SSDs Compatible with Ezbook 3 pro

SSDs Compatible with Ezbook 3 pro

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series SSDs Compatible with Ezbook 3 pro

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    NickyP
    Participant

I bought a goldenfir 128gb 2242 drive from ali express because it was cheap and was the right size. Worked great for one week – now it’s not recognized in the BIOS. It was failing sometimes to boot after only a few days (booted into a shell command system) – but usually a reboot worked – until now. After working on something all afternoon and trying to save the work resulted in a complete freeze and now no booting at all.

In Disk Management it now shows as uninitialized  and I cannot initialize it.

Thank goodness I had made a macrium boot usb and a backup so I could install back to the eMMC.

I was having close down problems and was having to keep the power button depressed to close the machine down. Not sure if this contributed to the issue.

Romanas K.
    Participant

Has anyone tried the Samsung 860 EVO (2280)? I had no luck with Transcend and ADATA SSDs, both were 2242.

FatEnzo
    Participant

Hi Romanas K

finally after a lot or time I reach my goal. Window 10 works on SSD Samsung 860 EVO.

In my opinion, it’s a must to switch off the SATA port1 (emmc) and use a fresh installation of Windows.

The Sammy is very fast.

Chupa
    Participant

you have 14 days to file a complaint and get your money back from a faulty product.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Romanas K.
    Participant

Update:

Just recieved my Samsung 860 EVO Sata m.2 SSD disk (2280) works GREAT, instantly. No trouble at all. Fantastic.

FatEnzo
    Participant

<hr />

Sequential Read (Q= 32,T= 1) : 558.094 MB/s
    Sequential Write (Q= 32,T= 1) : 529.907 MB/s
    Random Read 4KiB (Q= 8,T= 8) : 255.088 MB/s [ 62277.3 IOPS]
    Random Write 4KiB (Q= 8,T= 8) : 218.009 MB/s [ 53224.9 IOPS]
    Random Read 4KiB (Q= 32,T= 1) : 81.965 MB/s [ 20011.0 IOPS]
    Random Write 4KiB (Q= 32,T= 1) : 75.029 MB/s [ 18317.6 IOPS]
    Random Read 4KiB (Q= 1,T= 1) : 33.646 MB/s [ 8214.4 IOPS]
    Random Write 4KiB (Q= 1,T= 1) : 58.337 MB/s [ 14242.4 IOPS]

Test : 1024 MiB [C: 25.7% (41.6/161.7 GiB)] (x3) [Interval=5 sec]
    Date : 2018/03/30 13:19:08

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Pascal Zinken
    Participant

Some of you got lucky i think. I tried for days to get the laptop to boot from kingspec 128 gb ssd sequentially. Sometimes it boots a few time in a row as it should…. And then all of a sudden the bios doesn’t recognize the ssd anymore and boots into efi shell….. This happens completely random. I tried cloning the emmc with 2 different tools. I deleted the boot partition on emmc…. I fully wiped the emmc … I made bootable usb with rufus and did fresh install…. I manually formatted partitions before installing windows and at last i flashed the unlocked bios.

NOTHING WORKED. Now i have a clean windows on emmc and ssd for backup….. Snif snif

FatEnzo
    Participant

Ciao Pascal,

I suggest to replicate my good buy: SAMSUNG EVO 860 SATA 256GB

Simply perfect and simply working with our Jumper!

Ian Comyns
    Participant

Some of you got lucky i think. I tried for days to get the laptop to boot from kingspec 128 gb ssd sequentially. Sometimes it boots a few time in a row as it should…. And then all of a sudden the bios doesn’t recognize the ssd anymore and boots into efi shell….. This happens completely random. I tried cloning the emmc with 2 different tools. I deleted the boot partition on emmc…. I fully wiped the emmc … I made bootable usb with rufus and did fresh install…. I manually formatted partitions before installing windows and at last i flashed the unlocked bios. NOTHING WORKED. Now i have a clean windows on emmc and ssd for backup….. Snif snif

I’m in the exact same boat with the kingspec 256Gb. Great when it boots but a pain when it decides to dump. Using EMMC and SSD for backup.

FatEnzo
    Participant

If I can suggest, add a 80 EUR to bill. Buy a samsung ssd and solve all trouble.

The previous SSD can serve you as usb 3.0 enclosure.

Bruce Lee
    Participant

First of all sorry for my bad english.
    Also have a jumper Ezbook 3 Rev 6 would have to be that without the keyboard bug.
    Have a Kingspec SSD installed with 256 GB and I have the problem that sometimes it does not boot from the SSD. Apparently she is sometimes not recognized in the bios.
    Does the Samsung SSD Evo 860 work without problems or do I have to adjust something in the BIOS?
    The problem is that I am a locked bios and I can not adjust much.
    I’m grateful for any help.
    Otherwise I also have the emmc as a windows partition and the Kingspec SSD as a backup disk.
    Under Windows the Kingspec SSD is always recognized and there are no problems.

Daniel
    Participant

I’m trying with a Intel 540 256gb w/o success. It works ok as a secondary device booting the emmc but not as a main disk, its not always recognised in the BIOS.

Im thinking about trying a 860 Evo, but spending half the price of the computer in a SSD Drive has nosense.

Chupa
    Participant

If your SSD don´t want to boot but works, just use eMMC for window and SSD for installing programs.
    It´s like in the olden days where your partitioned the HDD with a small one for the OS and a bigger one for data.

worked perfect. small windows partition easy to backup and restore and the program/ data section just simple  copy for backup.

…………………………

and I put the 30MB ST251 in my computers I build. We were quite happy to have more than just 20MB, but you needed a different controller since the 30MB used the RLL method. I put some of the 80MB into towers also, but they were beasts, double height and quite heavy and not very reliable.
    today I can have half a terra in the size of my fingernail.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

rajko
    Participant

Hello guys! A few days ago, I bought some unknown to me ssd. KINGDIAN of 240 GB, it was a relatively inexpensive around $60 on Amazon, it was delivered within 2 days. Using the instructions that I read on TechTablets, easily downloaded software for cloning, followed the instructions, and it was all over in 15 minutes. Thank you very much TecgTablets on very detailed instructions. My sincere recommendation for anyone who wants to install the ssd. to use, follow the video and instructions, that won’t be a problem

Chupa
    Participant

Kingdian is the brand what Gearbest sells for a horrid price
    Aliexpress sells Kingspec for much less.
    There are also other brands but it is mostly Shenzen low quality copies.
    Stay away from 512GB 2240 take 2280 ( much faster)

Need Help?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar