Short Battery Life on Ezbook 3 Pro

Short Battery Life on Ezbook 3 Pro

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Short Battery Life on Ezbook 3 Pro

This topic contains 75 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Julie 12 hours, 21 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • Author

euplio
    Participant

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/V017-3-8V-3-7V-3000mAH-357386-PLIB-Polymer-lithium-ion-Li-ion-battery-LG/200272_32378500398.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.20332b6eX25dQi   I’ve find this battery! I took measurement and 2 of this batteries would fit perfectly for a total of 14000 mah that would be insane!!!!

Beppe
    Participant

tickness max 4 mm !!!!

Chupa
    Participant

thanks for the links Beppe

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Chupa
    Participant

People it is simple, your battery cells are in a plastic frame covered  by a sticky plastic sticker.
    Remove the battery
    Carefully remove the plastic sticker so you can see the cells and the electronic.
    Often only one cell is damaged if the battery is newish.
    You can figure that out by measuring each cell after a full and a half charged state.
    Now you have the exact dimensions of a cell and can get a couple so you have a spare for the future.
    It is much easier than with the old notebooks where they liked to glue the cases shut.
    But after you cut them open it was easy to measure the bad ones and replace.

REMEMBER YOU are the Jumper service technician, there is no one else.
    Try bring it into your local repair shop and hear them laugh…

or, since it is a mac bugger clone, try an apple repair shop – not the ones with the big glass front and the half eaten fruit on top, but hey if you do that with a hidden camera it would make a good youtube clip

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

euplio
    Participant

tickness max 4 mm !!!!

I measured 6mm thickness. So that battery would fit. The problem is to solder new batteries on the original battery cable!

Chupa
    Participant

what´s the problem?
    cut off the faulty battery close to the cable entering  the battery and solder the new on the old cables. Cut cables separate for safety, or cut cables together for surprise!
    Cut one cable 2cm shorter than the other, so they are not touching in the cut area.
    Don´t want to solder just strip 1 cm each and twist them good together and put electrical tape around.

Need Help?

ngongut
    Participant

Hello
    follow this conversation with great interest
    I have the same problem with the battery of my ezbook 3 pro. I bought it in January in Geekbuying and the battery is almost dead. Its duration does not exceed 40 minutes. Geekbuying does not give me solution. They answer me nicely nothing more.
    I have located a spare part of the original battery, but there are no stocks.You can check this link:
    http://www.cdrtd.com/products/laptop-battery-for-jumper-3282122-2s-7-6v-4500mah-32-4wh.html

I have opened the battery and it is composed of two parts and a small circuit, but there are no labels so we do not know its brand, model or features.
    I have measured the voltage: one of the parts marks 3.97V and the other 4.30V and the total output 8.27. This is very strange, since the outer adhesive plastic label indicates 7.6V.I add photos

I have searched for aliexpress a similar battery, and I have found a similar one, but I am afraid that it will not serve or damage my laptop.

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/L278-3-7V-5000mAH-6567100-PLIB-polymer-lithium-ion-battery-Li-ion-battery-for-tablet/1193005554.html

Excuse me for my English, I help the google translator.

Regards

Attachments:

rajko
    Participant

Hi Ngongut! You have very nicely described this and presented it in an image, everything looks just for replacing the cells, if the electronics are OK. many sites have a large selection of LIPo batteries of various strengths. I recommend that you select the cell’s approximate power of the original, while the cell of quite a bit of power will not be adequately charged. I have found these and they are all right, the price is about $ 10 per piece. https://telit.co.rs/industry-bateries/litium-polimer/li-polimer-3-dot-7v-3350mah-us3266116-sony or at amazon.com https://www.amazon.com/s/ ref = sr_pg_2? rh = n% 3A3760901% 2Cn% 3A15342811% 2Cn% 3A15745581% 2Cn% 3A10112773011% 2Ck% 3Alithium + polymer + battery & page = 2 & keywords = lithium + polymer + battery & ie = UTF8 & qid = 1525284392 just to mention it is necessary to remove electronics from some battery types, and use existing electronics.

Chupa
    Participant

take a look at this post, it will take the scare off doing things.

Attachments:

Need Help?

Giovanni
    Participant

Be careful when dealing with li-po or li-ion batteries because they can be quite dangerous

EZbook 3 Pro BIOS modder - find my work here
    If you want to tag me, my username is thegiolly

Chupa
    Participant

I think we can close the thread, I put a complete DIYS battery replacement here

Need Help?

lations
    Participant

I think we can close the thread, I put a complete DIYS battery replacement here

The problem is, nobody here has actually DONE it, as far as I can tell

lations
    Participant

Hello to all,. I received my ezbook 3 pro on 09/03/2018 gearbest. How can I find out the version? the bios 05/12/2017 I have a problem with the battery !!! the battery charge only up to 82% Although the laptop is charging all night, in the morning the battery is 82%.

I’m sorry for my english

I had a somewhat similar problem.

I can charge to 100% – the LED turns green which means full charge – I turn on laptop, indeed it says 100% – I turn off laptop, go away, come back a few hours later….suddenly it’s at 90% or something. Almost like it’s losing power while it’s off. Did you have this problem too????

dAFUQQR
    Participant

I contacted GB and they offer to repair it when I send it to them so far so good.

As I live in Germany I don’t have to send it to China (and avoid all battery-parcel-delivery problems). Instead, I can send it to Alicante (Spain) and if they can’t fix or it breaks again I will get a replacement Jumper (hope that one would be a never version). I think this sounds like a fair deal.

Has anyone else in Europe had the same offer? Was not able to find stuff around here.

SB
    Participant

i’ve sent mine to spain on 11th june, now i wait for it to get back, already have german DHL tracking number that they use for EU prio shipping (TAX less), so it should be 1-2 weeks till i have it. don’t trust gearbest too much, they will help you till you have paypal buyer protection, after that you are on your own.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password