Accessories for cube i7 book (powerbanks, chargers, hdmi etc)

Accessories for cube i7 book (powerbanks, chargers, hdmi etc)

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book Accessories for cube i7 book (powerbanks, chargers, hdmi etc)

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 234 total)
  • Author
    Papa Yoyo
    Participant

@Popo Yaya: thanks for the link to the hub, looks really interesting compared to the much more expensive aukey one, considering it also has charging through power delivery type C. How is that cable length working for you? It looks really short on the customer pictures. Does it dangle if you use the tablet docked to the keyboard?

The cable, like all of these hubs, is pretty short and it does dangle from the tablet. The connection is pretty solid, but I wouldn’t want to put pressure on it for any length of time. May have to find a USB-C extension cable.

Franzli
    Participant

Anyone try this powerbank PD Type C Portable Charger RAVPower 26800mAh Battery Pack?

I can confirm that this is working now (only tried with Linux so far, but I’d be surprised if it didn’t charge on Win). So we finally have a working Type C PD power bank. It’s relatively large and heavy though, I’d have preferred a slightly smaller 10000 or 15000 mAh version, but there you go.

Wylver
    Participant

That is some great news!

Do you already know how long it takes to fully charge?

Papa Yoyo
    Participant

That is some great news! Do you already know how long it takes to fully charge?

This is the same ravpower powerbank you were adamant wouldn’t work??? 😉

Wylver
    Participant

Yeah, the same exact one. 😛

Even though I won’t buy such a power bank anytime soon because I think they are way to expensive, I still am gracious that there has been one more power bank confirmed to work.

Franzli
    Participant

How long it takes for the power bank to charge the tablet, I assume? Or for the power bank itself to charge?

Actually I don’t know either yet, but will advise once I’ve had a chance to work with them a bit and have an eye on the performance.

Papa Yoyo
    Participant

How long it takes for the power bank to charge the tablet, I assume? Or for the power bank itself to charge? Actually I don’t know either yet, but will advise once I’ve had a chance to work with them a bit and have an eye on the performance.

Can you also test how many full charges you get from it? Reviews suggest it charges ipads twice so we should get something similar.

Windave
    Participant

Andrew W – the size of the DC plug required for the i7 Book is 1.3mm x 3.45mm, available from Maplin if you happen to be in the UK!

Katagiri
    Participant

AliExpress is selling the DC adapter with all kinds of plugs. I bought an EU plug adapter from Ebay since I had some Paypal credit.

Jay
    Participant

OK, so for some reason I can’t include links in my posts (it automatically removes the entire post).

So, basically, I bought the iVoler 75W but it’s not chanrging my i7 Book through the USB-C port.

I think it might be due to the cable I got – a 2m/6ft Aukey one – so was wondering if anyone could point me to a cable that is confirmed to work (preferably available in Europe / Spain / Amazon.es).

The 3 I’ve found are from Club3D, ICASEIT & MutecPower (all 3 specifically state that they support PD), but only the ICASEIT is 2m or more (which is what I’m looking for). Can anyone confirm any of these (or another one)?

Thanks!

Wylver
    Participant

Links in BB-form don’t work, I have also noticed that.

I’m using this one which seems to be discontinued: https://www.amazon.de/Anker-PowerLine-Ladefunktion-inklusive-ChromeBook/dp/B01EMIIFCU/ref=sr_1_9?m=A3VIZVBY06QYHB&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1477950857&sr=1-9&keywords=usb+c

Works like a charm for me, but isn’t as long as you want it.

Perhaps look at the other Cables from Anker, they seem to have good quality products.

Dal
    Participant

Hey, guys. I read the whole thread and I see I would need USB PD to charge using the type-c port. If I use USB hub with power delivery, what charger should I use to power the hub? Do I need charger with USB PD too or any charger (with sufficient power ofc) is fine as long as the hub itself is USB PD?

mrobi
    Participant

Hey, guys. I read the whole thread and I see I would need USB PD to charge using the type-c port. If I use USB hub with power delivery, what charger should I use to power the hub? Do I need charger with USB PD too or any charger (with sufficient power ofc) is fine as long as the hub itself is USB PD?

I would assume so, because USB-PD changes voltage to 9/15/20V and I don’t think any usb-c hub does 5v->20V conversion.  20V 2A would require something like 5V 8A + loss anyways so its not possible.

Bought Clas Ohlson Exibel 45W USB-C USB-PD charger. 44,90eur (inc. tax 24%), this and Apple one were only ones available locally. Seems to charge Cube with same rate as regular DC charger.

Dal
    Participant

@mrobi thanks for the info. It’s so hard to find a charger with USB PD here (Indonesia), but I do see some selling a hub with USB PD. I thought I could use it with Lenovo USB charger 12v 2A, but I seems that I can’t… so I guess I have to import it then…

Sebastian
    Participant

Hi all, I tried to use a USB Type-C Multi Function HUB+ Charging from MWAY (https://www.amazon.com/M-Way-Multifunction-6-Ports-Reader-Macbook/dp/B01HNIX5FS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482338055&sr=8-1&keywords=m.way+usb+3.1+type+c) and the HDMI is not working. I could not get the screen recognized. Normal USB to connect a keyboard was working.

Am I doing something wrong or is it not supported?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 234 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar