Good news: found a way to increase TDP limit on ezbook 3 pro (N3450 Apollo Lake & N4100 Gemini Lake)

Good news: found a way to increase TDP limit on ezbook 3 pro (N3450 Apollo Lake & N4100 Gemini Lake)

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Good news: found a way to increase TDP limit on ezbook 3 pro (N3450 Apollo Lake & N4100 Gemini Lake)

This topic contains 157 replies, has 61 voices, and was last updated by  CeScO85 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 151 through 158 (of 158 total)
  • Author

Roko
    Participant

Guys i need help. I have acer aspire 3 with n4200. This doesnt work for me. I tried multiple times withouth succses. Please can someone respond.

wef vef
    Participant

Hi guys!

I have Teclast F5(N4100 – UHD600). I modded my heatsink, and replaced the termal paste. My bios is unlocked, C state is disabled, all thermal sensor, and power limit disabled. I tryed WRMSR 0x610 0x0 0x00000000. 

My cpu run always in turbo mode. When i run games, the cpu is throttling, and the TDP stuck on 6w. Sometimes the tdp run on 11w, and after 5-10 sec, throttling. The temp is low (60-70C°). When i run prime95, the cpu is not throttling, only when i run games.

Why throttling the CPU when playing games?

Thanks.

Tom
    Participant

Doesn’t work on Acer swift 1 with a N4200. Entered different hex combinations and the info does update in HWINFO64 to reflect the removed power limitations, however, when monitoring the actual power consumption, it will not go above 6w. I guess Acer has found a way to lock it down. Cinebench scores do not change. Bios manufacturer is Insyde and not AMI.

Working perfectly fine on my Swift 1 N4200. https://youtu.be/BbWN-iOR0yw

Could you try an older bios?

Fero
    Participant

Hi, this looks awesome. But is it possible to do it from Linux (Ubuntu) ?

Have n3450.

George
    Participant

Hi, this looks awesome. But is it possible to do it from Linux (Ubuntu) ? Have n3450.

I’m wondering the same. I have a TV box with the N4200 and have installed Debian.

Hoping there is a way in Linux as well?

George
    Participant

Which options may I ask? Did you notice higher battery consumption and heat?

The option is in the BIOS, you basically disable the power limit and it’ll use as much as it can, as needed. I’ve been playing with different power options to check which gives the best battery life, and which gives the best performance. The thing is, when it can burst up to high watts for a short time, it will finish the task much faster and might actually use less power. Of course, if you’re gaming, then your not doing a quick burst of power but are just using sustained power draw. So I’d say it really depends, but I hope to make a full write up in another week or so.

John, could you kindly point me to where I can download the BIOS update that will let me unlock the power limitations of my Voyo Vmac N4200? Is there a guide anywhere?

Thank you!

Fero
    Participant

So my bios had unlocked features and one of them was remove power limit. Now it goes to 15W… I think this is maximum what that power board can deliver.

CeScO85
    Participant

hey guys, everytime i restart the laptop the TDP limits goes back to default, is there any ways to have them locked on the limits you just choose, for example 10W ? thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 151 through 158 (of 158 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password