drivers for EZPad 6 PRO

drivers for EZPad 6 PRO

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZPad series drivers for EZPad 6 PRO

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Stealfighter
    Participant

realy nice – good idea *thumbs up*

Moabs Washpot
    Participant

I have an EZpad 6 Pro being delivered today.

Can anybody tell me what key to press to get into the bios, Also is there a key to press to get a boot menu for booting from an usb flash drive.

I want to make an Acronis image of the system before i start to use it, So i can mess about.

Thanks for any help.

Stealfighter
    Participant

hello

I use the keyboard docing

to get into the BIOS you have to hit the Esc Key during power on.

without the docingkeyboard it will work with normaly USB Keyboard to

hope it will help you 🙂

Moabs Washpot
    Participant

hello I use the keyboard docing to get into the BIOS you have to hit the Esc Key during power on. without the docingkeyboard it will work with normaly USB Keyboard to hope it will help you ?

I bought the EZpad 6 Pro with the keyboard.

Do you know what key brings up the boot menu ??

Thanks

John.

Stealfighter
    Participant

i´m sorry

i dont know

but i think you can configure it in the bios options, the is a place named boot and then 3 options

Moabs Washpot
    Participant

i´m sorry i dont know but i think you can configure it in the bios options, the is a place named boot and then 3 options

Thanks for the Help 🙂

Artur
    Participant

Thanks for the help, excellent. I thought the tablet was dead.
    Thanks to Benjamin and NeO928.
    Now works perfectly my EZPAD 6Pro.

Ben
    Participant

Hello everybody.

I have an issue with my EZpad 6 pro webcam which does not work at all. It does not appear in the device manager.

It was already the case when it ran on the factory emmc memory. I upgraded it with a SSD ans a fresh new windows installation.

When I opened it to fit the SSD in, I checked the webcam. The flat connector which runs from the webcam to the motherboard seems in good condition and is well connected.

I thought the new windows installation could solve the problem with new drivers but unfortunately no…

Could it still be a driver related issue ? Or a BIOS issue (I checked the BIOS and front camera is enabled) ?

Or maybe the webcam is simply dead and it needs to be replaced. Would anybody know its reference so that I search on the internet for a spare one please ?

Thanks in advance for your answers and your help.

Regards.

Benjamin
    Participant

Hi Ben

The webcam is connected internally with usb. Mine had some solderpads next to the ribbon which should expose all four neccesary pins for USB. So you could hook it up to another pc to test it by butchering an usb cable and soldering to the pads.

The only thing in the bios could be that you managed to disable this specific usb port.

If the thing shows up as a usb webcam somewhere in device manager it’s probably the windows data protection/privacy setting which I think by default blocks normal non WinStore apps from using the camera.

You can probably find cheap replacements on ebay when you search for “usb camera laptop”. But the quality of those mini cameras is very lackluster.

It’s currently difficult to get a webcam because of high market demand. You could try to use an android phone as a webcam (droidcam and others) or if this video setup can be stationary you could get a ip surveilance camera.

I know all of this because I actually ripped the usb cam out of my tablet, since the missing camera active led makes the thing not very trustworthy.

see: https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/ezpad-6-pro-camera-led-removed-by-factory/

If you need further info, just reply 🙂

Greeting

Benjamin

Ben
    Participant

Hi Benjamin.

Thank you very much for your detailed answer, I really appreciate.

I might give it a try with a usb cable on another computer, but I really think camera is dead (it definitely does not show up in device manager) and it is not disabled via the bios.

I found an old logitech office computer webcam which still works and is equiped with a camera active led… It is a little bit big but fits on the edge of the tablet and provides a decent resolution.

Thanks a lot once again. Kind regards.

Ben
    Participant

Hello.

Back again with my webcam issue.

In fact the webcam hardware seems to be ok, but it does not show up in device manager in the wecam or camera section. I have a “camera sensor gc2355” which appears in the system devices section (and it disappears if I disable webcam in the bios).

Windows camera says “unable to start your webcam” and skype detects a front camera but only shows a black screen.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Regards.

Ben
    Participant

Hello Benjamin.

It is very odd because my webcam looks totally different from the picture you posted on the thread you refer to about the removed led.

And the ribbon connector on the motherboard looks more like a serial port…

The gc2355 device in my device manager is located on an “intel(r) serial IO I2C host controller – 5ABA”, and it is deactivated if I disable the front camera in the bios.

I found the gc2355 driver on jumper’s website, initially after fresh windows installation, it appears like an unknown device in the manager.

So I think it’s a mess up with drivers which prevent apps from starting the camera… But I haven’t found any fix (yet ?), not that much information about this camera sensor…

Regards.

Dant0s
    Participant

Hey can someone tell me how to install these drivers on Linux Kubuntu for example?

https://github.com/onitake/gsl-firmware/tree/master/firmware/jumper/EZpad_6_pro

How do I download them and where should I put them?

Can someone make a step by step tutorial on how to install the drivers for kubuntu?

Can someone tell me what to do and in the terminal?  Like a step by step commando tutorial? Please.

Peace

Edit: Installed this way: https://onlooker7921.wordpress.com/2019/11/20/ezpad-6-pro-ubuntu18-04%E3%81%AEtouchscreen/

but the touchscreen is far off, does anybody know how to make it better?

Edit: I’ve used the Jumper Ezpad 6 pro B version and now everything works..

max
    Participant

hello. I reinstalled windows 10 on my ezpad 6s pro. everything is good, but there is one drawback. when I touch the screen, the accuracy of the touch does not raise questions. but when touched, the right mouse button always works. What needs to be done so that the screen behaves adequately? Thanks

Benjamin
    Participant

hello. I reinstalled windows 10 on my ezpad 6s pro. everything is good, but there is one drawback. when I touch the screen, the accuracy of the touch does not raise questions. but when touched, the right mouse button always works. What needs to be done so that the screen behaves adequately? Thanks

Hi max,

sorry, I don’t fully understand what you mean with that. When I do a short press on the touchscreen it will show a circle and perform a left-click, when long-pressing it will show a square and perform a right click. I think there is a windows setting to adjust the delay until it counts as a right click.

If you touchscreen only does right clicks but the position is correct, than probably it is a slightly different controller and possibly requires a different firmware. Jumper has shipped the tablet with at least two different versions of touchscreens, I think both versions (a/b) have a driver linked here in this thread, but there could always be more versions.

Best,
    Benjamin

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar