EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 504 total)
  • Author
    kean3D
    Participant

Success, use CH341A (without adapter 1.8V !) + Colibri (GD25LQ64)

1. read
    2. earse
    3. write
    4. read (for check crc32)

good job

please can you say where it can be find the Colibri software?

vlad
    Participant

Success, use CH341A (without adapter 1.8V !) + Colibri (GD25LQ64)

1. read
    2. earse
    3. write
    4. read (for check crc32)

good job please can you say where it can be find the Colibri software?

here

Aderbal Machado Ribeiro
    Participant

Hi, in attach is a “V5” bios with all options and full power enable, caution, this is a “V5 – 2017-06-11”, downgrade or upgrade is a risk to brick…

Mervyn
    Participant

Hi, I have the 02/01/18 bios on my EZbook 3 Pro, the same as @Mike.

I have just flashed the unlocked version via AfuEfix64.efi and it has worked perfectly. I now have the advanced settings. Big thanks to @Giovanni for the unlocked bios and guide!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Vadim K.
    Participant

If it works then I’ll try to change ahci bios module with the one from Ezbook 3L

Any luck with that?

Gjuju
    Participant

Hello.

I didn’t tried for now.

Just checked/compared Hex from AHCI modules from all available bios for 3pro + 3s and it results in 2 jumper 3Pro families :

1 – 06/22/17 and 09/30/17 sharing the same module , jumper noted “Ver 3BANS002 JUMPER2x”

2 – 08/07/17, 10/08/17, 11/06/17, 12/05/17, 02/01/18 sharing the same module, but different from Family 1,  jumper noted  “Ver 3BANS010 JUMPER10x”

3 – Jumper 3s , that seem  to be noted “Ver: SU16A003” sharing another different AHCI module.

I don’t know what jumper version are working OK with SSD but it could be a good idea to do some statistics on that particular point.

Chupa
    Participant

my 3s works well with cheap kingspec 512GB at 500/500 speed.
    This might be of interest:

System Drive Boot Issues

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

lations
    Participant

Hi, I have the 02/01/18 bios on my EZbook 3 Pro, the same as @mike. I have just flashed the unlocked version via AfuEfix64.efi and it has worked perfectly. I now have the advanced settings. Big thanks to @giovanni for the unlocked bios and guide!

Thanks so much for letting us know. I just got an EZBook Pro with the same bios date, and this is exactly the news I wanted to hear. Just to confirm, did you simply flash the bios he provided, or did you go through all the manual hex-editing steps in his first post?

Also – and this is important – have you successfully installed Win10 on an SSD since then?

lations
    Participant

Update: perfectly flashed to unlocked bios on 02/01/18 bios.

Thanks SO MUCH op!

I’m just wondering, in the bios should the ‘Power Limit – 1’ be set to Disable or Enable? I tried disabling it, but it didn’t seem to increase the TDP. However, if you leave it on Enabled, it seems like you can change the TDP value? But I guess not, because everyone else is having to use some kind of Windows-based software to do this. Can anyone shed light on this setting in the bios?

Mervyn
    Participant

Glad it worked for you too. I just flashed it, no hex editing. (luckily!) I have recently bought an SSD from Amazon UK (TCSUNBOW 2242 240GB). I intstalled Win 10 from a usb stick after temporarily disabling the emmc drive in bios and there and it went very smoothly. I then wiped the emmc and put Ubuntu on it (again, no problems!) so it seems this particular EZbook is very well behaved, haha! I did a drive speed test in Windows  (before installing linux) emmc top half, M.2 bottom half of pic. I have had no issues with either drive or OS as yet and just access Ubuntu from the bios (boot override on last page) leaving windows boot manager as the first boot option.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    lations
    Participant

Glad it worked for you too. I just flashed it, no hex editing. (luckily!) I have recently bought an SSD from Amazon UK (TCSUNBOW 2242 240GB). I intstalled Win 10 from a usb stick after temporarily disabling the emmc drive in bios and there and it went very smoothly. I then wiped the emmc and put Ubuntu on it (again, no problems!) so it seems this particular EZbook is very well behaved, haha! I did a drive speed test in Windows (before installing linux) emmc top half, M.2 bottom half of pic. I have had no issues with either drive or OS as yet and just access Ubuntu from the bios (boot override on last page) leaving windows boot manager as the first boot option.

Can you please check your battery capacity in HWinfo or Battery bar?

Mine seems to be smaller than it should be, and I’m wondering if the bios flash caused it

@giovanni @thegiolly could this have caused it? can I flash back safely?

EZbook Pro battery is smaller than it should be? 36480mWh instead of 48000mWh

Giovanni
    Participant

@benulations I don’t think it’s related to the modded BIOS but you can flash the original BIOS without problems

EZbook 3 Pro BIOS modder - find my work here
    If you want to tag me, my username is thegiolly

lations
    Participant

@benulations I don’t think it’s related to the modded BIOS but you can flash the original BIOS without problems

Thanks for your response. By the way, I’m not blaming you or anything like that – I’m also pretty sure it wouldn’t be the BIOS.

Just out of curiosity, do you have any idea why on Earth my battery is reporting it’s max capacity as 36480mWh?? When as far as I know, it should be 48000mWh? (see the link at the bottom of my post just above yours)

Chupa
    Participant

who told you it should be 48000?
    on a 3 pro?

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

lations
    Participant

who told you it should be 48000? on a 3 pro?

Yeah, isn’t that right? According to @Norg in the other thread.

But I would LOVE for you to tell me I’m wrong.

Still, it is weird about it stopping charging at 40% yesterday…I wonder if it’ll do it again. Right now, I’m running a movie to drain the battery, then will try full charge. Anything else I should do to better calibrate? Can I just let it run down to zero then turn off and full recharge or is there some other steps I should do?

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 504 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password