EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 504 total)
  • Author
    Chupa
    Participant

well there is an unlocked jumper 3s, a thomson with a very locked bios and also a tbao but with a x5 atom

so where to dump the dump if anybody is interested?

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Gjuju
    Participant

Your 3s dump seem interesting, at least there is the same cpu and probably share some compatible bios modules.
    Perhaps a cloud sharing like Dropbox, Google drive or anything else.

Chupa
    Participant

well it looks to me I can set 3 temps for every processor and so much more, I have no idea what all this stuff does. If anybody has a manual what does what it would be helpful.

let´s see if I can zip it up here

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Chupa
    Participant

ok zip seems to work, I downloaded it and compared with the uncompressed original. With all the options I think they put a kind of universal rom in what covers a lot of computers because I have things there to enable that belong in big computers. The zip is harmless and without password the original file is 8.192k
    You can see a few bios shots in my diary here.

Need Help?

Giovanni
    Participant

well it looks to me I can set 3 temps for every processor and so much more, I have no idea what all this stuff does. If anybody has a manual what does what it would be helpful. let´s see if I can zip it up here

ACPI module is a bit different from the latest 3Pro BIOS, but it’s too risky to replace the 3Pro one with the 3S one without having a way to flash back the original BIOS (external programmer). But if someone wants to try…

EZbook 3 Pro BIOS modder - find my work here
    If you want to tag me, my username is thegiolly

Gjuju
    Participant

@Giovanni you shoud say “AHCI module” instead of ACPI, unless ACPI could be faulty too ?

it’s probably an endless problem…

i’m waiting for the 1.8V converter. probably i’ll give a try because honestly, Ezbook 3 pro without a true SSD possibility is really a nasty trick from jumper.

the last thing i suspect for is an hardware problem, the ssd board is attached to Mobo by only 8 wires ( 2 x 5V + 2 x GND + 1 x A+/- pair  + 1 x B+/- pair).

you can find on the board a little DC converter to step down 5V to 3.3V required by M2 Sata, perhaps it’s not able to provide enough juice.

i’m searching for some informations about sata wiring standards but i couldn’t find anything interesting for now.

perhaps it’s missing some command signal to start or read something properly at sata boot time.

I’ll investigate…

Giovanni
    Participant

@giovanni you shoud say “AHCI module” instead of ACPI, unless ACPI could be faulty too ? it’s probably an endless problem… i’m waiting for the 1.8V converter. probably i’ll give a try because honestly, Ezbook 3 pro without a true SSD possibility is really a nasty trick from jumper. the last thing i suspect for is an hardware problem, the ssd board is attached to Mobo by only 8 wires ( 2 x 5V + 2 x GND + 1 x A+/- pair + 1 x B+/- pair). you can find on the board a little DC converter to step down 5V to 3.3V required by M2 Sata, perhaps it’s not able to provide enough juice. i’m searching for some informations about sata wiring standards but i couldn’t find anything interesting for now. perhaps it’s missing some command signal to start or read something properly at sata boot time. I’ll investigate…

Yep, you are right about AHCI/ACPI.
    You could try using an oscilloscope after the step down converter to see if the power rail is clean and stable.

Gjuju
    Participant

As soon as I get some time I’ll clean dust on my old hame scope.

Chupa
    Participant

as far as I recall m.2 uses 0.8W in idle and up to 3W in action.

You should be able to  check that with some 1 watt led´s and an ampere meter in between.

Need Help?

Nic
    Participant

Hey,

i just flashed the BIOS of my Jumper and something went wrong. I only get the blue LED when i want to start the device.Im not sure, but maybe i took the wrong file. I read about a bios flasher. But i think it’s not a good idea for me to use something like this. So is somebody here who could help me and support me? Actually im very mad about myself for bricking my brandnew device…

@thegiolly would it be possible that you support me? It seems that you have much knowhow 😉

Thank you guys.
    <h2 class=”user-nicename”></h2>

Giovanni
    Participant

Hey, i just flashed the BIOS of my Jumper and something went wrong. I only get the blue LED when i want to start the device.Im not sure, but maybe i took the wrong file. I read about a bios flasher. But i think it’s not a good idea for me to use something like this. So is somebody here who could help me and support me? Actually im very mad about myself for bricking my brandnew device… @thegiolly would it be possible that you support me? It seems that you have much knowhow ? Thank you guys. <h2 class=”user-nicename”></h2>

Yes, are you able to solder on some smd components?

Nic
    Participant

Hmm not sure. Never done this before and also i have no equipment….

Giovanni
    Participant

Take it to a PC hardware repair shop then.
    Or you can send it to me and I’ll flash with the programmer for 30€.

Nic
    Participant

Please send me a private message. Im blocked for sending messages in the first 24h….

Pire99
    Participant

Hey, i just flashed the BIOS of my Jumper and something went wrong. I only get the blue LED when i want to start the device.

Hello guys, exactly the same for me, and I am sure that I’ve picked the right file and also the flashing process from efi shell went smooth without errors, pls @thegiolly asap text me.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 504 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password