Onda V10 Pro – Google Play Services Update Error

Onda V10 Pro – Google Play Services Update Error

TechTablets Forums Onda Forums Onda General Discussion Onda V10 Pro – Google Play Services Update Error

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Plamen
    Participant

Hi, Banggood sent me the update file. I had a very difficult time finding and loading the USB drivers but I finally got the tablet updated. The date of the file was 9/07/2017. This update does not include Phoenix. All the Google products work now. I like the tablet but having to do so much work to get it functional is very irritating. Don’t give up it is worth the effort. Good luck Rick

Hey Rik,

Would you care to share the update file please?

Thanks,
    Plamen

George Roch
    Participant

I think the only permanent solutions are to root the device (quite complicated) or to eliminate Phoenix like Rick Sharp was apparently able to do.

Rick: Do I understand correctly that you originally purchased an Onda V10 Pro dual boot system (Phoenix and Android 6) and that the file Banggood sent to you converted it to an Android Only system that works!   If that is the case then it is the best solution so far.    If it is like the other Firmwares posted it is a very large file, but would be a great solution if it can be shared.  Let us know.  If you cannot post a file that large to share on Gdrive etc. perhaps others here can do it for you.   thanks to all for contributing.

Picard
    Participant

Hi, Banggood sent me the update file. I had a very difficult time finding and loading the USB drivers but I finally got the tablet updated. The date of the file was 9/07/2017. This update does not include Phoenix. All the Google products work now. I like the tablet but having to do so much work to get it functional is very irritating. Don’t give up it is worth the effort. Good luck Rick

Please Rick, do you want share the rom without Phoenix?

Thanks in advance.

Rick Sharp
    Participant

I don’t mind sharing if someone can figure a way I will gladly send it to them. I think the file at needrom is similar if you want to try that. Get back to me with any ideas regarding obtaining this file it is 1.93 GB.

Rick

Rick Sharp
    Participant

Rick: Do I understand correctly that you originally purchased an Onda V10 Pro dual boot system (Phoenix and Android 6) and that the file Banggood sent to you converted it to an Android Only system that works! If that is the case then it is the best solution so far. If it is like the other Firmwares posted it is a very large file, but would be a great solution if it can be shared. Let us know. If you cannot post a file that large to share on Gdrive etc. perhaps others here can do it for you. thanks to all for contributing.

Yep, I have no Phoenix and Google updates automatically. Figure a way to get it and it’s all yours. I will send everything I got and then your on your own, like I said it worked for me.

Rick

Picard
    Participant

Yep, I have no Phoenix and Google updates automatically. Figure a way to get it and it’s all yours. I will send everything I got and then your on your own, like I said it worked for me. Rick

Thank you very much Rick for your time. You can simply upload the file to MediaFire.com, registration is free (10GB of space); after upload set Share and then post the link here to download it.

P.S.
    – In device information which version and kernel data / version is exactly reported?
    – Are you sure the file is so big (1.93GB)? The roms I have are about 0.9GB.

Rick Sharp
    Participant
    Plamen
    Participant

Here is the link to Mediafire. It worked for me good luck. http://www.mediafire.com/file/r85tqbd95wyv3qd/V10Pro_V3V5%E5%8D%95%E5%AE%89%E5%8D%936.0%E4%B8%AD%E6%80%A7%E5%9B%BA%E4%BB%B620170828.rar

Excellent – thanks Rick, much appreciated – and thank you to everyone on the forum for your help and feedback!

George Roch
    Participant

Thank you Rick.   Because of your information I requested the Android Only rom from Banggood and they sent it to me as well. I can confirm it works great loading a very plain vanilla Android 6.0 and eliminating Phoenix.   The firmware is version 1.0.1V5 dated August 28.

All works well, as Rick states everything updates through the play store as normal, and the GPS version is 11.7.46 (variant 446).  Google Home app works great, which I could not install in the Phoenix bios.

Plamen
    Participant

Thank you Rick. Because of your information I requested the Android Only rom from Banggood and they sent it to me as well. I can confirm it works great loading a very plain vanilla Android 6.0 and eliminating Phoenix. The firmware is version 1.0.1V5 dated August 28. All works well, as Rick states everything updates through the play store as normal, and the GPS version is 11.7.46 (variant 446). Google Home app works great, which I could not install in the Phoenix bios.

George / everyone,

Any issues with sound?
    I successfully updated the firmware using the Banggood file (thanks Rick!) – but now it seems I’ve lost both sound and mic feed…
    Ideas?

Thanks guys.

George Roch
    Participant

With my Phoenixless V10, the sound works fine and the built in mic works on the sound recorder app.  So, I think it may be related to the flashing rather than the firmware image.

I see on the 4pda.ru forum thread that one owner lost sound when they installed the latest 1.o.5v5 dual boot firmware, and the sound was fine for me on that one.   SO, you might try a wipe/reset or reflash to see if the problem goes away.

I have not noticed any issues so far with this image.

Plamen
    Participant

Thanks George – what do you mean precisely by wipe/reset or reflash? I used the exact same file Rick shared, following the instructions Chris posted earlier… Any idea what could have affected the sound (both in- and output)? It did fix the error pop up, and everything is running smoothly, but if the price to pay is a mute tablet, I’m not sure that’s an improvement…

George Roch
    Participant

My suggestions were:

1st, try a Factory Data Reset (in settings under Backup and Reset.  If that does not work, then.

2nd, Reflash it with Rick’s same firmware.  My guess is that it was a flashing error rather than something wrong with the image.

I did notice that unlike Chris O’s firmware, the flasher on the one Banggood sent me was all in Chinese, and I had to add 1 step, that is, I had to specify MTK All In On DA as the download agent.

Rick Sharp
    Participant

l

Any issues with sound? I successfully updated the firmware using the Banggood file (thanks Rick!) – but now it seems I’ve lost both sound and mic feed… Ideas?

Sorry I don’t have a clue either the mic. and speakers both work on mine. I would try as George says wipe it and reinstall. I used this flash tool https://androidmtk.com/smart-phone-flash-tool.

George Roch
    Participant

Thanks one more time Rick,  for this flash tool link. I see that it has not only the most recent (and older) Mediatek flashers, but also 2 alternate USB drivers if they are not already installed.   bookmarked!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar