Short Battery Life on Ezbook 3 Pro

Short Battery Life on Ezbook 3 Pro

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Short Battery Life on Ezbook 3 Pro

This topic contains 75 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Julie 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • Author

Beppe
    Participant

I think the battery problem and that the batteries are not all the same. even the wires are different. It is impossible to find the battery for sale. With the same voltage I found only this, different power, maybe you could put 2 in parallel, everything depends on the size.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/JPYUASA-7-6V-32Wh-Original-00HW018-Laptop-Battery-For-Lenovo-SB10F46456-2ICP4-58-140-Series-Tablet/32858833464.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.NjbUFS

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

rajko
    Participant

Thank you! the battery seems to have very similar characteristics, but the physical shape does not fit, it may not be possible to fit into ezbook 3 pro.

Chupa
    Participant

It is pretty simple to replace a battery.

• carefully dismantle the plug area to see if there is any electronic hidden. see how many wires connect to it. (do this while the battery is plugged in, connected to the power and the computer switched on for a maximum on pyrotechnical effect.) New eyebrows and a new computer will be your next concern!
    • you have 3.7v batteries what can be singe (2 -4 wires) what can be also parallel = 3.7V high capacity (often more wires)
    • you have 7.4v  what is 2x 3.7v in a row.
    • 3.7 is when the battery is low 4.3v when fully charged give or take 0.1v, so don´t worry about the numbers.
    • The capacity is often a number from a fortune cookie, JUST GO FOR SIZE AND WEIGHT
    • just shop for a battery the right size, or measure how much space you have. Check the thickness of the batteries and if you can the weight. Cheap batteries weight less, go for heavier ones (check in the shipping dimensions and weight)
    • you will have a hard time to look for Jumper batteries, search for Teclast or Chuwi
    • if you old battery has electronic, remove and attach to new one, use your old plug since most new batteries just have wires.
    • search youtube for how to do videos, the pc does not matter.

AND REMEMBER: CAREFULLY WHEN DISMANTLING A BATTERY!!!

Believe me, this is one of the easiest part of fixing a computer.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

rajko
    Participant

Thanks for the honest advice. I’ll try something safe, although I’m officially absent from my house now. Unfortunately my battery on ezbook 3 is only 3 months old. I would mention my battery and the adapter does not heat at all, so I doubt the adapter does not give full power.

Chupa
    Participant

faulty battery draws less since it charges less. I put the charger in a watt meter and was checking when the 12 V 2 A were used. Charging a closed Jumper or running  a half empty Jumper never came over 15 watt. So the 24 watt capacity is not used and the charger stays cool.
    Even running hot at full speed with GTAV,  plugged in and the jumper showing between 10 to 13w tdp it was just charging less.
    I tried with a 12v 5a psu and no difference, 15 watt max draw.

you can operate the Jumper with a small solar cell.
    then there is the way to use a couple ultra slim smart phone power banks, just remove the case and the electronic and you have a wide variety of batteries and cacpacities to choose from.
    there are also a lot of slim drone batteries what you can combine and fill out every space available for a super capacity battery. Do it like the Chinese, just use strong tape and tape them to the computer like they did in the 15,6″ cherry trail near ultrabooks.

Attachments:

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

rajko
    Participant

I am grateful to you for good advice, I will try to do something soon. But the dilemma remains to turn off the electronics on the battery or leave it? In your case, what batteries did you use on your ezbook 3. Thank you very much.

Chupa
    Participant

raiko I have not dismanteled  the EZbook battery so far, If electronic is in the battery (directly where the cable goes into the battery) then you just cut the wires (leave them long for easy reconection. Always cut one by one and start with the colored ones. take a photo so you know how to reconnect. You can put heat shrinking tube over the wire and then just crimp them together via little metal tubes, then slide the tube over and heat the tube with a lighter or soldering iron. You can also twist the wires together and solder them and put enough electrical rape around it.

Just take the battery out and look where the cables go in, you might cut carefully a bit or the plastic from the outer battery away. Use a sharp and pointy hobby knife (the ones with the little exchangable blades).

post a picture and I can guide you from there.

Need Help?

rajko
    Participant

Thank you, Mr. Chupa. I’m an electronics expert, and it’s not strange how to do it. the most important idea and some technical issues. Power Banks are 5V, and whether you know how many volts are cells inside? Unfortunately I am not in a position now to do it, because I’m not at home and do not have the necessary tools, but certainly I will this office.

Thank you very much for the trust shown, very good advice.

Chupa
    Participant

power banks are 3.7v the have 2 circuit boards inside, one for charging what reduces 5.2V to 3.9 – 4.5 and one for discharging what brings 3.5 – 4.4 up to 5.2V.
    How do I know, I took them apart and measured and then buid my own for some pm2.5 meters.
    So yes a super flat power bank is a valuable and cheap alternative.

Attachments:

Need Help?

tomek
    Participant

Hi. I bought an Ezbook 3 V6 with same battery as yours. Looks exactly same as on the picture. I AM sure it has less capacity 4500mAh than a common one 4800. It will last a little bit shorter. Mine last 7-8 hours but I use the laptop for the last 3-4 weeks.

I wonder if anyone of you have also same battery?

rajko
    Participant

Hi my ezbook 3 pro has the same kind of battery but the battry bar shows 4800mAh. When I bought ezbook December 3 battery holder is 7-8 h and after 2 months holder only ten minutes. It reaches 100% and when it reaches 75% goes off

JesDoias
    Participant

Hi. I bought an Ezbook 3 V6 with same battery as yours. Looks exactly same as on the picture. I AM sure it has less capacity 4500mAh than a common one 4800. It will last a little bit shorter. Mine last 7-8 hours but I use the laptop for the last 3-4 weeks. I wonder if anyone of you have also same battery?

i have same 4500mah battery, v6 too.

Beppe
    Participant

I do not know what version and my ezbook. purchased in March 2018. The battery is 4500. The yellow wire as the old versions is missing in the connector. The battery recharges 100%, but when turned off it is discharged. Different battery, not quality battery! on aliexpress there are many batteries, even from 12000. Finding more battery would be a success. I installed clean windows on ssd 64gb, my ssd and toshiba, good speed. I installed ssd crucial from 250gb. All right . Battery not ok!

Attachments:

Chupa
    Participant

to clarify

Attachments:

Need Help?

Chupa
    Participant

OK I had a look inside the battery, there is electronic inside what needs to stay there when you reconnect the new battery cell to it.
    It looks like a plastic frame with the batteries inside , the electronic on top and the whole thing wrapped in plastic.

Take a couple pictures if you take it apart.

There might also some cheat to grab tessla batteries …

Attachments:

Need Help?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password