drivers for EZPad 6 PRO

drivers for EZPad 6 PRO

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZPad series drivers for EZPad 6 PRO

This topic contains 83 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Benjamin 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 84 total)
  • Author

Benjamin
    Participant

That doesn’t sound good,
    first of all the backup of the tochscreen driver should contain four files and the SileadTouch.sys file is the most important one as it contains the device specific firmware. What kind of ghosting do you get? If the points appear at seemingly random locationd (in packs of four touch points) then it is most likely a firmware missmatch. If the toch area is scaled somehow than it is caused by some configuration with incorrect resolution.

And that .gt file is, as far as I know, for slight calibration if your screen is off by a few mm, but not if it is completely unusable with ghost touches all over the place.
    The wifi issues are quiet common, it is caused by the rtl8723bu chip which has two antennas while chinese manufacturers only connect one antenna and modify their driver to use the right antenna port. If windows installs its own driver it seems to use the wrong antenna and this results in bad reception and low speed. It is internaly connected with usb.
    And I would not use such tools as “driver updater” for tablets with such special device drivers as they wont have the right drivers in most cases.

What I did is installed a clean win10 image and installed the drivers over device manager afterwards.

And going back to the original driver for the usb hub should have fixed the problem, are you sure that you replaced the right driver/ that your method for replacing the driver is working (does it really use the new driver? – see version in device manager).

I have not used hdmi audio yet, so I can’t comment on that one.

are you installing windows on a fresh sata ssd or on the emmc?

JuanC
    Participant

Hi!

Here you have the link to the official drivers. I still have to test in my tablet.

http://en.jumper.com.cn/downloadcenter/list.aspx?lcid=19

Cheers

JuanC
    Participant

Filippo
    Participant

Good morning friends,
    Could someone tell me where to buy the spare parts?
    I have broken the support that adjusts the opening of the tablet when you put it on the table.

To better explain,I mean the hinges.

I tried with the seller and with the official web site, but both did not answer.

Can someone help me?
    Thanks in advance,

Filippo

Stephen
    Participant

Thank you very much Benjamin,you saved my sanity and my tablet.

Benjamin
    Participant

Thank you very much Benjamin,you saved my sanity and my tablet.

Thanks, yeah I almost got insane while searching for the correct firmware too. It’s frustrating to try 10 different firmwares and none of them works, just because they have two different touchscreen models. I’m working on linux support atm. Got it working with an 4.19 kernel,

https://github.com/onitake/gsl-firmware and https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8723bu .

My plan was to get the adonit touch 4 stylus working on the tablet like: https://github.com/GeReV/adonit_linux , I partially suceeded, I get input, but gimp recognizes the stylus but it refuses to draw something.

Benjamin
    Participant

Good morning friends, Could someone tell me where to buy the spare parts? I have broken the support that adjusts the opening of the tablet when you put it on the table. To better explain,I mean the hinges. I tried with the seller and with the official web site, but both did not answer. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance, Filippo

Can you make a photo of the broken part? I don’t have seen anyone offering the hinge mechanism, but maybe you can fix it yourself, a 3d printed part or something else probably?

Mike
    Participant

After installing an SSD and re-installing Windows (Home) on my EZPad 6 Pro, I was able to get all devices running again except the touchscreen. It works buggy and does not cover the entire screen.

I tried to install the EZPad touchscreen driver but Windows keeps using its own generic touchscreen driver, saying “there already is a newer / better one” 🙁

So I had to deactivate the touchscreen in the device manager. Did not found any solution yet. Tried to activate / deactivate it – no luck. If I uninstall the device from the device manager, Windows just keeps installing its generic driver on the next boot. So there is no way to install the EZPad touchscreen driver :-/

Benjamin
    Participant

for some reason it still doesn’t work for me. I’ve tried flashing bios with american megatrends bios application and tried installing those drivers by manually replacing them in system folder. nothing helped ?

I would advise against copying the driver directly into system folders, that never worked for me! You can’t be sure if it actually uses your new driver if there is more than one driver installed (which is very likely if you have been experimenting with drivers for the touchscreen). Instead, use the device manager and select under HID-Devices->”KMDF HID Minidriver for Touch I2C Device”->(rightklick)”update driver”->”Browse my computer for driver software”->”Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer” (Note: there you can see any drivers already installed for this device) ->”Have Disk…”->select the ini-file of the driver and windows will load your selected driver for this device immediately. I had a wrong driver installed and after selecting the right one the touchscreen worked right away, no restart requiered. So if my driver should not work just try other ones and test them the same way. (i would guess that there are only two touch panels that jumper uses for the ezpad 6 (s) pro). And please don’t brick your tablet with dangerous bios flashes, they will not help you with your touchscreen, all issues come from this kmdf driver / a wrong version. You could also open your tablet (at your own risk, will void your warranty but I guess Chinese warranty is a joke if they can’t even offer you device drivers) and look at the connector of the touch screen and find out which model if is. See: https://imgur.com/R0Gcepj Another possibility is to install the bosch accelerometer driver version a and after that version b and see if the rotation is 180° inverted. The autorotation will be 180° inverted with the wrong one. But I would try my driver and the other one for the a-touchscreen which I saw somewhere here in the forums first. EDIT: Attached touch and accel drivers for model a+b (not 100% sure on model a as I can’t test if those drivers are working)

@wanderer777
    Windows is quiet stubborn when it comes to installing another version of the drivers, but if you have an ezpad pro a or b then the “Browse my computer” method sould be working. Just uninstalling the driver resulted in the same behavior you described.

Mike
    Participant

@wanderer777
    Windows is quiet stubborn when it comes to installing another version of the drivers, but if you have an ezpad pro a or b then the “Browse my computer” method sould be working. Just uninstalling the driver resulted in the same behavior you described.

I tried this many times but this doesn’t work. When chosing “Browse my Computer” and directing to the EZPad Touch Screen Driver Windows keeps saying “there is already a newer / better version installed”. So no way to install the other driver, Windows keeps using its own instead 🙁

Benjamin
    Participant

I tried this many times but this doesn’t work. When chosing “Browse my Computer” and directing to the EZPad Touch Screen Driver Windows keeps saying “there is already a newer / better version installed”. So no way to install the other driver, Windows keeps using its own instead 🙁

Did you get to the menu where you see all installed versions of a driver, it’s a bit hidden in there and I don’t remember the exact submenu. But somewhere in there was the only way I found to overwrite the driver to use, even if it is called nothing like that in the menu, something like external disc drive or so if I remember corectely. So this all is a bit counterintuitive.

If nothing helps you could try to directly delete/copy files into your system32 directory, but that will come with some risk of bricking your device, so be sure to backup beforehand.

Paolo
    Participant

@Benjamin thank you so much for the driver..you have saved my tablet!!!!

So, I want to help all other people that cuold have the same problems that me with a short summary story:

-I musted format my tablet and restoring windows becouse I had some problems with product key and so on..

• after the restoring, the touch and the accelerometer doesn’t work correcrtly
    • reading this and other forums, I’ve seen that Jumper has product the same tablet with 2 models of touchscreen and accelerometer, but in their website there is updated only one type of drivers, probably the older..
    • contacting jumper, they not response and contacting banggood assistence they told me that there was no possibility to send drivers to the customer, only the replacing of the tablet ( in my situation it was not possible becouse I use the tablet for work and I can’t work without etc..)
    • at the and of the story, I’ve seen the post of @Benjamin with the drivers for the 2 different models, I’ve download them and resolved the problems using all the Jumper official website driver for ezpad 6s pro BUT ONLY FOR THE TOUCHSCREEN AND THE ACCELEROMETER I’VE USED THE DRIVERS FOR MODEL B POSTED BY OUR FRIEND AND YOU CAN FIND IN THE PREVIOUS COMMENT OF THIS CHAT

That’s all!!! I would like to give a very big thanks to Benjamin and his friend that give us the correct drivers and resolving this big rebus! I’ve just make some backups of drivers in my pc and hd for the fucture ( drivers downloaded and stored by sw like drive booster could not be the correct like in this case, so pay attention if you run that type of sw..after you colud have some problems like me)

Benjamin
    Participant

@benjamin thank you so much for the driver..you have saved my tablet!!!! So, I want to help all other people that cuold have the same problems that me with a short summary story: -I musted format my tablet and restoring windows becouse I had some problems with product key and so on..

• after the restoring, the touch and the accelerometer doesn’t work correcrtly
    • reading this and other forums, I’ve seen that Jumper has product the same tablet with 2 models of touchscreen and accelerometer, but in their website there is updated only one type of drivers, probably the older..
    • contacting jumper, they not response and contacting banggood assistence they told me that there was no possibility to send drivers to the customer, only the replacing of the tablet ( in my situation it was not possible becouse I use the tablet for work and I can’t work without etc..)
    • at the and of the story, I’ve seen the post of @benjamin with the drivers for the 2 different models, I’ve download them and resolved the problems using all the Jumper official website driver for ezpad 6s pro BUT ONLY FOR THE TOUCHSCREEN AND THE ACCELEROMETER I’VE USED THE DRIVERS FOR MODEL B POSTED BY OUR FRIEND AND YOU CAN FIND IN THE PREVIOUS COMMENT OF THIS CHAT

That’s all!!! I would like to give a very big thanks to Benjamin and his friend that give us the correct drivers and resolving this big rebus! I’ve just make some backups of drivers in my pc and hd for the fucture ( drivers downloaded and stored by sw like drive booster could not be the correct like in this case, so pay attention if you run that type of sw..after you colud have some problems like me)

Nice to hear that it worked. It’s a bit sad that windows can’t autoconfigure the drivers for this tablet, but somewhere on the touchscreen-firmware-git I read that the firmware is specially made for each touchscreen module.

Chris
    Participant

Have to say thank you to Benjamin. I used your drivers and the drivers from the jumper site to create a fresh fully updated recovery iso. Just installed an 120gb SSD, so testing iso on that, all good so far. Only bad news is, jumper must not have tested this tablet when connected to TV through HDMI. Sound is not working even with original drivers. So it wasnt the drivers I updated after all.

I will edit recovery iso now to see if I can get touch working in boot.wim. As not every one has a keyboard. I could also do a touch screen A one too. Might help others do a fresh install.

EDIT:- As Im testing. Im trying everything that caused issues in past. I have updated all drivers bar USB HUB (really Bluetooth chip) and Bosh Sensor. HDMI audio now works with latest drivers. Now with USB HUB, its mis-identified (if you allow it to be updated, it takes out Bluetooth chip and sets all devices attached to various other Bluetooth devices). This explains why a fresh install without drivers has, no wireless and any other device attached to Bluetooth chip. Apparently the BlueTooth chip is running USB3 HUB and anything attached to it.

Will continue testing and tweaking until I have answers to all issues, I have experienced.

Benjamin
    Participant

Have to say thank you to Benjamin. I used your drivers and the drivers from the jumper site to create a fresh fully updated recovery iso. Just installed an 120gb SSD, so testing iso on that, all good so far. Only bad news is, jumper must not have tested this tablet when connected to TV through HDMI. Sound is not working even with original drivers. So it wasnt the drivers I updated after all. I will edit recovery iso now to see if I can get touch working in boot.wim. As not every one has a keyboard. I could also do a touch screen A one too. Might help others do a fresh install. EDIT:- As Im testing. Im trying everything that caused issues in past. I have updated all drivers bar USB HUB (really Bluetooth chip) and Bosh Sensor. HDMI audio now works with latest drivers. Now with USB HUB, its mis-identified (if you allow it to be updated, it takes out Bluetooth chip and sets all devices attached to various other Bluetooth devices). This explains why a fresh install without drivers has, no wireless and any other device attached to Bluetooth chip. Apparently the BlueTooth chip is running USB3 HUB and anything attached to it. Will continue testing and tweaking until I have answers to all issues, I have experienced.

The Wifi/Bluetooth combo chip is an rtl8723bu which is connected with usb2.0 internally.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password