Bad EZBook pro batteries – How to replace step by step

Bad EZBook pro batteries – How to replace step by step

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Bad EZBook pro batteries – How to replace step by step

This topic contains 217 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  tomek 6 hours, 49 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 218 total)
  • Author

airbites
    Participant

The 3.85V link will be faster.

Luca
    Participant

It looks like those batteries on AliExpress that used to be marked with Japan cells are now only available with Chinese cells… Should we still trust these?

I have just received my Ezbook 3 Pro (I don’t know how to check what version it is) which I had ordered before reading about this problem.

It’s not a huge deal for me, as I seldom use the laptop on batteries, but still it bothers me as I am not good with soldering… 🙁

Walter
    Participant

It looks like those batteries on AliExpress that used to be marked with Japan cells are now only available with Chinese cells… Should we still trust these? I have just received my Ezbook 3 Pro (I don’t know how to check what version it is) which I had ordered before reading about this problem. It’s not a huge deal for me, as I seldom use the laptop on batteries, but still it bothers me as I am not good with soldering… 🙁

Dude I don’t solder either and I replaced mine with no problems.

Luca
    Participant

Dude I don’t solder either and I replaced mine with no problems.

You don’t understand, mate: I have tried soldering in the past and everytime it came out an ugly job. I wouldn’t trust my soldering in my laptop, honestly.

Anyway, I can’t seem to find compatible batteries with Japanese cells. Does anyone have a source for those? Thanks

YoLo
    Participant

Some questions about these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/L552-3-7V-6000mAH-4212078-PLIB-Polymer-lithium-ion-Li-ion-battery-LG-cell-for/32531318879.html?shortkey=b6JBfMny&addresstype=600

1) Do they work with the default charger? or do we need to buy a new charger?

2) Did you guys get registered posting with them? they seem to only have 1 option for shipping =(

If the shipping options work out for my country, I’m looking forward to getting 2 of these like you guys and get 14000mah on this puppy.

Luca
    Participant

The problem about those batteries is that they are made with Chinese cells, so their reliability is more or less the same as the batteries inside our Ezbooks.

I’ve spent the entire day looking for a source of batteries made with Japanese cells, but I couldn’t find any. It looks like this “size” of batteries is not easy to find. 🙁

Tolga Vural
    Participant

So i have done several charge/discharge final situation is

100 % screen run time is around 6 hours.
    with 25 % screen it reaches 8 hours.
    And it is fully charged ‘n 2.5 hours
    I’m very happy with the final situation.

Luca
    Participant

Could I use these instead of soldering?

20pcs/50pcs/100pcs Seal Heat Shrink Butt Wire Connectors Terminals Solder Sleeve Waterproof
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/c58I90k1

What do you guys think?

steve
    Participant

Today I’ve decided to take out the battery of my 3 pro and to no surprise one of the batteries is completely flat (see photo). The notebook’s working without the battery. Advise for a compatible battery would be appreciated. Thanks

I bought 2 of these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/L552-3-7V-6000mAH-4212078-PLIB-Polymer-lithium-ion-Li-ion-battery-LG-cell-for/32531318879.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.72184c4dxm2CGP Size is right and capacity is better than oem

I think you might be the first person here to sucessfully do this. I think you need to make a detailed write-up about how you did it, what tools you used, the process etc. Please.

Maybe you’re right! So: First of all you have to disconnect the original battery and dismantle it: I cutted the wires from the battery on the right (red circles in photo) and cutted the connector on the left battery (green circles) that keep it connected to the circuit! So that you now have the circuit and the plastic case without batteries. I bought 2x of this batteries https://www.aliexpress.com/item/L552-3-7V-6000mAH-4212078-PLIB-Polymer-lithium-ion-Li-ion-battery-LG-cell-for/32531318879.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.72184c4dxm2CGP from Aliexpress. They are perfect cause they perfectly fit the original plastic case, they are bigger in mAh and have Japan cells (best one). They in practice last longer than stock battery and they should be better overall quality. Stock batteries were duboius quality. Now that you have batteries from Aliexpress you should connect wires from new battery with ones you have cutted (red circles ones) I used electrical tape so first battery is ok. Now you have to connect second battery. What I did is solder wires from battery to connector on the circuit board (green circles) . Now your battery is ready! Final result is in third photo ( white circles indicates were I connected wires)

so the link you put goes to different batteries not japanese ones. im trying to find good ones from peoples post but i cant

tomek
    Participant

Hi could u pls paste the link with the place you purchased the battery?

euplio
    Participant

Luca
    Participant

What about this? It has Korean cells  but I am not sure if the size would fit.

[F062] 3.85V,3.8V,3.7V 6000mAh [3688116] Polymer lithium ion / Li-ion battery for tablet pc,cell phone,POWER BANK;mobile
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bHH5dWPP

euplio
    Participant

What about this? It has Korean cells but I am not sure if the size would fit. [F062] 3.85V,3.8V,3.7V 6000mAh [3688116] Polymer lithium ion / Li-ion battery for tablet pc,cell phone,POWER BANK;mobile https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bHH5dWPP

No,it will not. The just alternative to the previous one I linked is this: [L547] 3.7V,6000mAH,[4810677] PLIB;Polymer lithium ion / Li-ion battery for tablet pc,cell phone,POWER BANK
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bmN4GtZf

Luca
    Participant

There is no indication about where the cells are made, though.

Also they are 4,8mm thick. Will they leave enough room for the batteries to “breathe”? 🙂

euplio
    Participant

There is no indication about where the cells are made, though. Also they are 4,8mm thick. Will they leave enough room for the batteries to “breathe”?

Yes, no problem about that. You choose between batteries I posted before.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 218 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password