EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

This topic contains 498 replies, has 103 voices, and was last updated by  Osman 4 days, 14 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 499 total)
  • Author

Samt
    Participant

great job from Giovanni
    he has fix the crashed BIOS of my ezbook 3 pro
    now it runs again 🙂

thanks a lot again to @giovanni

Henk
    Participant

Hi all,

I have the same version ezbook as Giovanni, but also see people have a successful flash resulting in blue led only. So far not a big problem, as I believe I can reflash the original as posted in the startpost via external flasher, but my device is also still within warranty period. Have you guys also encountered a ‘don’t tear up’ sticker over one of the screws on the bottom, and am I correct in assuming tearing the sticker up (which is a necessity when I want to unplug the battery/reflash if needed) wíll officially void my warranty?

Just out of curiosity: Giovanni, have you been able to fix DeanK’s ezbook after all?

Giuseppe
    Participant

Ho fatto il flash bios 12/05/2017 e ho sbloccato i menu. E’ normale che manca il menu MAIN con le informazione del bios?

Giuseppe
    Participant

Ho fatto il flash bios 12/05/2017 e ho sbloccato i menu. E ‘normale che manca il menu MAIN con le informazioni del bios?

@giovanni

Pascal Zinken
    Participant

Ho fatto il flash bios 12/05/2017 e ho sbloccato i menu. E ‘normale che manca il menu MAIN con le informazioni del bios? @giovanni

Englisch please

Giuseppe
    Participant

<pre id=”tw-target-text” class=”tw-data-text tw-ta tw-text-small” dir=”ltr” data-placeholder=”Traduzione” data-fulltext=””><span lang=”en”>I’m sorry … I did the flash bios 12/05/2017 and I unlocked the menus. Is it normal that the MAIN menu with bios information is missing?</span>

Pascal Zinken
    Participant

<pre id=”tw-target-text” class=”tw-data-text tw-ta tw-text-small” dir=”ltr” data-placeholder=”Traduzione” data-fulltext=””><span lang=”en”>I’m sorry … I did the flash bios 12/05/2017 and I unlocked the menus. Is it normal that the MAIN menu with bios information is missing?</span>

Yes this is normal. I flashed same bios. So all is correct

Giuseppe
    Participant

<pre id=”tw-target-text” class=”tw-data-text tw-ta tw-text-small” dir=”ltr” data-placeholder=”Traduzione” data-fulltext=””><span lang=”en”>thank you very much for the information. If you can help someone even after unlocking my ssd Wester Digital Green 240 GB is not recognized in the bios. Today I’ll try the samsung 850 evo 500 gb, hopefully good …</span>

Gjuju
    Participant

@giuseppe

I hope you will be luckier than me with ssd.

I tried two and none is working, WD Green 240gb or crucial Mx500 250gb. I don’t plan to buy another one before I sell one of them.

I tried to disable sata port 1 in bios, but it remains active and boot from emmc, the only way  for me to inactive the emmc is disabling emmc support (south cluster > scc things), but it change nothing.

I guess it’s an underpowering problem.

Evo 500 seems lower consumption.

Let us know if your evo 500 is working or not.

Giuseppe
    Participant

@Gjuju

So, I tried the Samsung 850 evo 550 gb, ssd is recognized by both the bios and windows but I can not initialize the disk, it gives me error. I can not even install windows from usb on ssd because it gives me error. I think it’s a PC problem. I do not think I try again, if anyone knows how I would really appreciate it

Chupa
    Participant

As I told a few times here so far: IT IN NOT A PROBLEM OF THE SDD

often it is in the in the missing knowledge of the user. Try to understand -windows 10 screws with you any way it can.
    my last info i found out yesterday is that even the normal windows wipe partitions and start clean does not work 100% and can leave a little undetectable part what prevents the ssd from getting prepped properly so it actually can work.

the ONLY secure way is via diskpart

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/52129-disk-clean-clean-all-diskpart-command.html

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-format-storage-drive-using-diskpart-windows-10

This is not a Jumper and SSD problem, so you can check all  the other sections from the other makes here but you will get the most success just googeling –  but leave ot the name of the computer, because mostly they all use similar parts.

I know what I am talking about since I messed up a HP Stream and (3 days work to get it back working) and a T-BAO (5 days work since 2 drivers were non discoverable. I finally tracked down the drivers from a different very unknown brand.

Remember YOU ARE NOT IN HAPPY WINDOWS 7 LAND ANYMORE!
    Things are way more evil and you as the owner who payed for the hardware AND win10  have very limited control over your equipment.
    And the more advanced win10 gets the more restricted “for your safety” it gets.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Chupa
    Participant

here is the short form from my emergency book:

Format unrecognized HDD
    Open an Administrative CMD Prompt
    dos prompt in recovery
    DiskPart <ENTER>
    list disk <ENTER>
    select disk X (Where X is the Number of the hard drive)<ENTER>
    clean all <ENTER> (Will Take a While)
    create partition primary align=1024 <ENTER>
    format fs=ntfs quick<ENTER> (Will Take a While)
    assign <ENTER>
    active <ENTER>
    exit <ENTER>
    exit <ENTER>
    Reboot the machine.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Gjuju
    Participant

@chupa

I tried your method with disk part, added the “convert gpt” command before “create partition primary…”

I doesn’t get any ssd working better.

2 possibilities I guess :

1 – bios ahci / satacontroller or another else module is a junk.

Mmtool extracts seem to be the same in 12/05/17 and 02/01/18, I just extracted them and compare with hexedit, I’m not skilled an i can’t tell if it’s good or not.

2 – that’s an hardware not compliment with driver problem

I would like to see a dump from another working N3450 with ssd working machine to compare modules.

Thanks for your help though.

Chupa
    Participant

well I never did a bios dump, if you tell me what to use and how to use it I can give you a n3450 rom what works well with 254 and 512 GB  from my 3S I also have a thomson with a emmc and ssd working

Need Help?

Gjuju
    Participant

you can use AFUWINx64.EXE in the tools.rar archive from the 1st post.

in admin command prompt, cd to the AFUWINx64.EXE directory and type :

AFUWINx64.EXE dump.rom /O

“dump.rom” is the name you choose for file dump.

you can ferify your dump with :

AFUWINx64.EXE dump.rom /D

I remember to red your thompson is N3350 instead of N3450.

best regards

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 499 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password