Fitting an M.2 2280 SSD in EZbook 3 Pro

Fitting an M.2 2280 SSD in EZbook 3 Pro

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Fitting an M.2 2280 SSD in EZbook 3 Pro

This topic contains 164 replies, has 56 voices, and was last updated by  Chupa 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 165 total)
  • Author

Chupa
    Participant

where is it hot? the place of you new ssd or the place of the motherboard?

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

rajko
    Participant

It is heated more in the area of the board near the chargers, while in the part where the SSD is cold.

Chupa
    Participant

check with the taskmanger who is gobbling all the power and with throttlestopp how fast and hot you are running

TS SDP is the idle state

jumper prime 3 is full power for a long time

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

rajko
    Participant

I just made a test of stability, I think this would be OK.

Attachments:

Giuseppe
    Participant

@gabriel

Can you tell me which bios version is your Jumper? Thank you

rajko
    Participant

My BIOS is

Attachments:

Chupa
    Participant

looks OK to me

Need Help?

Michael
    Participant

Hi there,

I just received my wd green 240 GB SSD and tried to clone the emmc based on the original YouTube video.

It completed successful (took more than 5 hours!!!) but afterwards the explorer crashed.

Task manager showed 100% utilization of the SSD and after 20min I restarted the computer.

Now there is no ssd available anymore in macronium and I can see the wd green ssd in my task manager but it is not accessible.

Any idea how I can fix this?

I can not see the drive in my bios, it is not shown in Windows and I have no idea how to fix this.

I need your help.

Best regards,

Michael

rajko
    Participant

Hello guys! I think that most do not follow carefully the instructions, so they often get a mistake. It’s often that the BIOS does not recognize the SSD, but you can always see the SSD when you boot up the eMMC system and then go to Disk Manager, and format the SSD here before anything is done. After that, copy to SSD, when you finish turn off the comp. Run and go only then in the BIOS, in the BOOT option you will see two windows installer, the first for eMMC and the other for SSD, the first option to turn off, save and reset the system, and that would be it. Or follow the link below: https://techtablets.com/members/dina/

Attachments:

Michael
    Participant

Hi Rajko,

I followed the YouTube video. It was not mentioned that I need to format the SSD first.

Currently I can not see the SSD in my bios.

I even can not find the SSD with macronium at all, only in the disc manager.

But with disc manager I can not format the SSD. Any idea how I can proceed?

In my task manager I can see the SSD as device 0.

Best regards,

rajko
    Participant

You’re wrong again. You do not have to look for SSD in the task manager but in the disk manager. And here you can format your SSD. I think I have clearly described in the post.

Attachments:

Michael
    Participant

Hi Rajko,

I understood what you told me but it does not work.

I attached some pictures regarding my setup and diskmanager.

I am not able to do anything based on right click for the WD Green.

I can only click on help, rest is greyed out and can not be used.

Any further idea?

Attachments:

rajko
    Participant

If what you’ve done is quite OK, now with the help of the cloning program, access the cloning, and after the cloning has ended, follow my instructions from the previous post.

rajko
    Participant

I’m a bit doubtful about the size of the disc in the image, it’s 2048.00 GB, check the formatting.

Michael
    Participant

Hi Rajko,

disk size seems very strange indeed.

Something is very weird.

I am not able to initialize the drive with the disk manager. Furthermore the SSD does not show up in the macronium reflect anymore.

I downloaded easus partion master. There I can see the SSD. Even the size is shown correct with 223GB.

With disk manager I can check properties of the SSD. It seems that the drive can not be migrated.

Looks like this is a driver issue but I have no idea how to solve it.

Could this be possible and if yes is there any chance to receive the right drivers for the ssd?

best regards,

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 165 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password