Ezbook 3 Plus buy now or wait?

Ezbook 3 Plus buy now or wait?

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Ezbook 3 Plus buy now or wait?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 174 total)
  • Author
    Roberto
    Participant

No problem, Ben.

Thank you for your first impressions of the device and your opinion. I’ll return mine as well if I encounter the problems that you mentioned.

Sx C
    Participant

so i used my ezbook 3 plus for a little more today and i discovered a potentially dangerous problem, the battery voltage is always at 7.6v!!

tried hwinfo and batteryinfoview and both reports the same 7.6v, would appreciate if someone could confirm if it is the same for their ezbook 3 plus, my notebook is at <10% capacity and i dont dare to charge it.

regards

Kalle
    Participant

so i used my ezbook 3 plus for a little more today and i discovered a potentially dangerous problem, the battery voltage is always at 7.6v!! tried hwinfo and batteryinfoview and both reports the same 7.6v, would appreciate if someone could confirm if it is the same for their ezbook 3 plus, my notebook is at <10% capacity and i dont dare to charge it. regards

That doesn’t sound very good at all..the charger is 12v right?!

Sx C
    Participant

Yes but that is not the problem here, i know battery charging is more complex than simply charging to a set voltage, chemistry likely plays a bigger part but not knowing the voltage seems like a really glaring shortcoming.

Tried charging it and it charges but didnt leave it on for long since it could potentially not know when to stop!

Chris G
    Keymaster

7.6volts on the battery cells you’re referring to? That’s correct.

@sx-c
    So a TN panel and 1024 x 768 resolution only you say? So it’s not even a 1080p panel? Surely not and date of manufacture 2002!! That’s insane. Wow if that’s true my review isn’t going to be a good one.

I’ll have mine next week, it’s in Spain already just held up in customs. So i’ll find out then and see how my unit is. And I often do warn people to let me check the device first for such issues before buying. As I have encountered many lemons in my time reviewing this type of tech from China and can warn others it’s not one to buy. The EZBook 3 Pro is different for $219 I got mine for it’s a very decent system for the price.

But some gear like the Voyo Vbook V3 i5 7200U was a complete disaster for me, super cheap plastic build, dull screen, bad battery crazy fan noise etc. I finally got a refund on it but lost around 150 euros due to import tax and then the postage costs to return it. Certainly left a sour taste in one’s mouth.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Roberto
    Participant

I’m really NOT looking forward to mine aswell. It’s been hanging in the HongKong sorting centre for a while now.

I’ve been reading in the 4PDA forums about the Ezbook 3 Plus as well. A member from them has again asked the customer service from GB about the panel. They still state IPS. I wonder if @sx-c and Ben Clifford got their device from GB or from another retailer?

Still, if I’m not 100% satisfied with the screen and it’s actually a TN panel, it’ll go back. Makes me wish the Chuwi Lapbook Air would be available already.

Sx C
    Participant

Hi chris, i dont mean the 7.6v on the specs sheet etc, i mean it is always showing 7.6v on hwinfo/batteryinfoview regardless of battery percentage and use!!

Not sure about the actual resolution but the panel name itself has 1024 x 768 on it on device manager LOL, even if it were a FHD panel some of its parts was probably ‘recycled’.

Kalle
    Participant

I’m really NOT looking forward to mine aswell. It’s been hanging in the HongKong sorting centre for a while now. I’ve been reading in the 4PDA forums about the Ezbook 3 Plus as well. A member from them has again asked the customer service from GB about the panel. They still state IPS. I wonder if @sx-c and Ben Clifford got their device from GB or from another retailer? Still, if I’m not 100% satisfied with the screen and it’s actually a TN panel, it’ll go back. Makes me wish the Chuwi Lapbook Air would be available already.

I also asked again though they didn’t upload the answer to the website:

Kalle,Gearbest has replied your inquiry.

Dear Kalle,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding http://www.gearbest.com/m-<wbr />goods-sn-215893301.htm

Your original question is “Is the screen ips?”

Here is the answer from Our Customer service Team:

Hello Kalle,

Thank you for your inquiry.

yes, the screen is IPS.

