Bad EZBook pro batteries – How to replace step by step

Bad EZBook pro batteries – How to replace step by step

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Bad EZBook pro batteries – How to replace step by step

• This topic has 270 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by akram.
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 271 total)
  • Author
    Galen G. Cortes
    Participant

Hi Paco,

Could you provide me the link of the battery online store?

Galen G. Cortes
    Participant

Hi Paco

Can you provide me the link of the online store?

tomek
    Participant

Hello everyone, As I said, I ended up wiring the batteries as they came from the factory, and as seen in this thread. New wires where old ones were. Not as in seller’s picture. (Chances are it doesn’t actually matter. I am still waiting for someone with more knowledge to come and tell us the difference.) Also, to manually charge the batteries, You can use a regular 5V 2A charger (I used 5V 1.2A, did it gently, but perhaps took too long). I just cut and stripped the wires and tied them to the battery terminals best way I could. Checked regularly with the multimeter to see the voltage, stop at 4.3V. Check temperature regularly, if they get hot to touch, stop. You can read my previous messages for more details. It seems that I was the only one with this problem, though. Probably you should be fine if both cells come at the same voltage from the beginning. I didn’t check them when I first got them. That was my mistake, I think. Keep in mind as well that I am completely new to this (Bought a soldering iron and a multimeter to do this). I was asking for advice the whole time. Now I am just sharing my experience. Good Luck Paco

Hi,

I did everything Paco stated.

1. Cells connected as described in the begining of this thread.

2. Charged batteries for the first time for 6 hours.

3. The discharging procedure runs 🙂 The battery bar shows as attached.

4. So far works as charm. I will let u know the results after a week and a month.

ps. One original battery I replaced works fine. Do you think I coud re-use it in the future?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    airbites
    Participant

Tomek w przyszłości może ale do małych tabletów. Nie używana szybko starzeje się. Ty po kupnie tego EZbook czyli klona Kiano rozładowałeś go do końca? czy od razu go naładowałeś?

Naładuj tego minilaptopa do końca, włącz go i zostaw go włączonego aż się rozładuje do końca żeby system ,,nauczył się,, kontroli baterii itd.

Francesco
    Participant

Ok, so I have promising results now. First discharge was very good, almost 7 hours of mixed/light use. Second discharge, also good over 5 hours, with 2+ hours of playing a game (reaching the 9w TDP most of the time) also some video playback. Still a bit of battery left; goes to hibernate at 4% and after 15 minutes, computer can be turned on again at 7 to 14% (third time now). Chinese seller was right, it seems. After fully charging both cells manually (both to 4.3V), it now seems to be working as expected. Nothing was faulty. He proved as helpful as this thread. (To his advantage, of course). Also, I wired the batteries as instructed in this thread; new wires where old ones were. Not as in seller’s picture above. I will update if there is something new. But for now I am happy. Let’s see how long this lasts. Paco

Nice!

keep us posted

Galen G. Cortes
    Participant

Hi Paco,

Online store link,  pls.

steve
    Participant

Can anyone provide a link to a replacement battery proctection pcb?

I cant find one looking on aliexpress and so now my laptop wont work unless constantly plugged in, same as before i changed the batterys!

Attachments:
    Paco
    Participant

@steve

I am afraid I don’t know how to help you. If it really is shot beyond repair, (I assume you checked batteries give voltage at the tabs where they are soldered, but no current at the cables that go to the computer, then best hope is to reflow all the points, maybe twist and bend the board a little bit or something, like Chupa suggested.) You might as well ask one of the chinese battery masters, maybe they have something to help you (In China, everything is possible). The one I talked to seemed to know his stuff. Worst case scenario, you have to buy one of those full battery units, or perhaps deal with GB (or whomever) support, if you can.

Again, I am no expert. Hopefully someone else can give you better advice. Or somebody can just point you to the spare board. I didn’t know how to even look for it.

Hi Paco, Online store link, pls.

@Galen G.Cortes

I am sure you are smart enough to figure it out on your own. Especially since you had the energy to ask for it three times.

However, it is not just your fault that the useful messages get buried. Nobody with a problem like this should be expected to fully read 16 pages of a thread.

There should be a better way to handle this. Sorry if I sounded a bit rude. Es sólo mi opinión.

Paco

Chupa
    Participant

well , you do not read everything, you just skim and see where the good parts are.
    Often they start with Chupa.

but if you want to create a wiki page about all the essential info, you are quite welcome to do so.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Rac4
    Participant

(1/3)

dAFUQQR
    Participant

After reading all the material here and being full with hope…i had to see that none of the recommended batteries are shipped to Germany

….

F me

hansi
    Participant

Same Problem here. Nobody ships this batteries to Germany.

Maybe a portable power bank could work. But the portable power banks designed for laptops are really heavy and expensive.

And I don’t know if the cheaper power banks from Xiaomi deliver 12 V with enough Ampere.

Peter
    Participant

I bought this battery , it took 4 weeks to be delivered to Germany:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Laptop-Battery-For-Jumper-EZBook-3-Pro-V3-V4-LB10-P313R-HW-3687265-7-6V-4800mAh/32951330630.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3da24c4dA4Mb1m

Results are now 4.5 h-5 h of battery duration with 50% Brigthness and webbrowsing with around 8 Tabs open (Firefox). I am using the new battery now for 10 days. Wondering how long it will last? Still a little bit disappointed as I expected 6-7 Hours….

but okay, I will not buy any chinese budget laptops anymore. My original battery with the Exzbook 3 Pro lasted only three months.

Snapshot
    Participant

Hey Guys,

my laptop shuts down instantly when Power plug is removed. When its not plugged it, it doesnt start. The strange thing is that Windows shows 100% full battery and no problems…

the question is, if i buy a new battery woudl it work? or can it be any other problem? dont want to spend 48€ round about and then its not working.

Batttery stats attached:

Attachments:
    Snapshot
    Participant

They DO ship to germany!! https://www.cdrtd.com/products/laptop-battery-for-jumper-ezbook-3-pro-v3-v4-lb10-p313r-hw-3687265-7-6v-4500mah-32-4wh-new-and-original.html

I asked the support and with the 15% discount code i get offered (Link on the site), i would pay 48€ with shipment!

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 271 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar