problem.

Best of luck.

Rick

ekirock
    Participant

I flashed the firmware posted by Rick (from Banggood, V1.0.1_V5, 28 Aug 2017). The problem with Google Play Services is resolved (automatically updated). The rom is not rooted but, with a procedure a bit complicated, I managed to root the system.

Hello Picard (french?), how did you root the Onda v10 pro ? I can’t find any info about rooting this tablet. thanks in advance for your help.

Maciej
    Participant

Hello

I can confirm. Flashed V5 version with V1.0.1_V5 firmware (Banggood, 28 Aug 2017, received directly from China, no Phoenix) solve 501 google problem.
    One think to verify, maybe somebody can check. GPS looks like not working at all. “GPS Status” apk shows diagnose sensors ok, but completly no fix – no one satelite in view. Trying about 20 minutes (second device works ok). In fact, I don’t check it before flash device, so not sure if it works (or not )on V1.0.4_V5 also. But in V1.0.4_V5 version there was some icon on desktop with satelite view (in chinesse) – maybe some “GPS apk” which contains some drivers also.
    Could somebody check :
    – did GPS works on V1.0.4_V5?
    – did GPS works on V1.0.1_V5 (without Phoenix)?
    thx

George Roch
    Participant

Maciej, My results with V1.0.1_V5 are the same as yours.  I never tried GPS on the other firmware.

Also, I see there is a new Onda V10 Pro ROM posted to needrom today.   Version 1.0.1_V6.    I am wary of flashing because I understood the number after the V referred to the hardware version, so this may be the same as 1.0.1_V5 for different hardware.   Please post if you find out specifics on this ROM.

Maciej
    Participant

Thanks

It seems confirm software/drivers problem  hope.

About versions… what I learned walking thru different web pages with firmware for Onda:

V1 – 2GB /32GB

V3 – 4GB / 64GB

V5 – 4GB / 32 GB

V6 – ??? no idea, something new

br

Ludo
    Participant

Plamen, sorry to hear that the sound issue has not been solved. Picard’s post above suggests that flashing can cause multiple problems even as it solves the GPApps issue. Not a robust tablet. Reminds me of my old Fiat, a hobby rather than a tool. Picard: I also flashed to 1.0.5_V5 – Android Only, and I am not experiencing the issues with the clock or Portrait Orientation. Re: the Time, it originally was set to Shangai, but I turned off automatic Date/Time/Zone, set it to my local time, and then turned Automatic back on. Its retains the correct time when rebooted. Portrait orientation seems correct. I normally use the auto-rotation settings, which work, and the soft buttons are on the bottom. Things I noticed about 1.0.1.5: Screen brightness is pretty high even at the lowest settings. The text size/DPI seems a little different than on other firmware. The Google services version in the dual boot roms was 440, on 1.0.1 it is 446. NOTE: I got my image directly from Banggood, not from Rick. I believe it is identical: Kernel 3.18.19+ [email protected] #1 Mon Aug 28 19:02:01 HKT Build MRA58L dev-keys firmware V1.0.1_V5

do you have fixed the brightness issue?I have the same problem , level of brightness at minimum setting is really high. I’ve tried using app like screen filter, but they slow down  the tablet. My firmware versione is 1.0.1 V5

Maciej
    Participant

Hi
    Ludo, I can confirm the same. Here my summary of bugs on this tablet.

V1.0.4_V5 (dual OS)- 501 Google services error + not working GPS
    V1.0.1_V5 (Android only) – not working GPS + brightness issue

On onda.cn web, 2 new firmwares appeared V1.01_V6 and V1.0.1_V7. Both can be used with 4GB/32GB and 4GB/64GB versions, but there is no description what issue are solved (and what was broken 🙂 additionally). Did anybody tried this firmware already and can inform about results?

thx
    Maciej

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password