7.6volts on the battery cells you’re referring to? That’s correct. @sx-c So a TN panel and 1024 x 768 resolution only you say? So it’s not even a 1080p panel? Surely not and date of manufacture 2002!! That’s insane. Wow if that’s true my review isn’t going to be a good one. I’ll have mine next week, it’s in Spain already just held up in customs. So i’ll find out then and see how my unit is. And I often do warn people to let me check the device first for such issues before buying. As I have encountered many lemons in my time reviewing this type of tech from China and can warn others it’s not one to buy. The EZBook 3 Pro is different for $219 I got mine for it’s a very decent system for the price. But some gear like the Voyo Vbook V3 i5 7200U was a complete disaster for me, super cheap plastic build, dull screen, bad battery crazy fan noise etc. I finally got a refund on it but lost around 150 euros due to import tax and then the postage costs to return it. Certainly left a sour taste in one’s mouth.

Yeah should have waited! Still Jumper seemed to be going so well and producing good quality products. Will never trust a chinese company again though.

Sx C
    Participant

Also we cant rule out possibility that jumper was duped by the OEM as well. Just cant believe that they would willingly shoot themselves in the foot considering how well things has been going for them lately.

Too bad the pr team is virtually non existent and we will never get a response from jumper. As usual the resellers will have to pick up the pieces on their own.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi chris, i dont mean the 7.6v on the specs sheet etc, i mean it is always showing 7.6v on hwinfo/batteryinfoview regardless of battery percentage and use!! Not sure about the actual resolution but the panel name itself has 1024 x 768 on it on device manager LOL, even if it were a FHD panel some of its parts was probably ‘recycled’.

HWinfo and the device manager can have it listed wrong you realize? Trust your eyes, the screen resolution look 1920 x 1080 ? What does the Windows max res say when changing the resolution? I find it hard to believe it would have the year 2002 1024 x 768 TN panel. It should at least be 1080p

Some IPS panels I have seen have anti glare layers on them that make it almost look like a TN panel. The easiest way to tell if it really is TN is does the vertical viewing angle change cause the colors to shift out? Do you need to look at it directly?

Battery voltage should be the same, it’s the charge level that should drop.

Install Battery bar, then report back on the battery that it charges at XX watts and discharges at X watts. It should show as 38Wh or something around that figure. I recently had issues with my Cube iwork 5x not fully charging, but cycling the battery a few times making sure I completely drain it so it would not power on any more than then fully charged it overnight it returned to 100% and will now drain all the way to 10%. Maybe try that and see if it’s okay.

Anyway, I will check mine out when it arrives this week, I hope i have better luck and everything is working at least.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Sx C
    Participant

yes i understand that it could be wrong, but it’s really telling if they did not even bother to update or maybe even “fake” it.

anyway the panel appears to be FHD but is definitely TN beyond any reasonable doubt, bad enough that there will not even be a ‘optimal’ viewing angle as long as you are using it like a notebook ie ~40cm away from the screen.

No matter how you tilt it the edges will always be either washed out or colour shifted, just a little but is noticeable, you can compensate for it with some calibration but is is just making the already bad colours and contrast worse.

overall it is quite bad but is livable with some calibration, i would likely give this to my mom and she would love it, even the lcd.

Bruce Dailey
    Participant

The sound on the Pro 3 is quite tinny to me – does the Plus have more range/bass?

Are there speaker grills in the bottom or are the speakers directed through the keyboard?

I often rest the laptop on my lap and so downward facing speakers are a problem for me.

Kalle
    Participant

Finaly my package has left UK after 2 weeks and is on it’s way, probably gonna get it tomorrow!

Sx C
    Participant

The sound on the Pro 3 is quite tinny to me – does the Plus have more range/bass? Are there speaker grills in the bottom or are the speakers directed through the keyboard? I often rest the laptop on my lap and so downward facing speakers are a problem for me.

The speakers are at the back of the notebook, right under the lids which will reflect the sound back to you when the notebook is opened up. It is better than the ezbook 3 pro speakers in all aspect thou not by much, i hope it will get better with some burn in.

sipart
    Participant

Hi. First review I have seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXLWezUwpTo&t=218s

Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 174 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar