Finally a dual OS 8 inch Cherry Trail tablet. Cube released these files a week or so ago, I’ve got around to testing it out myself and it seems to work just fine. So we now finally have an 8″ cherry Trail dual OS tablet like the older Bay Trails. The Android version is 5.1 And Windows 10 Home.
The download file is here:Cube Iwork8 Ultimate Dual Boot Files (8.6 GiB)
I’ve translated the Chinese how to. And it’s not hard. This is what I did. Firstly you will need two USB pen drives and a USB hub, keyboard and mouse. And follow the below step by step. iwork8 Ultimate (Atom X5 Z8300) model only.
- Download the dual OS files required above
- Charge your tablet so that battery is full or at least 80%
- It might be a good idea to record your current Windows 10 key.
- Extract the archive you downloaded, you’ll have 3 folders. BIOS, WIN10 and 安卓 (Android Rom)
- Extract the BIOS folder to your C/: drive root. Inside the drive run (As admin) the flash.bat (Dual OS bios will flash) DON’T POWER OFF THE TABLET, let it finish or brick it!
- Create a GPT bootable Fat32 drive and move the files inside of 安卓 to the root of the USB pen drive.
- Enter the bios on boot (hit escape) go to Save and exit menu. Find your flash drive and boot it.
- In the EFI shell you will see a countdown, let it run startup.nsh. The Android ROM will flash.
- Once done it will reboot and you’ll see and Android dual boot logo.
- Power off the tablet (Hold power button 10 seconds at the dual OS menu)
- Format a USB pen drive NTFS GPT bootable name it WINPE
- Move all the folders and files from inside WIN10 folder to this WINPE USB drive.
- Place the NTFS WIN10 WINPE USB drive in your USB hub.
- Power on the iwork10. Enter the bios again, in the Advance menu of the bios. Enter System Component. Find OS IMAGE ID and change it from Android to Windows 10. Press F4 and save and exit.
- Now at the dual boot menu select the Windows icon. Let WINPE run and install the Windows 10 Image.
- Windows 10 will reboot 2-3 times before it works. You’ll see Chinese, and a box called OOBE. Click the first box on the left! And it will reset and run the setup, there you can select English. (See below image)
Notes: Android took 3 reboots before I saw the home screen, don’t freak. Google Play is installed. Rom is Android 5.1 very stock looking. DPI set is good and the screen looks sharp enough.
Warning: Windows 10 license could be lost? Not sure. It might not work for you, but the above worked for me! My Windows 10 Home however isn’t activated 🙁
- Use a tool like Rufus to create a GPT Formated USB pen drive.
- You might be able to do it without a hub or keyboard. Hold Vol+ on boot enters the touch enabled bios.
- If installing Windows gives you an APCI Bios BSOD crash, you haven’t set the bios setings to Windows 10 in step 13!
The end result:
Have fun and any issues please comment below. Please don’t PM me for help, I get over 20+ support emails/pms a day and I’m not the official support for Cube or any brand here.
Android Benchmarks and screens: