SSDs Compatible with Ezbook 3 pro

SSDs Compatible with Ezbook 3 pro

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series SSDs Compatible with Ezbook 3 pro

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Athanasios
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I bought the ezbook pro 3 with locked bios and tried to install the transcend 120 gb ssd TS120GMTS420S but I didn’t manage. I couldn’t see the disk in Bios but I saw the disk in device manager. When I tried to format disk to NTFS the procedure failed. I managed to format the disk in NTFS with an external usb device but when I installed it in the m2 socket, the laptop couldn’t start and stacked. Is there any solution for that problem??

If I wanted to buy a new ssd, which is compatible with this notebook and should take a look at??

Thank you very much in advance.

I really appreciate your help

rajko
    Participant

Hello guys! A few days ago, I bought some unknown to me ssd. KINGDIAN of 240 GB, it was a relatively inexpensive around $60 on Amazon, it was delivered within 2 days. Using the instructions that I read on TechTablets, easily downloaded software for cloning, followed the instructions, and it was all over in 15 minutes. Thank you very much TecgTablets on very detailed instructions. My sincere recommendation for anyone who wants to install the ssd. to use, follow the video and instructions, that won’t be a problem.

stephendt
    Participant

Some of you got lucky i think. I tried for days to get the laptop to boot from kingspec 128 gb ssd sequentially. Sometimes it boots a few time in a row as it should…. And then all of a sudden the bios doesn’t recognize the ssd anymore and boots into efi shell….. This happens completely random. I tried cloning the emmc with 2 different tools. I deleted the boot partition on emmc…. I fully wiped the emmc … I made bootable usb with rufus and did fresh install…. I manually formatted partitions before installing windows and at last i flashed the unlocked bios. NOTHING WORKED. Now i have a clean windows on emmc and ssd for backup….. Snif snif

Exact same problem here. I’m at wits end. SSD works fine in other systems. I don’t want to boot off the EMMC because it is significantly slower than the SSD. I have tried a 128GB and 256GB Kingspec M.2 SSDs and the results are the same on two different Ezbook 3 Pros.

Chupa
    Participant

just buy local a few m.2 where you can return it without problem and test with a couple different brands.
    If you find something that woks, keep it or search for it cheaper online.
    If they have the same problem then your only option is the boot emmc.
    I am writing this from a 15.6″ Atom with 4GB and a 64GB emmc and no SSD option. Even with fastboot disabled it needs just a few seconds longer than my 512GB m.2 jumper 3s. Sleep and wake is pretty close together.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Dario
    Participant

i found this ssd

https://www.amazon.it/Green-120GB-Unit%C3%A0-Solido-Interna/dp/B01M2WYNP2/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1525603134&sr=1-2&keywords=ssd+2280

anyone have tested it ? i think wd is a good brand but don’t know if jumper ezbook will recogize it or not.

stephendt
    Participant

I can confirm that the Ezbook 3 Pro is just really picky with SSDs during the boot process and will only work intermittently or not at all. I tried a few other SSDs – 128GB Sandisk 2260 SSD, 128GB 2242 MyDigitalSSD, and a 480GB Intel 540 Series 2280 SSD. The Sandisk did not work at all, but worked OK in another system. The MyDigitalSSD and Intel 540 Series SSDs showed no issues. Pretty annoying.

Kaasie
    Participant

Hello, I also tested a long time and installed different models. Two work very well in my ezbook (UEFI 12/05/2017). Crucial MX 300 (CT275MX300SSD4) and the Samsung 860 EVO (MZ-N6E250BW). I have kept the Samsung as it already has better house values. Also she has 5 years warranty! I hope I could help a little and shorten work? Last picture is with rapid mode by Samsung Magician. Should be quickly enough …

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Giuseppe
    Participant

<pre id=”tw-target-text” class=”tw-data-text tw-ta tw-text-small” dir=”ltr” data-placeholder=”Traduzione” data-fulltext=””><span lang=”en”>@Kaasie
    hello, after several models of ssd I have also been successful with the samsung 860 evo but some do not start windows and I have to restart two or three times before it starts again. Did it happen to you too?</span>

Kaasie
    Participant

@Giuseppe

No, everything runs really smoothly. Even the clean installation of Windows no problems. The only thing I noticed was to disable fast booting in UEFI. Apparently there are a few problems. For me Windows hung in operation. I then loaded the basic settings and left it that way. Since then it works. I also notice no difference without fast boats. The Ezbook starts very fast (boot time 21 sec. To work ready). Here’s a benchmark with CrystalDiskMark. I think the values are ok for this PC. What do you mean?

Attachments:
    Giuseppe
    Participant

@Kaasie

Even for me there are no problems, only sometimes windows does not start and instead starts uefi shell, so I have to boot two or three times to start windows from ssd

Chupa
    Participant

if the values from the Mark test are really from an ezbook 3 pro than they changed the bus from

SATA_revision_3.0_(6_Gbit/s,_600_MB/s,_Serial_ATA-600)

to a

SATA_revision_3.2_(16_Gbit/s,_1969_MB/s)

That could explain a lot about the driver problems.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Gjuju
    Participant

@Kaasie can you confirm that e benchmarks are from your ssd in jumper ?

perhaps can you attach a picture of the laptop running the benchmark ?

can you give us the exact reference of your ssd ? perhaps we can find more useful information

@Chupa
    , does sata3.2 has something to do with Nvme or is it something different.

best regards

Chupa
    Participant

Kaasi, over 1000 r/w is unheard for an ezbook 3pro. Can you provide the bios version and if possible a shot from the m.2 controller for comparison to see if they changed something?

Need Help?

Chupa
    Participant

it is all in the slit.
    m.2 has slit on left side is SATA 3.0 with speed up to 500/500
    m.2 has slit on left AND righ side is SATA 3.0 with speed up to 500/500
    m.2 has slit on right side is NVMe with speed up to 3000/3000

NVMe. Standing for “Non-Volatile Memory Express,” NVMe is an open standard developed to allow modern SSDs to operate at the read/write speeds their flash memory is capable of. Essentially, it allows flash memory to operate as an SSD directly through the PCIe interface rather than going through SATA and being limited by the slower SATA speeds.  Put another way, it’s a description of the bus the component uses to communicate with the PC, not a new type of flash memory. It is also unrelated to the form factor, which is why NVMe drives can come in both M.2 or PCIe card form factors. With both form factors, the component is connecting electrically to the PC via PCIe rather than SATA.

Are all M.2 drives NVMe?

No. Remember, M.2 is just the form factor. M.2 drives can come in SATA versions (like the Crucial MX300 M.2 for example) and NVMe versions (like the Samsung 960 Pro), which describes the bus they use to electrically communicate with the other PC components. SATA M.2 SSD drives and 2.5” SATA SSDs actually operate at virtually identical spec. NVMe M.2’s on the other hand, definitely do not, as we’re about to discuss.

How does NVMe speed compare to SATA?

Modern motherboards use SATA III which maxes out at a throughput of 600MB/s (or 300MB/s for SATA II. Via that connection, most SSDs will provide Read/Write speeds in the neighborhood of 530/500 MB/s. For comparison, a 7200 RPM SATA drive manages around 100MB/s depending on age, condition, and level of fragmentation. NVMe drives, on the other hand, provide write speeds as high as 3500MB/s. That’s 7x over SATA SSDs!

– credit velocitymicro.com

Attachments:

Need Help?

Kaasie
    Participant

Hi, the values were determined with activated Rapid Mode by Samsung Magician. Here with deactivated mode. And all values come from my ezbook. It’s all real. Pictures or a video (is this possible?) I can adjust this evening.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar