How to install – Antergos Linux on the EZbook 3 Pro v4

How to install – Antergos Linux on the EZbook 3 Pro v4

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series How to install – Antergos Linux on the EZbook 3 Pro v4

This topic contains 71 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Brad 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author

Hoang Anh Phu
    Participant

My bios is 09/30/2017.
    I certainly did exactly as per your instructions. And I also tried boot rEFInd from USB boot drive using Etcher. But the result is still Jumper logo.
    I do not install Linux. I installed Phoenix OS, a Android-x86. I installed in another drive.
    But even if I did not install it, Refind would not work.
    @brad, Do you have another idea? Can you Teamviewer to help me, please? Thank you !

Brad
    Participant

My bios is 09/30/2017. I certainly did exactly as per your instructions. And I also tried boot rEFInd from USB boot drive using Etcher. But the result is still Jumper logo. I do not install Linux. I installed Phoenix OS, a Android-x86. I installed in another drive. But even if I did not install it, Refind would not work. @brad, Do you have another idea? Can you Teamviewer to help me, please? Thank you !

What version of rEFInd are you using?  If you do as I did here using Manjaro (hit F7-key when you see the Jumper logobut with your Phoenix/Android-x86, can you enter the rEFInd boot menu?  If so, what do you see?  Be aware sometimes a USB drive will not boot rEFInd or when you burned it, it got corrupted. I once this problem and when I re-burned the USB it worked. So also try another different USB pen drive too.

Brad
    Participant

Another thing you can try. Try installing the latest Ubuntu or Xubuntu 18.04 (or later) which according to this post and this post (Xubuntu) works and does not need rEFInd.  If this works then you know there is nothing wrong with your system or BIOS. Then you can try to replace the Ubuntu with Phoenix/Android-x86.

https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/how-to-install-ubuntu-17-10-on-jumper-ezbook-3-pro-v4/#post-140738

Brad
    Participant

Oh, sorry. I didn’t realize those OS you are trying to use are based on Android.  They seem to work much different and so it’s not surprising my install instructions for Antergos or Manjaro do not work.  You need to research how to do it with Phoenix/Android-x86. A quick google search I did came up with this. Also, open a new discussion thread for this since this is not related to Antergos.  Or even better, go seek help on the Phoenix and Android-x86 forums.

http://bbs.phoenixstudio.org/en/showthread.php?tid=2410&page=2
    …”My hassles in getting it to work (on the Vaio Duo) were mostly related to the fact that the new Intel based devices are now primarily based on the UEFI boot process, instead of BCD.  The PhoenixOS files install to the hard drive, but I was not alle to boot to it because the Pheonix OS installer didn’t create EFI (UEFI) boot files that the BIOS would recognize (boot to).

NOTE:  Many of the new UEFI BIOSs seem to have a limitation that they will ONLY boot to the EI boot files in the “EFI\boot” folder on the UEFI partition (which is where the Windows boot procss is initiated).

I was able to resolve these issues by making use of “rEFInd” boot menu software (which can be found on SourceForge).  Using the documentation outlined on the “rEFInd” install page, I renamed the existing “EFI\boot” folder (to “EFI\origional-boot”).  I then created a new “EFI\boot” folder,  and copied all of the rEFInd files there.  I then renamed the  rEFInd boot files (the ones with the “.efi” extension) to “bootia32.efi” and “bootx64.efi.  These are the default file names that the BIOS will look for.  You will also need to rename/edit the sample rEFInd configuration file to meet your needs.  At that point, the system will boot into the rEFInd menu.  That menu will detect the Windows boot files by default.  I just needed to add the required configuration entries to make it boot to PhoenixOS as well.”

Chupa
    Participant

the sony has a much older Intel Core i5-4200U Processor
    again the n3450 dos not work with Android based OS

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Rogério Fernandes Figueiredo
    Participant

I like to use antergos with kde in this machine? I buy to use linux i had tried antergos kde in my xiaomi laptop and love it!

Brad
    Participant

I like to use antergos with kde in this machine? I buy to use linux i had tried antergos kde in my xiaomi laptop and love it!

yes, it should work.  But of course it will be slower than your Xiaomi laptop.

Brad
    Participant

New 4.20 kernel has patches which fixed the TP problem for Teclast F6 Pro and F7

Luca
    Participant

Just FYI, I’ve installed Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon edition on my EzBook 3 Pro, yesterday and everything looks in order and working. No need to tinkle with any strange setup, just burn the iso on the USB pen and install.

Brad
    Participant

Just FYI, I’ve installed Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon edition on my EzBook 3 Pro, yesterday and everything looks in order and working. No need to tinkle with any strange setup, just burn the iso on the USB pen and install.

Great. When and where did you buy it, and what is the firmware/BIOS version?
    Btw, Cinnamon is a really nice desktop but Xfce or Mate should run a little faster – important on the Celeron N3450

Luca
    Participant

Great. When and where did you buy it, and what is the firmware/BIOS version? Btw, Cinnamon is a really nice desktop but Xfce or Mate should run a little faster – important on the Celeron N3450

I’ve bought it on Gearbest at the end of August 2018. Not sure about the Bios version (I will check tomorrow) but it’s a locked one.

The latest Cinnamon runs very fast on the N3450 actually. Of course not as fast as Xfce but it is as smooth as it should be. Since I really love it, I don’t feel the need for a faster desktop as of now. Try it and see for yourself!!

EDIT: I have BIOS 02.01.18 on my ezBook. Hope this helps.

Brad
    Participant

LinuxMint Mate is a happy medium.  Lighter/faster than Cinnamon but looks a bit nicer than Xfce.  I prefer Mate desktop for LinuxMint and XFCE for Manjaro.

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password