Short Battery Life on Ezbook 3 Pro

Short Battery Life on Ezbook 3 Pro

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Short Battery Life on Ezbook 3 Pro

This topic contains 74 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Chupa 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author

dAFUQQR
    Participant

How did you send it? And how much did it cost to send it Germany – Spain?

I am checking DHL but I only found that you are not allowed to send batteries that can not be removed from the device.

Could you explain how you did it? That would be cool.

SB
    Participant

i live in poland, i’ve send it using DPD, they don’t ask what’s inside 😉 cost me arround 30 USD. btw: my ezbook is almost back. it should be here on thursday, but i’m leaving for a few days to london so will check it when i’m back.

SB
    Participant

so i already have it. it seems they sent me new one (or refrubished) from china using taxless priority shipping. i think that after they received mine in spain, in 2-3 days they sent this one from china. they told me that they will repair old one (replace battery), nobody told me before they will exchange. box was open, but notebook looks new compared to my son’s 3m old (had scratches, etc) and have protective foil on it. for now i’ve only checked version and it seems same i had before – bios 5/12/2017. i will check more and battery when come back from holidays.

steve
    Participant

my ezbook only gives me around 3.5 to 4 hours max nowadays, im sure it used to give me more.

I only use it for browsing on edge and on the battery bar app the discharge rate seems to stay around 9-10k.

its annoying to have to charge several times a day

SB
    Participant

today i’ve started ezbook 3 pro they sent me as replacement (faulty batt). it was charged to 75% when started, everything was fine, when it dropped to 35% i wanted to charge it, but IT DOES NOT CHARGE. WTF gearbest?!? green light on power adapter is ON, red charching light on ezbook is ON, windows says power is connected, but battery % is only dropping. any sugestions?

dAFUQQR
    Participant

@steve: well thats exactly how mine was doing. After some weeks the batterylife will start decreasing rapidly

@SB: I sent mine today to GB service in Alicante Spain, lets see what happens. But what they did to you is a joke….

SB
    Participant

yeah i just made a video for them that shows it doesn’t charge. they will probably tell me to send it back again… btw: battery bar shows info that is it charching 11400 mW, but windows says “connected, discharching” and all my other laptops display “connected, charching”. could it be charger this time? i soon should receive replacement 3A/12V charger that i’ve ordered 1,5m ago from ali, but i don’t think it will help, i will probably go for refund till paypal protection last.

dAFUQQR
    Participant

Update:

Mine arrived today from Spain (GB support center Alicatne). It is definetly a used one, slightly dirty, no protectice foil on the screen etc. Battery has a full runtime of 4hrs. After using it for a some hours, it looks to work perfectly. However it gets really hot, right side of the body.

I bet the battery will die too as it is asically the same version. Let´s see what happens.

Chupa
    Participant

check how many watt it is using when it gets hot, under 8 it should stay cool.
    check if the heat sink is ok (pad / paste / screws)

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

dAFUQQR
    Participant

Another update:

I got my Jumper replaced some months ago and I am using an AC Adaptor from Amazon. Specs: 12V 3000mAh.

The battery is better than the one before and the heat issues are gone. However the full runtime is dropping fast now and i guess the battery is about to die in the next weeks.

I am thinking of keeping the the notebook and replacing the battery….but first I will read through the battery replacement thread 🙂

Fun fact: The notebook freezes when the AC Adaptor is plugged in and the notebook isn’t used for a while.

Chupa
    Participant

going back to win 1803 will unfreeze it again … see other threads about this

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Andrew12345
    Participant

buy new battery to replace it

very  easy

Chupa
    Participant

if it would be easy, they would be on ALI Express.
    in this case it is an unknown company, with unknown shipping and unknown warranty – but nice link anyhow at the keyboard thread.

Need Help?

Julie
    Participant

I also got battery problem with my jumper EZBOOK 3 Pro – 13.3 Zoll Notebook (Windows 10, Dual WiFi, Intel Apollo Lake N3450 Quad Core 1.1GHz, 1920 x 1080 Pixel, 6GB RAM 64GB ROM, 2.0MP, HDMI), the battery run-time is shorter and shorter, I have to get new replace the battery 3282122-2S

from online store, two months passed and it seems no problem.

Chupa
    Participant

Take a look here for a possible reason why some batteries fail
    it is on page 5 the last post

Need Help?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password