drivers for EZPad 6 PRO

drivers for EZPad 6 PRO

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZPad series drivers for EZPad 6 PRO

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin
    Participant

for some reason it still doesn’t work for me. I’ve tried flashing bios with american megatrends bios application and tried installing those drivers by manually replacing them in system folder. nothing helped ?

I would advise against copying the driver directly into system folders, that never worked for me! You can’t be sure if it actually uses your new driver if there is more than one driver installed (which is very likely if you have been experimenting with drivers for the touchscreen).

Instead, use the device manager and select under HID-Devices->”KMDF HID Minidriver for Touch I2C Device”->(rightklick)”update driver”->”Browse my computer for driver software”->”Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”

(Note: there you can see any drivers already installed for this device)

->”Have Disk…”->select the ini-file of the driver

and windows will load your selected driver for this device immediately. I had a wrong driver installed and after selecting the right one the touchscreen worked right away, no restart requiered. So if my driver should not work just try other ones and test them the same way. (i would guess that there are only two touch panels that jumper uses for the ezpad 6 (s) pro). And please don’t brick your tablet with dangerous bios flashes, they will not help you with your touchscreen, all issues come from this kmdf driver / a wrong version.

You could also open your tablet (at your own risk, will void your warranty but I guess Chinese warranty is a joke if they can’t even offer you device drivers) and look at the connector of the touch screen and find out which model if is. See:  https://imgur.com/R0Gcepj

Another possibility is to install the bosch accelerometer driver version a and after that version b and see if the rotation is 180° inverted. The autorotation will be 180° inverted with the wrong one.

But I would try my driver and the other one for the a-touchscreen which I saw somewhere here in the forums first.

EDIT: Attached touch and accel drivers for model a+b (not 100% sure on model a as I can’t test if those drivers are working)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Omer Hayan
    Participant

Hi Benjamin!

I had the same problem with touchscreen and with your help I solved my problem. Thank you, thank you.

Benjamin
    Participant

Hi Benjamin! I had the same problem with touchscreen and with your help I solved my problem. Thank you, thank you.

Nice to hear that it worked for you 🙂

Which driver worked for you/do you own the a-version of the tablet? Because I would like to know if I found the right driver for the a version which I can’t try myself since I have the b version.

Omer Hayan
    Participant

First (Ezpad6spro_after_2017_KMDF_HID_Touch_I2C) worked on my tablet. I did not try any others. I bought from Aliexpress in September. I do not know which version is a tablet? How can I find out? (N3450 cpu and 6gb ram)

Benjamin
    Participant

First (Ezpad6spro_after_2017_KMDF_HID_Touch_I2C) worked on my tablet. I did not try any others. I bought from Aliexpress in September. I do not know which version is a tablet? How can I find out? (N3450 cpu and 6gb ram)

Then it is version b, otherwise the driver would not have worked. You can’t tell from the outside or specs, only by which drivers work or the labels on the internal touchscreen ribbon. So I will have to wait for someone with the a version 🙁 . Thanks nevertheless.

Omer Hayan
    Participant

I thank you again, you have definitely saved my tablet.

josip
    Participant

which one would i choose from here? all 4 have been installed in the system now but all of them give me ghost touches. whereever i press the touch, i get 3 more touches on the other part of screen.

also the rotation doesn’t work for some reason even though i have rotation lock option which is turned off.

other photo shows Silead GSL 3692 chip.

Attachments:
    josip
    Participant

omg lol fixed touch by deleting all wdfxxxx files and sileadxxxx from system32/drivers but rotation still doesn’t work. i’ll try to figure out whats wrong later on, probably requires more deleting than i know. cuz i now my whole systems drivers were updated, including those marked as system devices I2C and GPIO and others in device manager. that’s when sensor stopped working. there’s currently no exclamation mark in device manager on bosch sensor and rotation lock is off, but still won’t turn around.

Benjamin
    Participant

which one would i choose from here? all 4 have been installed in the system now but all of them give me ghost touches. whereever i press the touch, i get 3 more touches on the other part of screen. also the rotation doesn’t work for some reason even though i have rotation lock option which is turned off. other photo shows Silead GSL 3692 chip.

Your tablet is probably the b version. And by installing the driver with the “have disk” option the system normaly adds this driver to the system files and selects it for use. It should not be requiered to delete the wrong other drivers, but that probably works too.

Benjamin
    Participant

omg lol fixed touch by deleting all wdfxxxx files and sileadxxxx from system32/drivers but rotation still doesn’t work. i’ll try to figure out whats wrong later on, probably requires more deleting than i know. cuz i now my whole systems drivers were updated, including those marked as system devices I2C and GPIO and others in device manager. that’s when sensor stopped working. there’s currently no exclamation mark in device manager on bosch sensor and rotation lock is off, but still won’t turn around.

By deleting the silead files you probably have disabled the wrong silead drivers which were previousely installed and active and caused malfunction of the touchscreen, but i don’t know any wdfxxxx file which has something to do with the silead driver? Could you have accidentaly deleted parts of your accelerometer driver?

Personally I don’t use rotation at all because using a 16:9 in portrait feels strange.

And there is an option in device manager to uninstall the currently active driver, so it disables the device and removes the currently active driver, and if you restart it will select the next best driver in the list if there is one installed. So you can remove the drivers for the device if you don’t know what system files belong to it, but if you have more than one driver installed it will probably take a few reboots and uninstalls.

