Ezbook 3 Plus buy now or wait?

Ezbook 3 Plus buy now or wait?

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Ezbook 3 Plus buy now or wait?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 174 total)
  • Author
    Roberto
    Participant

Thanks for the link sipart!

So the screen made a decent impression to me in this video, but it might look a bit different if you have the device actually in front of you.

The reviewer states it’s an IPS display and the viewing angles might suffer from the anti-glare coating on it. Biggest issue for him seemed to be the WIFI, which is very surprising to me. I hope it’s a driver issue and not hardware-related.

Still, this is a relief to some degree for me.

Blackburn
    Participant

Hi. First review I have seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXLWezUwpTo&t=218s Cheers

Thanks!

But I’ll wait on Chris’s review. While the video is nice, it doesn’t show Linux support, true run times, screen brightness, FPS figures or max temps when gaming etc, none of the info I really need.  And doesn’t show us the viewing angles of that TN panel or IPS whatever it is.

It  seems more like a sponsored video to sell it rather than a real review and he mentions like 3 times the price and to buy it while it’s cheaper. But wasn’t $379 a while ago? Also I think that Chinese guy works for Gearbest… Nuff said!

@Chris
    – Please check it will run the latest Linux distro’s like Debian & Fedora with up to date kernels.

Proud supporter of TechTablets via Patreon
    Tablets: Hi12 dual boot & MediaPad M5
    Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Global ROM)
    PC: Dell G3 15 1050 Ti undervolted & repaste
    Desktop PC: AMD Ryzen 1700, 16GB RAM, 512GB 960 Evo, Gigabyte 1060 6GB

Sx C
    Participant

i have not used it long enough to notice the wifi problem, thou i do notice that the signal strength is quite bad, usually its only 1-2 bar while all my other AC device is 3-4 bars.

Blackburn
    Participant

i have not used it long enough to notice the wifi problem, thou i do notice that the signal strength is quite bad, usually its only 1-2 bar while all my other AC device is 3-4 bars.

Okay so it’s not good. I’m not sure to get this or the Thinker i35. Can you move to other rooms and see if you can still get decent speeds?

Zi Jin Cheng
    Participant

Sup, just saw this thread after posting a new one, that can be deleted.

Biggest problem, WiFi, I get some pretty intermittent signal even with full bars (standing beside my router).

After reading through the thread and watching my video again, I realized I said IPS by mistake, its TN because of the viewing angles. I had the screen angled at the perfect angle to the camera that’s why it actually looks decent.

The screen is 100% 1920×1080, not 1024×768, I still have a 1024×768 14″ laptop and it does not look like that. Refresh rate is 57Hz (confirmed in COD:MW3)

ALso, fresh Windows on this (the very old version) boots in probably 10 seconds or less, but with updates it stretches it out to at least 25-30 seconds.

Zi Jin Cheng
    Participant

Okay so it’s not good. I’m not sure to get this or the Thinker i35. Can you move to other rooms and see if you can still get decent speeds?

Get the Xiaomi Air 12, can’t go wrong with that

Roberto
    Participant

So it’s really not an IPS panel?! Oh man, that is such a disappointment…

Now I’m really considering a Xiaomi Air 13 instead. Probably have to send the Ezbook 3 Plus back and no other Core M3 in sight…

Blackburn
    Participant

TN panel, no thanks, will stay clear of this one. Thanks for the info.

• TN Panel
    • wrong refresh rate
    • bad wifi
    • screen hinge issues

was going to get the lapbook air. But now it’s only going to have a N3450 in it and not the Core M3. Sucks!!

Blackburn
    Participant

So it’s really not an IPS panel?! Oh man, that is such a disappointment… Now I’m really considering a Xiaomi Air 13 instead. Probably have to send the Ezbook 3 Plus back and no other Core M3 in sight…

I guess I’ll go for the Mi notebook Air, but I wanted more than 4GB of RAM. Which is why the 8GB EZBook Plus looked so good (on paper) I know there is that 7Y54 version Chris reviewed, but it’s crazy expensive! For $800 bucks I might as well get an Acer or ASUS Zenbook. And I don’t want the 13″ Mi notebook it runs too hot!

Sx C
    Participant

should have clarified that im testing it from around 10m away with one concrete wall in between, transmit power and roaming aggressiveness both at level 4. Still can stream 4k youtube thou so did not mention it in my initial impression.

only watched 30 minutes of video thou so cant really tell if the wifi is really dropping out as the buffering may mask that.

Roberto
    Participant

should have clarified that im testing it from around 10m away with one concrete wall in between, transmit power and roaming aggressiveness both at level 4. Still can stream 4k youtube thou so did not mention it in my initial impression. only watched 30 minutes of video thou so cant really tell if the wifi is really dropping out as the buffering may mask that.

Yes, it seems to be the only reasonable device now after Jumper messsing up their new “flagship” device so hard…

I’m currently considering last year’s model with the i5-6200u, this one here: https://www.gearbest.com/laptops/pp_421980.html?wid=4

Zi Jin Cheng
    Participant

TN panel, no thanks, will stay clear of this one. Thanks for the info.

• TN Panel
    • wrong refresh rate
    • bad wifi
    • screen hinge issues

was going to get the lapbook air. But now it’s only going to have a N3450 in it and not the Core M3. Sucks!!

If money is impt to you, why not get the 6y30 Xiaomi Air 12? I gave my sis the Air (because she’s tiny and a 14″ laptop is too big for her) while I’m using the EZBook now and all she does is photoshop, chrome, and SWTOR. No appreciable difference.

So it’s really not an IPS panel?! Oh man, that is such a disappointment… Now I’m really considering a Xiaomi Air 13 instead. Probably have to send the Ezbook 3 Plus back and no other Core M3 in sight…

I guess I’ll go for the Mi notebook Air, but I wanted more than 4GB of RAM. Which is why the 8GB EZBook Plus looked so good (on paper) I know there is that 7Y54 version Chris reviewed, but it’s crazy expensive! For $800 bucks I might as well get an Acer or ASUS Zenbook. And I don’t want the 13″ Mi notebook it runs too hot!

You could get a super fast USB and use that as a Ramdisk 😀

should have clarified that im testing it from around 10m away with one concrete wall in between, transmit power and roaming aggressiveness both at level 4. Still can stream 4k youtube thou so did not mention it in my initial impression. only watched 30 minutes of video thou so cant really tell if the wifi is really dropping out as the buffering may mask that.

Have you tried 4K 60fps?

Roberto
    Participant

Hey Zi Jin Cheng,

the biggest issue for me is actually the screen size. I really wanted a 14 inch screen, that’s why I went for the Ezbook 3 Plus. If Xiaomi were to offer a Core M 14 inch version, that would be perfectly fine for me as well! For me personally, 12 inches of screen real estate is just not enough.

Roland
    Participant

Hello i am french so sorry for my poor english.

Il have just receive this ezbook 3 plus.

Il am very very disappointed. The display  is 1024*768.  WTF?

It’s a shame.

How to send back this shit?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sx C
    Participant

i noticed the difference at first but most agree that is is most likely a FHD panel, anyway you are already a winner with a 60hz display!!! /sarcasm

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 174 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar