X98_PRO_android_5.1_mirek190_v6.0 rom

X98_PRO_android_5.1_mirek190_v6.0 rom

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum X98_PRO_android_5.1_mirek190_v6.0 rom

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 990 total)
  • Author
    Ruto Inor
    Participant

To be able to flash a new firmware, you need to have booted Android last.

Mark Muilwijk
    Participant

Success!

ok, so the problem was in the fact that my tablet was not recognised in DNX mode. I tried to install a virtual windows 7 machine, and install the drivers for the tablet in the virtual machine. I forced the tablet to use general MTP drivers in win10, and subsequently the tablet was recognised as an intel AD device in the virtual machine. Running Mireks bat script in the virtual machine, I actually got some response from the tablet, which jumped to Fastboot mode (with the android figure with its belly open). The script window colour jumped to red, but then it froze again.

So I fell back to my normal win10 environment, set the tablet in DNX mode again, and tried to find the intel AD drivers in win10. they were hidden in a folder for Asus Android device, I have an Asus android phone. I selected google AD device drivers, but now my tablet was not recognised.

Reboot of both pc and tablet resulted in tablet recognised as intel AD device, and I could run the script. During the script, the device is recognised as a cherry trail tablet, check if you need to re-install drivers for this stage as well when the write fails.

I am now looking at my tablet doing a clean android initiation.

good luck, I hope that this helps some people

Ruto Inor
    Participant

Indeed, one cannot flash the tablet from a virtual machine.

Pandit
    Participant

Maybe it’s discussed before, If so I apologize. The search capabilities on techtablets.com is not so good, only a site search and no topic search

I can’t play youtube movies in landscape so I have no benefit of the big screen. Is this a ROM issue or a setting someware , It’s really bothering me

I hope there is a solution

Kindly regards Pandit

Pandit
    Participant

Maybe it’s discussed before, If so I apologize. The search capabilities on techtablets.com is not so good, only a site search and no topic search I can’t play youtube movies in landscape so I have no benefit of the big screen. Is this a ROM issue or a setting someware , It’s really bothering me I hope there is a solution

I found the solution. The setting is not under display but under Accessibility –> auto rotate screen, strange place, but I’m happy now

Kindly regards Pandit

xloupas
    Participant

hi guys just flashed mireks v6 by the way thank you mirek,

one question where can i find the previous versions of mireks rom for my x98 pro?

Ben james
    Participant

Just going to put this out there.

Anyone having a hard time with the “waiting on device”. The simpliest method i found was just to use windows 7. Windows 10 has locked down drivers even more and was causing my issues. When i installed win 7 on a spare laptop and ran the intel drivers “Step 2” you get some red prompts and click install anyways and that should resolve the issue. The drivers will take this way and ADB/fastboot sees the device.

Just my two cents to help people stuck.

Ruto Inor
    Participant

As a follow-up, I manage to have great idle battery lifetime first by using TeclastBootmanager and preventing as many programs to auto-start as possible.

Next, using Greenify seems to have made a large difference.

I still have an unresponsive tablet every 1-2 weeks, but can live with that.

defly
    Participant

Hi guys,

it’s my first message here and I want to thank Chris for the awesome website and work!

I bought from GB a x98 pro some weeks ago, windows partition is OK but android is a mess. Most of the applications lag ( for example keyboards like fleksy swiftkey), games don’t even start. I can just use telegram, email and some fb. I can’t understand, every app is much slower than my phone ( Xiaomi RN2) .

Do you think it may be a software related problem? Installing mirek’s rom would fix it? Which version would you suggest, v5 or v6?

Thanks

Ruto Inor
    Participant

Of course it would help !

Mirek v6 + modifications listed in this thread (scripts, developer options, greenify) and you are all set. The only caveat is that from time to time, the screen does not come back to life. Pressing the power button for more than 11 seconds powers down the tablet.

You can also try to install the stock android rom, just to start from a clean state.

Good luck.

angelo
    Participant

I guysanyone could help me

I’m trying to install mirek v6 from a win7 64

I’m stuck at the the “waiting on device” point

When i install Adb driver it is not unning smooyhly This is what i see

Output folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel Android Device USB driver
    Windows version: 7
    Extract: Setup.ico… 100%
    Extract: CertMgr.exe… 100%
    Extract: MFLD_USB_driver_cert.cer… 100%
    CertMgr.exe MFLD_USB_driver_cert.cer returned 0
    Extract: drvinstall.exe… 100%
    Extract: DIFxAPI.dll… 100%
    Extract: intc_usbcomp.inf… 100%
    Extract: intc_cdcserial.inf… 100%
    Extract: intc_mtp.inf… 100%
    Extract: intc_rndis.inf… 100%
    Extract: intc_adb.inf… 100%
    Extract: intc_dvctrace.inf… 100%
    Extract: intc_usbcompamd64.cat… 100%
    Extract: intc_cdcserialamd64.cat… 100%
    Extract: intc_mtpamd64.cat… 100%
    Extract: intc_rndisamd64.cat… 100%
    Extract: intc_adbamd64.cat… 100%
    Extract: intc_dvctraceamd64.cat… 100%
    Output folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel Android Device USB driver\amd64
    Extract: WdfCoInstaller01009.dll… 100%
    Extract: winusbcoinstaller2.dll… 100%
    Extract: WUDFUpdate_01009.dll… 100%
    Output folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel Android Device USB driver
    Installing drivers, please wait
    drvinstall.exe intc_usbcomp.inf returned 0
    drvinstall.exe intc_cdcserial.inf returned 0
    drvinstall.exe intc_rndis.inf returned 0
    drvinstall.exe intc_mtp.inf returned 0
    drvinstall.exe intc_adb.inf returned 0

drvinstall.exe intc dvctrace.inf returned  0

the last 6 lines don’t look so good

I’ve tried many workaround to make my pc accept the drivers

Test mode , disbled driver signature , disbled Uac, firewall

nothing : waiting for devices is my only result Please Help

Ruto Inor
    Participant

Two things well explained in this thread but that you have missed: install the right drivers as administrator (look for the correct version in this thread). Then in order to be able to flash the tablet, you need to have booted Android last.

Ruto Inor
    Participant

by the way, an error code of 0 usually means that no error has occured

angelo
    Participant

Of course i did log in as administrator , and i’m entering from boot in android menu in android then i tried either to turn it off and turn in on again and i tried to reboot once i got in in android , still my only result is “waiting for device”

Thanks for your answer anyway.

I see there is an unkonwn device in device manager , i tried to install driver from there but it is telling me that i’ve got the right drivers but they have been disactivated becouse they are no signed.

angelo
    Participant

1 – First thing i do I run Cmd as Admin and disable driver signatur and reboot as  admin:

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON
    shutdown /r /t 0

2 – From  package  “X98_PRO_android_5.1_mirek190_v6.0” I run “1-FIRST_ INSTALL_ IT_! (ADB_drivers).exe”

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 990 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar