Bad EZBook pro batteries – How to replace step by step

Bad EZBook pro batteries – How to replace step by step

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Bad EZBook pro batteries – How to replace step by step

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 271 total)
  • Author
    euplio
    Participant

So you need a soldering iron to do this job??

Yes

Chupa
    Participant

what  capacity the battery bar shows when full charged?

@euplio

step by step
    ….
    7) Install new batteries in the frame and fix it with adhesive tape.
    8) Solder the contact wires of new batteries to the controller and isolate the connections.
    9) Install the battery in the laptop. Close the lid and put on charging.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

euplio
    Participant

what capacity the battery bar shows when full charged? @euplio step by step …. 7) Install new batteries in the frame and fix it with adhesive tape. 8) Solder the contact wires of new batteries to the controller and isolate the connections. 9) Install the battery in the laptop. Close the lid and put on charging.

Battery bar shows stock capacity cause the battery motherboard is programmed to say that battery capacity is 48000 mWh!

Rac4
    Participant

Does charging goes up to 100%?

Chupa
    Participant

so you can run it for a while in full brightness and play youtube hd full screen and still have the same capacity left?

even you see around 10 watt/h are drained

amazing

might need recalibration

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Cardoso
    Participant
    Andrej
    Participant

Very glad I saw this post. Already ordered the batteries described (and I don’t even have the Ezbook 3 Pro with me yet! Better safe than sorry, right?)
    I just wanted a macbook air like computer with windows, on the cheap. This Jumper seemed like the best bet, since everybody on YouTube was talking so keenly about it, but I guess you can’t be perfect.

@euplio

How many hours of use are you getting with the new batteries? Do they charge up to 100%?

@Chupa

Big fan here! Thanks for all the help on other posts, I never participated really but have looked them all up, especially the SSD ones. Decided that I’m not going to flash Windows 10 to m.2 ssd, I guess it’s better to wait a little longer for the system to boot from the emmc than to have all the trouble with bios and s**t. Can always install programs to the SSD anyway, and use them from there 🙂

Thanks a lot, guys.

Greedo77
    Participant

Going to get these ordered myself shortly. Seems relatively easy to install with a small amount of soldering. And will be worth it to have a fully portable EZ book again.

@euplio
    thanks for your info and guide, did you order 2 pieces from that link? They say they are 2 pieces in the link but I assume they are 3300mah x2 so one 6600mah unit. Did you have to wire the batteries up together or just each pair of batteries to the pair of wires from the circuit board?
    <p style=”text-align: left;”></p>

euplio
    Participant

Going to get these ordered myself shortly. Seems relatively easy to install with a small amount of soldering. And will be worth it to have a fully portable EZ book again. @euplio thanks for your info and guide, did you order 2 pieces from that link? They say they are 2 pieces in the link but I assume they are 3300mah x2 so one 6600mah unit. Did you have to wire the batteries up together or just each pair of batteries to the pair of wires from the circuit board? <p style=”text-align: left;”></p>

Right! You have ti order 2x from the link

Walter
    Participant

This is my first post here and I signed up to the forum just because of this thread.

Initially I thought it was a Windows 10 update that was making Windows read my battery wrong and shut off without notice.  The battery has since degraded to the point that the Jumper won’t work at all without being plugged in and the battery is swollen pretty badly.  I bought a new battery from AliExpress that just came this week and I plan to go at it tomorrow.  I have no experience whatsoever with this stuff so this thread is a life saver.  I’ll post an update with the battery link after I get it installed and make sure it works correctly.

Alfonso
    Participant

Why did you got 2 new batteries?

Do you need them both to make a new functional one for the ezbook or just one battery is enough?

Greedo77
    Participant

That’s what’s in there out of the box, two 4800mah cells. That’s generally the way they’re put together, rather than one big battery. The ones in the aliexpress link are 2x3300mah (come as one 6600mah unit, you buy two so you end up with 2x 6600mah cells that you connect together, then hook up to the laptop.

Chupa
    Participant

it does make sense if there is a bad battery contingent what hit the Jumper to change both, because the other will go soon after

I am waiting for some real world results here folks, some of you should have a new set installed since way over a months.

Need Help?

Walter
    Participant

Well, I took mine apart yesterday but then realized I only ordered one battery not two.  I didn’t want to replace only one so I ordered another one and am waiting for it to arrive before I install…

Carlos
    Participant

One more here with bad battery,mine just shut down , sometimes 30% ,sometimes more percentage,I just order 2 new battery’s from the link, just seems new  jumpers have defective battery,hope this ones can hold charge better : (

Mine just like 1 month old, with this new battery’s how the charge works?the battery detects the mAh and stops when full ?since what I understand the jumper board only detects stock amperage

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 271 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar