Onda V10 Pro – Google Play Services Update Error

Onda V10 Pro – Google Play Services Update Error

TechTablets Forums Onda Forums Onda General Discussion Onda V10 Pro – Google Play Services Update Error

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Shaytan
    Participant

Hello, i bought a Onda V10 PRO, it didn’t impress me so much, but well now I have it. I have the V1.0.1_V5 firmware and I don’t have the Phoenix OS. Now I’m trying to flash the V1.0.4_V5 with flashtool. How much time does it take? It’s about already 30 minutes…

Thanks

EDIT: timeout error

Shaytan
    Participant

By the way on Needrom V6 and V7 already avaible. Now trying to flash 1.0.5_V5 let’s see what will happen…

EDIT: again Error: timeout, why I can’t flash firmwares?

Downloading firmware 1.0.4 was quite an experience, so I put it on my share here for you to download. This firmware was supposed to correct the Google Play Services Update Error, but all it really allows you to do is install a version that’s a little more recent. Instructions to install: Note: The firmware upgrade will completely wipe your tablet. This firmware works on both the 2/32GB and 4/64GB models. -Download “V10 Pro_V1.0.4_V5_20170804.rar” onto your PC -Extract it to it’s own folder (you may need to download and install WinRAR to do this) -In the extracted folder, run “flash_tool.exe” by double clicking on it. -Click OK on the warning message. -Click “choose” to select the Scatter Loading file -Navigate to the Firmware folder and choose “MT8173_Android_scatter.txt” -Once the Scatter file loads, Click the “Download” button -If your V10 Pro is on, shut it down and power it OFF -Now, plug your POWERED OFF V10 Pro into your computer’s USB Port -The firmware will automatically download. -That’s it., Disconnect and power the V10 Pro up Please let me know if you have any difficulty. Unfortunately, my V10 Pro did not survive a recent drop, so I can’t check this process for errors until a replacement arrives.

My problemi is the driver, I installed the one into your GDrive folder, but now my PC doesn’t recognize the tablet anymore

George Roch
    Participant

Problems getting the flash to start seem to be related to installing the right USB driver for the Onda (on you windows 10 computer).   I think the link Rick Sharp posted in message 75191 has the most complete instructions and the necessary USB drivers.

It is also likely that some USB cables will not pass data correctly and could prevent flashing.

I believe the V6 and V7 firmware posted to Needrom are for newer hardware versions, and are not fixes for V5 Onda V10 tablets.  That is not confirmed because no one has posted here yet who has tried them.

The biggest remaining issues with 1.0.1V5 (CORRECTED, No Phoenix) seems to be brightness, no ability to dim the tablet much.  Also some have lost sound through the internal speaker.   The GPS is terrible, but I suspect that is a hardware issue (perhaps fixed with V6 and V7 hardware changes?).

Maciej
    Participant

Hi
    MTK Android Driver All-in-One 32 bit V1.00 (by Huaqin, included at v1.0.1._v5 pack) works good on my Win10 (32-bit) PC. Can send it by email if needed (4MB).

George –  question, as You wrote: 1.0.5V5 is no Phoenix version? Is it this one posted on needrom? Or it is just typo and You point to 1.0.1V5?

thx

George Roch
    Participant

Maciej, you are correct, 1.0.5V5 was a typo (that version has Phoenix).  1.0.1V5 is correct for No Phoenix.    If someone is brave/foolish enough to try V6 or V7 please post the results.

Shaytan
    Participant

Yes please! [email protected] thanks!

Shaytan
    Participant

Hi MTK Android Driver All-in-One 32 bit V1.00 (by Huaqin, included at v1.0.1._v5 pack) works good on my Win10 (32-bit) PC. Can send it by email if needed (4MB). George – question, as You wrote: 1.0.5V5 is no Phoenix version? Is it this one posted on needrom? Or it is just typo and You point to 1.0.1V5? thx

Yes please! [email protected] thanks!

Shaytan
    Participant

On V10 PRO 4/32GB the V1.0.5_V5 has Phoenix OS, Play sotre working except when updating Play Services (501 error) on both OS, GPS seems not working.

Lorenzo
    Participant

I recived my onda v10 pro with firmware 1.0.1V5(without phoneix), the brightness was very high at the minimun level, I flashed 1.0.5V5(with phoneix) firmware and the brightness is better but yet is higher than the other tablet or phone al the minimum level, At night I use app “schermo notturno” for reduce the brightness level but it slow down the tablet, but not too… I don’t know other solution.

For the google play services I resolve with aptoide, aptoide update automatically my google play services to version 11.7.30(846-168248668) and all google apps works well(I try gmail, you tube, chrome)

For the moment i stay with version 1.0.5v5 the best in my opinion for this tablet at the moment, 1.0.4V5 is the same.

in my opinion version v6 and v7 doesen’t work for v5 version, i understood on the russian forum that v6 and v7 version do not allow the tablet’s battery to be recharged if they flashed on v5 version tablet, but I use google translate to read the forum and not is all clear

George Roch
    Participant

Thanks Lorenzo, that is new information. I understand that with the Dual Boot 1.0.5V5 firmware you can update GPlay Services to 11.7 using Aptoide instead of the google play store.    If that works, it is probably the best solution.

Lorenzo
    Participant

yes exactly, I download aptoide apk from the official site, I installed it and search in aptoide the google play services, I press update and the google play services updated automatically without problems.

edit: i think that if you install google play services version 11.7.30 beta(846 variant) from apk mirror it works, is the andorid tv version but it works well

George Roch
    Participant

I followed Lorenzo’s advice and was able to update Play Services on 1.0.5V5 dual boot to the version he describes.   This solves many of the errors I was receiving with out of date Play services.

So far, the only incompatibility I have seen is I still get the 501 error when installing Google Search from the Play store, and it just does not install from aptoide.   I concur that this is the best solution so far.

I installed “Night Screen” from the play store (same as schermo notturno I think) and that also works.  thanks again Lorenzo.

Galenas
    Participant

Hello Lorenzo.
    First of all, thank you for sharing the results of your research!!
    My tablet has V1.0.4_V5 (with Phoenix), and I understand that the solution you found is to search with Aptoide (which one are you using? there are several manufacturers) or directly with apkmirror.com the latest version of Google Play Services that is still compatible with our firmware.
    And then, the releases of each app (Gmail… ) that works with this GPS.
    I have installed the old GPS 11.0.56-440, but I will try the 11.7.30-846 beta that you say.
    In any case, my opinion is that if Onda does not solve this issue by offering us a firmware fully compatible with Google Play Services, in a few months some applications (Youtube, Gmail …) that currently works fine can no longer be updated  🙁

flashboot
    Participant

hi everyone, hopefully sb. can help. I have the 4RAM/64ROM (and I read through all posts). Until now I did not flash the Tablet nor tried to get root access (still Android firmware running). When I double click ‘flash_tool’ in ‘SP_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows_v5.1640.00.000’ which I downloaded from mediafire.com like you guys it always crashes: see attachment (saying ~software does not work anymore). It does not matter if tablet is connected (switched on or off) or not. The tablet is also shown (my computer) when connected to my client. I also tried to install the driver ‘MTK Android Driver All-in-One 64 bit V1.00’ but I just receive an error notification: see attachment. Any clues? thx!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    flashboot
    Participant

hi, something seems to be wrong with the tool (flash exe) from rick (banggood). When I double click ‘flash_tool’ in ‘SP_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows_v5.1640.00.000’ it always crashes see attachment (saying ~software does not work anymore).Also the driver is not possible to install (saying: gets interupted before installing).

Could someone please verify that this is still working? I use win 10 x64.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password