Benjamin
    Participant

By deleting the silead files you probably have disabled the wrong silead drivers which were previousely installed and active and caused malfunction of the touchscreen, but i don’t know any wdfxxxx file which has something to do with the silead driver? Could you have accidentaly deleted parts of your accelerometer driver? Personally I don’t use rotation at all because using a 16:9 in portrait feels strange. And there is an option in device manager to uninstall the currently active driver, so it disables the device and removes the currently active driver, and if you restart it will select the next best driver in the list if there is one installed. So you can remove the drivers for the device if you don’t know what system files belong to it, but if you have more than one driver installed it will probably take a few reboots and uninstalls.

Attachments:
    josip
    Participant

thanks benjamin. my drivers are same as yours although rotation still doesn’t work for some reason. its kinda late and i just came back from work so i’ll try to figure out what’s next to delete to make system functioning 😀

cheers for all the help, you saved everyone on this forum, or atleast on this thread

Attachments:
    Chris
    Participant

for some reason it still doesn’t work for me. I’ve tried flashing bios with american megatrends bios application and tried installing those drivers by manually replacing them in system folder. nothing helped ?

I would advise against copying the driver directly into system folders, that never worked for me! You can’t be sure if it actually uses your new driver if there is more than one driver installed (which is very likely if you have been experimenting with drivers for the touchscreen). Instead, use the device manager and select under HID-Devices->”KMDF HID Minidriver for Touch I2C Device”->(rightklick)”update driver”->”Browse my computer for driver software”->”Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer” (Note: there you can see any drivers already installed for this device) ->”Have Disk…”->select the ini-file of the driver and windows will load your selected driver for this device immediately. I had a wrong driver installed and after selecting the right one the touchscreen worked right away, no restart requiered. So if my driver should not work just try other ones and test them the same way. (i would guess that there are only two touch panels that jumper uses for the ezpad 6 (s) pro). And please don’t brick your tablet with dangerous bios flashes, they will not help you with your touchscreen, all issues come from this kmdf driver / a wrong version. You could also open your tablet (at your own risk, will void your warranty but I guess Chinese warranty is a joke if they can’t even offer you device drivers) and look at the connector of the touch screen and find out which model if is. See: https://imgur.com/R0Gcepj Another possibility is to install the bosch accelerometer driver version a and after that version b and see if the rotation is 180° inverted. The autorotation will be 180° inverted with the wrong one. But I would try my driver and the other one for the a-touchscreen which I saw somewhere here in the forums first. EDIT: Attached touch and accel drivers for model a+b (not 100% sure on model a as I can’t test if those drivers are working)

I have b version touchscreen. As I backed up whole MMC before actually booting windows when I got it. I was able to go back to as new and it all worked.

So I wonder if your drivers will work on my 6 pro, I can then create a fresh up to date windows 10 install.

thanks benjamin. my drivers are same as yours although rotation still doesn’t work for some reason. its kinda late and i just came back from work so i’ll try to figure out what’s next to delete to make system functioning ? cheers for all the help, you saved everyone on this forum, or atleast on this thread

Check if its greyed out or missing in notifications. I found that some times after updates or fresh install, it would disable the services and reg values for rotation. I had to manually enable it in reg etc etc.

Benjamin
    Participant

Have I understood it right? you want to reinstall windows/do a fresh install?

If you have a working tochscreen you can backup the currently in use drivers with a windows inbuils system command by opening cmd (Command prompt) with administrative priviledged and use “DISM /online /export-driver /destination:C:\path\to\folder”

(see https://pureinfotech.com/backup-drivers-dism-command-line-windows-10/)

My drivers should work for you in theory, but I would still backup and use your drivers for the fresh install. One thing to keep in mind is that Windows might only output an image over the microhdmi and not to the touchscreen when there is no driver installed and my tablet also crashed without the right realtek wifi driver(the one microsoft supplies reboots the tablet after 1minute or so).

Chris
    Participant

Have I understood it right? you want to reinstall windows/do a fresh install? If you have a working tochscreen you can backup the currently in use drivers with a windows inbuils system command by opening cmd (Command prompt) with administrative priviledged and use “DISM /online /export-driver /destination:C:\path\to\folder” (see https://pureinfotech.com/backup-drivers-dism-command-line-windows-10/) My drivers should work for you in theory, but I would still backup and use your drivers for the fresh install. One thing to keep in mind is that Windows might only output an image over the microhdmi and not to the touchscreen when there is no driver installed and my tablet also crashed without the right realtek wifi driver(the one microsoft supplies reboots the tablet after 1minute or so).

Doesn’t work, I did a full backup as you described already. First thing I tried when I got it. I used to do alot of Linx Vision fresh iso’s with full touch support. I dump all backed up drivers into the image, so it can’t moan there is drivers missing. I do have a HDMI sound driver issue at the moment. Windows updated main driver and left the OED driver, it now complains. It cant start driver. After reading up, it appears both drivers are part and parcel and need to be updated together. However no matter what I did, it would not work. I had to disable it in Device manager.

With jumper, its odd. Backed up drivers don’t work, you get the ghosting effect others have mentioned. So there must be some type of configuration done when full driver package first installs. As we are only backing up INF, Im guessing its only part of the driver. Lynx used to have a GT file in the Windows folder.

I also found that a fresh install caused problems with WiFi. It appears the WiFi is attached to the USB hub. I used driver updater to grab all the latest drivers and once it installed the usb controller drivers, all devices attached to that hub were screwed. Even going back to original driver didn’t help, as it had already changed alot of devices to something else. So only option I had, was to go back to my original bloated install and update to lastest version from there. This time avoiding the USB driver and touchscreen update.

I did ask jumper directly for drivers, as I can’t get them from that stupid site the put them on and they completely ignored me. I got more help from the reseller I bought it from.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar