Bad EZBook pro batteries – How to replace step by step

Bad EZBook pro batteries – How to replace step by step

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Bad EZBook pro batteries – How to replace step by step

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 271 total)
  • Author
    Chupa
    Participant

if you have space for a 3 mm battery a nearly double so thick might proof tricky when trying to close the bottom plate

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

steve
    Participant

is contacting gearbest a good idea?

ive emailed them about the battery and the fact that it isnt working correctly and they have requested a video of the problem, not sure how im going to be able to show the problem? if the battery lasts for about 30 mins from full charge

Rac4
    Participant

It is a good idea. I was able to received about 40 usd. There is a Youtube video of the issue that I used, to show them and they did not asked for more.

Otherwise a fast forward video with a timer might be a way to process.

Also, if it shuts down by itself at a high power %, start filming when you get to the correct %.

Another solution might be to wait a couple of days or weeks of usage, the issue will most probably get way worst in a near future if you continue using the computer casually.

Chupa
    Participant

i think the video is done very well to proof the defect battery point.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

prospero
    Participant

did you think that it will be compatible?

Walter
    Participant

Ok my batteries finally came and I’m getting ready to replace now.  I’ve never soldered anything before but I bought a small soldering iron and some solder and I’m getting down to business.  I’ll post pictures when I’m finished.  Thank you euplio and Chupa.  Your posts gave me the encouragement I needed to actually do this, having never done anything like this before.

EDIT:

I followed all of euplio’s directions.  The new batteries fit in the frame so I reused it.  I just plugged it in and the red charging light came on so I think it’s okay for now.  It was a fairly easy fix, although my solder job looks like crap.  Anyway I’ll update later to confirm if it works without the charger being plugged in or not.  These are the batteries I used:  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3580110-5000MAH-lithium-battery-3-7V-The-tablet-battery-8-inches-N83-N86-A86-A85-Rechargeable/955308174.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.1e674c4dXIQ0Pu

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cardoso
    Participant

Mine just arrived but they have 3 wires (see photos).

Should I solder the white wire to the plug that connects to the EZ board or should I just ignore it? Need help

Thanks

Attachments:
    Rac4
    Participant

Cardoso :

Did you ordered the same battery as euplio?

Use a multimeter to see what voltage runs between the colors. Mesure all the possibilities and send it. Maybe we’ll be able to help!

Cardoso
    Participant

Cardoso : Did you ordered the same battery as euplio? Use a multimeter to see what voltage runs between the colors. Mesure all the possibilities and send it. Maybe we’ll be able to help!

Same supplier but its 3.8v https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/0.html?spm=a2g0s.9042647.6.2.5a6663c0Ug76an&orderId=93258280708956&productId=32376733840

Sorted…black and red 3.88v. Now my experience: Soldered all wires (not really), install battery, switched on ezbook and nothing. Plugged in charger, switch on and it works. Removed the charger and it goes off!!! Eventually decided to open the back and check the wiring and sure enough the 2 wires were loose from the board. Fvcking soldering. Back to soldering board and hope it didn’t burn any components.

@Rac4
    Thanks for reply.

Rac4
    Participant

What is the voltage you get between the white and the black, and between the white and the red?

Chupa
    Participant

cardoso ignore the white just cover them with tape

walter there might be a problem
    your batteries have charging controllers and you soldered them to the main charging controller. that might not work.
    if it does not work, you have to bypass either the battery controller or the main controller and connect directly to the red and black cables what go to the jumper.

Need Help?

Walter
    Participant

cardoso ignore the white just cover them with tape walter there might be a problem your batteries have charging controllers and you soldered them to the main charging controller. that might not work. if it does not work, you have to bypass either the battery controller or the main controller and connect directly to the red and black cables what go to the jumper.

I was curious about that but was leery of messing with the batteries without them so I did it the way I did.  Like I said, I have no experience with this stuff and I didn’t want to start a fire or something.  lol  It got late last night so I didn’t have a chance to test it out yet, although the charging light did turn green and I unplugged it just before bed.  I have to wait until I get home from work tonight to test it out.  If it doesn’t work I’ll open it back up again and remove the ones from the batteries.

UPDATE: Booted up and is working great.  It’s the first time in months I’ve been able to use it without it being plugged in.  The Windows battery meter in the taskbar is only reading 78% and telling me I only have an hour and 38 minutes left but I don’t think it’s correct.

Cardoso
    Participant

@chupa thats what i did.

All sorted and working without charger plugged in. I’m charging it now then I’ll do some tests with battery bar and post it here.

Attachments:
    Chupa
    Participant

walter, the batteries could be pre-charged when they come
    just install battery bar and monitor the charging process.

cardoso do 3 charge and full discharge cycles (UNTIL THE PC GOES INTO FORCED HYBERNATION around 6%)
    then you should have an idea what the real battery capacity is.

Need Help?

Cardoso
    Participant

I managed to get 5 hours of use with 100% of brightness first half and then 75%. Played 3 hours of movies, web browsing and other tasks. I’m happy with new batteries, worth the money.

Now going to charge it and turn down the brightness to 50% as normal for me and see how far it goes.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 271 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar