Ezbook 3 Plus buy now or wait?

Ezbook 3 Plus buy now or wait?

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Ezbook 3 Plus buy now or wait?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 174 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Ralph McIntosh 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 174 total)
  • Author

Sx C
    Participant

I am with ben on this, it doesnt look as bad on the video because the camera is probably at least 1 m away, at 40cm away ie how you would use a notebook there is simply no optimal angle.

No matter how you adjust it the top/bottom and especially the edges will have shifting or fading.  As ben said it is something you can live with but it will always be noticeable.

My blacks level are also pretty bad compared to chris’s.  I wonder if they are using a different TN panel which isn’t that much of a stretch if they are simply using the leftovers from their warehouses.

Kalle
    Participant

I agree. If you mainly use white background with black text then no issue. But I was planning to use this for programming and then I ususally use dark backgrounds. Also the hinge is to loose so sitting on the bus or train would cause the screen to recline to it’s maximum depth all the time, annoying as hell. The speakers are beyond bad, my 130 dollar Xiaomi phone has better speakers, but I don’t really care about them.

Just a question: What do you feel about the keyboard? I just felt that there is way to little travel in the keys, not comfortable at all. Is it the same type of keyboard on the ezbook 3 pro?

Roberto
    Participant

I agree with the screen. It is not a catastrophe, but for the price i feel simply scammed. That is the real issue.  $450 was the initial price and this is Xiaomi Air 12 territory. Nuff said.

Roberto
    Participant

If oyou have another use for your device (your mom), it’s fine. I don’t have another use for it so my situation is a bit different. If was in the exact same position and you and came to the conclusion that the Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 13 is the best current alternative to the Plus. Although it is quite a bit more expensive, it seems like real quality and the specs alone are worth the premium. I’ve had hopes for the Chuwi Lapbook Air, but the Core M version is far, far away and I need a decent device now.

If you’re demanding the absolute best in quality, then the Mi Notebook Air 13 is there, well almost. But that Mi Air 13 also gets seriously hot to the touch just above the keyboard when you do something demanding. If you have seen my review you’ll know. 50 degrees C+ is not good.

Hi Chris, yes, that’s the one that I’ll get now.

I’m just disappointed that the Chuwi Lapbook for literally half the price has a better screen than this one. I might have been a bit over the top, but I just don’t get their recent loss of build quality. It’s true, there are some great improvements like the precision touch pad and the build quality (except the hinge on my device apparently), but I don’t look at the hinge or touchpad. I look at the display all the time. It’s a deal breaker for me, but for others it might be alright. Guess I’m too spoiled by my Lapbook 14.1 display.

Chris G
    Keymaster

What do you feel about the keyboard? I just felt that there is way to little travel in the keys, not comfortable at all. Is it the same type of keyboard on the ezbook 3 pro?

So far the keyboard feels okay for me, the main thing is no missed keystrokes causing typos unlike the Tbook4’s. The tbook4’s keyboards it felt like you had to hit those keys really hard to ensure they would register, the space key was the worst part, it only seemed to work 3 out of 4 times and the typos it caused were so frustrating I had to get rid of it.

While it’s no lenovo or Mi Notebook keyboard it’s not bad. But not as good as the laptop 12.3’s keyboard or the travel on the lapbook 14.1’s

Guess I’m too spoiled by my Lapbook 14.1 display.

Yes that Chuwi Lapbook 14.1 1080p IPS is great, such a nice screen. I do miss that panel. I don’t understand why no other manufacturers have used it. Maybe the cost of it?

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Chris G
    Keymaster

Okay, so I just showed the screen to my wife. She’s not a techy like me and she said it looks great 😀  But then again her 800 euro ASUS laptop with an i5 6500U doesn’t even have a 1080p panel, it’s only 768p and her TN panel is far worse than the EZBook 3 Plus’s. That ASUS has grey looking or almost bluish blacks and easy to wash out.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Roberto
    Participant

Yes, I think it’s a cost issue. They probably try to cut a few corners to make up for the nice metal build quality, I guess. AOU is not an unknown display manufacturer and they have a bit of reputation. I was really astonished by that display, especially given the anti-glare coating.

Kalle
    Participant

I think there are two major problems: the vertical viewing angles really suck and for this reason you would have to adjust the hinge. But the hing itself is so loose that you constantly have to adjust it, making the laptop basically impossible to use. You are more busy finding the sweet spot for the screen than actual work. @Kalle You should open a ticket first being a bit angry and stating the issues you have and that you would like to return the device. Then, you’ll send them the device with the RMA document and a document of the shipping costs. Once they obtain the device (which takes 3-4 weeks at least), they’ll refund you on Paypal or the GB wallet as you stated. I would highly advise not to inform Paypal, as Gearbest might be angry about now having the device back yet. It’s not necessary at this point and could potentially cause problems.

Alright. I’ve opened a ticket and they told me send it back to them, though I will have to pay for shipping. I just looked it up and shipping to china costs me about 50 euro, which is quite alot. Should I contact Paypal after I’ve gotten the return so they can give me back money for shipping?

@ Chris G Alright, maybe just me that isn’t used to it. I got a fully mechanical keyboard at my desktop and for my laptop I have the Cube i7 Stylus which has more key travel. Yeah my gf (who isn’t techy) said it looked good but I disagree.

Sx C
    Participant

I come from a lapbook as well maybe thats why it looks especially bad to me, honestly, i even contemplated just switching the lcd assembly and creating some kind of of frankenstein machine, luckily the dimensions dont match or i will have two faulty laptop on my hands.

I really hope jumper or some other OEM releases a ips panel in the future.

S.
    Participant

Hi!, Jumper EzBook 3 Plus owner here, now having a nice brick after changing boot order in BIOS. Same crap as the PRO model with the BIOS…

Roberto
    Participant

Hi!, Jumper EzBook 3 Plus owner here, now having a nice brick after changing boot order in BIOS. Same crap as the PRO model with the BIOS…

Whaaaat? Is this the 90s again (actually, that wasn’t even possible in the 90s….)?! How on earth is that even possible from a technical point of view? 😀

First no sound after installing an SSD, now bricked after changing boot order? xD

sigma
    Participant

Whaaaat? Is this the 90s again (actually, that wasn’t even possible in the 90s….)?! How on earth is that even possible from a technical point of view? ? First no sound after installing an SSD, now bricked after changing boot order? xD

wow i didnt even know that was possible! bricked as in you dont even get to a bios logo screen? the obvious would be if you set the boot device to a added m2 drive, then to remove it and see if the bios reverts.

very interesting though – i would have guessed you needed to change one of the advanced settings to brick it!

Sx C
    Participant

Try unplugging the battery for ~30mins and pressing the power button every now and then to fully drain the system.

Kalle
    Participant

Damn this device! Bricking by changing boot order OMG.

Gonna pack mine and send it back today. You think it would be sufficient to use the exact same package material as it came in? Just the original laptop box wrapped in a plastic bag. It did survive from china to here, question is if it survives back again. :S

S.
    Participant

Try unplugging the battery for ~30mins and pressing the power button every now and then to fully drain the system.

Thanks, I’ll try that.

wow i didnt even know that was possible! bricked as in you dont even get to a bios logo screen? the obvious would be if you set the boot device to a added m2 drive, then to remove it and see if the bios reverts. very interesting though – i would have guessed you needed to change one of the advanced settings to brick it!

Yes, I can’t get any bios screen, even the blue leds doesn’t light up after pressing power button for more than 15 secs.

Other issues I have found are that the space bar sometimes doesn’t work, and the sticker in the battery says ‘4800mAh’, although Windows reports more than 6hrs battery life.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 174 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password