EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 532 total)
  • Author
    Chupa
    Participant

open up and look at the printing on the battery also look at the description page where you bought it.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

lations
    Participant

Ok, well I guess @norg either has a different model, or a problem with his battery, and also I got confused. 36480 is the correct size for the Ezbook Pro 3, it would seem.

What’s the verdict on the charger? Why are some people saying a 2a charger is better?

lations
    Participant

This might be of interest: System Drive Boot Issues

Doesn’t apply to us, all that link does is talk about AHCI issues, but AHCI is already pre-selected in the EZBook bios.

Hyungjin
    Participant

Hi

I want try unlock my bios<span class=”Apple-converted-space”> </span>

but I’m not sure what program can i type “AfuEfix64.efi backup.rom / O” on?

Best

tornavar
    Participant

Hello everyone, thanks in advance and thanks for the support you all give.  I have update my bios Date 12/05/2017 19:25:21 See 3BANS010 Jumper10x.P8.WP3132.NHNAUHL01 to unblock version, I completed the steps 2.5.3 Flashing, <span lang=”en”>the process ended well I started the windows but when I have reset it to enter the bios the laptop turn off, I try to turn it on but the screen is off and the computer does not start.</span>

The same like this–> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz9vjDAM1n8

I’m very worried 🙁

best regards

Giovanni
    Participant

the screen is off and the computer does not start

You need to flash the BIOS with an external programmer.
    If you are not able to do that I can do it for you (for cheap).

EZbook 3 Pro BIOS modder - find my work here
    If you want to tag me, my username is thegiolly

lations
    Participant

the screen is off and the computer does not start

You need to flash the BIOS with an external programmer.
    If you are not able to do that I can do it for you (for cheap).

Why did this happen to him? Did he screw something up? I think it’s very important info for anyone who is considering flashing their bios

Giovanni
    Participant

Why did this happen to him?

Actually, I don’t know. I think there is a problem with the EFI shell that somehow flashes the flash (BIOS) chip incorrectly. Or maybe the hardware side is poorly designed when it comes to flashing the memory and it corrupts the data in the process. I’m not sure because it’s an inconsistent problem.
    I checked the dump of the original BIOS when some users sent me their EZB for repair and it’s a perfect match with the ones posted here, so it’s not a compatibility issue.

jose
    Participant

So it is better not to flash the bios?
    my bios is 06/11/17
    I wanted to install windows in ssd

Giovanni
    Participant

So it is better not to flash the bios?

You do it at your own risk.
    Most users did not have any problems.

smaTc
    Participant

Nevermind, found it…

lations
    Participant

Just wondering, is there any point to flash the bios really, now that the power limit isn’t easily unlockable anymore?

SSD’s work without it, and the eMMC speed is by default at high speed in the newer bioses.

Vadim K.
    Participant

I don’t know what jumper version are working OK with SSD but it could be a good idea to do some statistics on that particular point.

That’s weird. In this comment user says that he has no problem with BIOS recognition of Kingspec NT-128 with 12/05/2018 BIOS on EZBook 3pro. This BIOS has exactly same AHCI and SATA modules as mine Yepo 737A YEPOM10x.WP313R.NHNAUHL01.rom, which almost never detects my Kingspec NT-256 (same-model-other-capacity, I think) drive. So BIOS recognition issue must be caused by an inherent hardware flaw of P313R motherboard, that has been fixed in P3132 motherboard.

Still, there is a small chance that issue is caused by some other module(s).

Thanawat Suesuthikul
    Participant

i cannot unzip file it sad you need a password i don’t no a password

can you tell me

Thank you

MW-UK
    Participant

I have also tried downloading the tools from the two different links in the intro (both links on page 1) and it is also asking for a password to extract files from .rar. ** What is password? Or are we doing something stupid?    Thanks.

** extraction appears to complete but all files are 0bytes.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 532 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar