EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 532 total)
  • Author
    Giovanni
    Participant

giovanni, the previous problem was that the .efi file wouldn’t run. It gave me an error about not an executable file etc… when i downloaded a new version from the ami website (aptio v5) it validates the new rom but when i try to flash it, it freezes…

I’ll update the tools of the first post later, thanks for the report.
    But I don’t know what is causing your problem, sorry
    Maybe @moetm can help you

EDIT: tools updated

EZbook 3 Pro BIOS modder - find my work here
    If you want to tag me, my username is thegiolly

duane
    Participant

Goodmorning everyone,

a simple question, I normally to update the bios on other notebooks, I entered the bios I selected update bios and end.
    here I do not really understand the passage to update the already pached bios (me or V6).
    I get lost from point 2.5.1
    lol

my correct email is duanedespainETtiscali.it

Henk De Vries
    Participant

First of all, I have an Ezbook 3 Pro (Bios 12/05/2017)

I have downloaded your tools, and that includes AFUEFI64 5.10.00.1610. When trying to flash with /B /P it gives an error, “Unknown Command”.

Upon checking AfuEfix64.efi /?, the option /B is not displayed in the list of options. Reading through the changelog of the AfuEfi software I found this for version 5.10.00.1610:

“New Features

Added a mechanism that tool cannot use command /p /b /n to update BIOS in runtime flash if the system is EMMC.”

What does this mean?

Edit: I suceeded using a slightly older version of AfuEfix64.efi, (v5.09.00.1284)

I have attached it for other people running into this problem!

Editv45398453905380593: ffs, uploading is hard

Editv45398453905380594: ok its up

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Giovanni
    Participant

First of all, I have an Ezbook 3 Pro (Bios 12/05/2017) I have downloaded your tools, and that includes AFUEFI64 5.10.00.1610. When trying to flash with /B /P it gives an error, “Unknown Command”. Upon checking AfuEfix64.efi /?, the option /B is not displayed in the list of options. Reading through the changelog of the AfuEfi software I found this for version 5.10.00.1610: “New Features Added a mechanism that tool cannot use command /p /b /n to update BIOS in runtime flash if the system is EMMC.” What does this mean? Edit: I suceeded using a slightly older version of AfuEfix64.efi, (v5.09.00.1284) I have attached it for other people running into this problem! Editv45398453905380593: ffs, uploading is hard Editv45398453905380594: ok its up

Hi, thanks for the report.
    Where did you download it from?

EDIT: tools package update, rolled back to older sw version

Tom
    Participant

Henk’s solution worked for me!

Henk De Vries
    Participant

First of all, I have an Ezbook 3 Pro (Bios 12/05/2017) I have downloaded your tools, and that includes AFUEFI64 5.10.00.1610. When trying to flash with /B /P it gives an error, “Unknown Command”. Upon checking AfuEfix64.efi /?, the option /B is not displayed in the list of options. Reading through the changelog of the AfuEfi software I found this for version 5.10.00.1610: “New Features Added a mechanism that tool cannot use command /p /b /n to update BIOS in runtime flash if the system is EMMC.” What does this mean? Edit: I suceeded using a slightly older version of AfuEfix64.efi, (v5.09.00.1284) I have attached it for other people running into this problem! Editv45398453905380593: ffs, uploading is hard Editv45398453905380594: ok its up

Hi, thanks for the report. Where did you download it from? EDIT: tools package update, rolled back to older sw version

I found my version on the mydigitallife forums. https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/bios-tools.529/page-32

On the question of flashing biosses, I now have a 11/06/2017 (still locked) and this 12/05/2017  unlocked (thanks to you Giovanni!), however I am running into some issues with the SSD. Using the same SSD (kingspec NT256, 42mm), the 12/05 version does not seem to recognize the SSD all the time, and if it does recognize it, it fails to see it when rebooting very often. While it works absolutely fine in the 11/06 one. Unlocking the bios to alter the SATA settings did not help anything.

Is it possible to flash a 11/06 bios on the 12/05 one, to see if its a bios issue? I have opened up both ezbooks, hardware/mainboard looks the same, except the battery (4800mAh for the 11/06 one vs 4500mAh for the 12/05 one).

Regarding the physical bioschip itself, is it the GD25Q80C chip on the mainboard? because that one will be a bitch to reprogram as its a wson-8 (or uson-8) package. Even though it also has pads for a SOP8 package aswell.

Ernst Kuzorra
    Participant

Interesting question Henk, my v5 BIOS also keeps forgetting the “SSD” from time to time, and I also have another v6 Ezbook here, which I did not unlock yet…

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Kuzorra

Giovanni
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the report. Where did you download it from? EDIT: tools package update, rolled back to older sw version

I found my version on the mydigitallife forums. https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/bios-tools.529/page-32 On the question of flashing biosses, I now have a 11/06/2017 (still locked) and this 12/05/2017 unlocked (thanks to you Giovanni!), however I am running into some issues with the SSD. Using the same SSD (kingspec NT256, 42mm), the 12/05 version does not seem to recognize the SSD all the time, and if it does recognize it, it fails to see it when rebooting very often. While it works absolutely fine in the 11/06 one. Unlocking the bios to alter the SATA settings did not help anything. Is it possible to flash a 11/06 bios on the 12/05 one, to see if its a bios issue? I have opened up both ezbooks, hardware/mainboard looks the same, except the battery (4800mAh for the 11/06 one vs 4500mAh for the 12/05 one). Regarding the physical bioschip itself, is it the GD25Q80C chip on the mainboard? because that one will be a bitch to reprogram as its a wson-8 (or uson-8) package. Even though it also has pads for a SOP8 package aswell.

The BIOS chip is 25L864CWIG.
    Read my post for more infos https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/ezbook-3-pro-how-to-unlock-the-bios-2/page/16/#post-79404

Juha Pirinen
    Participant

So the bios chip is the 25L864CWIG :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I have been tampering the GD25Q80C two months now. 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Now I’m quite pissed… I feel so fucking stupid…

Anybody has the .rom file for the GD25Q80C so I can get my laptop up and running? Mine EZB3PRO is V4.5.

Giovanni
    Participant

So the bios chip is the 25L864CWIG :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I have been tampering the GD25Q80C two months now. ? ? ? ? ? Now I’m quite pissed… I feel so fucking stupid… Anybody has the .rom file for the GD25Q80C so I can get my laptop up and running? Mine EZB3PRO is V4.5.

The GD25Q80C is an 8Mbit chip and the rom is 8MByte. How were you even able to flash the rom to that chip? :’)

Juha Pirinen
    Participant

Long story short:

1. Flashed wrong bios from Windows.
    2. Googled and found a Jumper-document, picture which shows that GD25Q80C is the bios-chip.
    3. Took laptop to work and tried to flash backup.rom to GD25Q80C which was difficult because it was 8Mbit and not 8MByte 😀
    4. I assumed that problem was super-old prommer and it’s software. Still I was sure that the bios chip is GD25Q80C.
    5. Tried CH341A with no luck and then I found out it is the wrong chip

So still the right bios-chip has the wrong bios and GD25Q80C has some shit inside… Anybody willing to dump the GD25Q80C for me?

Giovanni
    Participant

Long story short:

1. Flashed wrong bios from Windows.
    2. Googled and found a Jumper-document, picture which shows that GD25Q80C is the bios-chip.
    3. Took laptop to work and tried to flash backup.rom to GD25Q80C which was difficult because it was 8Mbit and not 8MByte ?
    4. I assumed that problem was super-old prommer and it’s software. Still I was sure that the bios chip is GD25Q80C.
    5. Tried CH341A with no luck and then I found out it is the wrong chip

So still the right bios-chip has the wrong bios and GD25Q80C has some shit inside… Anybody willing to dump the GD25Q80C for me?

A forum user (see previous posts) will send me his EZbook to repair.
    I’ll dump it and upload here

Juha Pirinen
    Participant

Thank you very much already! There is still hope to get this alive…

Samt
    Participant

hello everyone

i hope someone can help me
    story:
    i was wanted to unlock my BIOS (ezbook 3 pro; BIOS 5.12 date: 11/06/2017)
    i test it and it was running, then i have take a mistake i flash the final Version from here (V5) and use the /N OPTION
    looks like ( AfuEfix64.exe fs3:\11_06_17_BIOS_unlocked_final.rom /P /B /N)
    it was sucessfull whithout failure
    but after reboot the screen is black and shows nothing, 🙁
    no screen, no keyboard nothing nada

the original BIOS i backed up on USB.

is there any way to fix it?
    or ist my brand new ezbook completly broken

please excuse my english
    I’m from Germany and I’m not the youngest anymore

best regards
    sam

thank you all for help

Giovanni
    Participant

hello everyone i hope someone can help me story: i was wanted to unlock my BIOS (ezbook 3 pro; BIOS 5.12 date: 11/06/2017) i test it and it was running, then i have take a mistake i flash the final Version from here (V5) and use the /N OPTION looks like ( AfuEfix64.exe fs3:\11_06_17_BIOS_unlocked_final.rom /P /B /N) it was sucessfull whithout failure but after reboot the screen is black and shows nothing, ? no screen, no keyboard nothing nada the original BIOS i backed up on USB. is there any way to fix it? or ist my brand new ezbook completly broken please excuse my english I’m from Germany and I’m not the youngest anymore best regards sam thank you all for help

You need to programm the BIOS chip with an external programmer.
    You can try to take the PC to a repair shop if you can’t do it.
    Or I can do it for you, buy you have to ship it.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 532 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar