Ezbook 3 Plus buy now or wait?

Ezbook 3 Plus buy now or wait?

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Ezbook 3 Plus buy now or wait?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 174 total)
  • Author
    Roberto
    Participant

@Sx C

You can also try to get a refund of the shipping costs via Paypal. At least in Germany they currently have an offer to reimburse up to 25€ if you upload the postal office document and if you have initially paid for the device with Paypal. Have been using that a few times and was really satisfied. I think you can do that up to 12 times year.

Not sure if this offer is availabe in other countries as well.

Kalle
    Participant

Got mine now aswell and I agree to. The screen isn’t the worst ever but considering the price it’s really really bad. And as already said, the build quality is beyond shitty. Have opened a ticket with GB now, hopefully they will answer soon. Thinking if canceling my Pro order and just order the Xiaomi Air 13 instead. I don’t care about the initial shipping cost, it was like 5 USD. But sending it back would probably be around 15-20 USD at least. Will contact Paypal aswell.

@Roberto
    any idea of how it works? Do I complete my refund at GB and send send receipts to Paypal?

Roberto
    Participant

I think there are two major problems: the vertical viewing angles really suck and for this reason you would have to adjust the hinge. But the hing itself is so loose that you constantly have to adjust it, making the laptop basically impossible to use. You are more busy finding the sweet spot for the screen than actual work.

@Kalle

You should open a ticket first being a bit angry and stating the issues you have and that you would like to return the device. Then, you’ll send them the device with the RMA document and a document of the shipping costs. Once they obtain the device (which takes 3-4 weeks at least), they’ll refund you on Paypal or the GB wallet as you stated. I would highly advise not to inform Paypal, as Gearbest might be angry about now having the device back yet. It’s not necessary at this point and could potentially cause problems.

Ben Clifford
    Participant

I never received any response from gearbest about the screen. I have decided to keep the machine anyway, mainly because their are no similar products in the price range with a 7y30. I also don’t need or want  a blazing uhd touchscreen, just this one with an ips. I also can’t afford to waste any more time getting refunds as I need it for coursework now.

On the plus side, I haven’t had any issues with the wifi so far, it also pairs very easily to my phone. The screen is a bit loose, but it doesn’t wobble when I’m typing so no harm there. It is also very quick, I am very impressed with the core m. It is also light. I also prefer 16:9 to 3:2, so that counts out some of the alternatives I’ve looked at.

However, gearbest continue to lie on their site about the screen and they haven’t even bothered to return my tickets. So I will be giving an honest review about this product and their dodgy behaviour in due course. I also just received a cube mix plus (not from them), and I am very happy with it, and this has helped me choke on my rage somewhat.

Sx C
    Participant

Hi yes i’ve read that from an earlier comment which i believe was by you as well, thanks for the suggestion. The problem is the shipping cost a lot more than that because of the li-ion batteries and i suspect gearbest is aware of it as well.

i’ll just keep it as a reminder and as a lesson to not buy anything until a review has come out, my mom is using it now anyway, quite happily i might add so its not a total loss.

the biggest problem now is i have to find a new notebook for myself and it is harder than ever because of the trust issues. The Mi air series looks to be the only ‘assured quality’ purchase at the moment

Roberto
    Participant

If oyou have another use for your device (your mom), it’s fine. I don’t have another use for it so my situation is a bit different.

If was in the exact same position and you and came to the conclusion that the Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 13 is the best current alternative to the Plus. Although it is quite a bit more expensive, it seems like real quality and the specs alone are worth the premium. I’ve had hopes for the Chuwi Lapbook Air, but the Core M version is far, far away and I need a decent device now.

Sx C
    Participant

@Ben

im extremely disappointed by gearbest as well, not entirely their fault but they should have tried at the very least. my review(all 3 maybe one 4 stars) was also not published as well.

GB is usually the first place i visit whenever i wants or need to buy something because the priority shipping is just lovely,  but not anymore, i just used up all my points and i suppose i wont be getting many more in future.

Zi Jin Cheng
    Participant

I’ve got to collect mine tomorrow (missed the delivery!) so if I have time for my unboxing video I’ll check the wifi for issues and that screen. Sad to hear it looks like a real lemon, well the wifi and screen. Such a disappointment as the EZbook 3 Pro is a great laptop for the price. And now they mess up their “premium” Core M3 laptop. Sad ? I hope and I’m sure it’s the case, they will release a second batch with an IPS and fixed Wifi. EZBook Plus V2. But it sucks we have to be the receivers of the crappy first batch that shouldn’t even exist.

Yeah it does. still looking for that perfect $450 Core M laptop (That isn’t a Xiaomi Air 12).

Okay, got mine today and just agree with all of you guys 100%. This is an insanely bad device, especially considering Jumper’s recent quality products. The screen is Ezbook 2 “quality” at best, which was absolutely fine for end of 2016 at a price point of around 200$, but not for their “premium” device with a Core M in 2017 for 450$. It has a precision touchpad at least, which isn’t too bad. Keyboard is alright as well, quite usable and nice to type on. The hinge is really just as bad as the screen and opens all the time. It’s very loose and you can’t control the reclining by adjusting the angle, it always happens automatically. Non existent quality control from Jumper’s side… I’ve opened a ticket at Gearbest to get a full refund, this is completely ridiculous for the asking price. Now I’ve ordered the Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 13 2016 model for around 530€ and get a real premium device with a nice IPS screen and not such a hyped lemon that wasn’t able to keep any of their promises.

Your description of the hinge sounds a lot worse than mine. See my video below starting at 1:20, is it as bad as that? I can adjust the screen to the angle I want pretty easily, but it does open by itself if you perform “violent” actions on it.

Roberto
    Participant

Hi Zi Jin Cheng,

yes, it’s a bit worse than in your video. Just keeping it on my lap and moving just a little makes it recline. Really didn’t enjoy it :(.

Bruce Dailey
    Participant

Jumper jumped the shark on the EZbook 3 Plus.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Well I got mine. Honestly from these forum comments, i was expecting the worst laptop ever. And one of the worst screens even used in a PC. Something like the old 1998 TN panels in IBM thinpad’s I used to once work on. And a build quality worse than the Voyo Vbook V3. Yes, the screen is rather bad, but only the vertical viewing angle is bad. Horizontal is fine. When viewed straight on it’s quite okay, blacks look deep, like IPS deep and so is the brightness. The calibration is off very cool white. You can see here in my unboxing and preview.

Next a Cube Thinker i35 screen or the Surbook screen, both top Samsung PLS sRGB 99% screens the difference clear as night and day. The speakers are poor! Rattle at 100% so not good. Hardly any Chinese devices have good speakers so I never expected much.

But the build quality is fine on my unit. No issues, it’s clearly the same ODM that made the Tbook4 the housing and design is exactly same, btu they have magnets to hold the screen shut, the tbook4 doesn’t. But the finish is good, everything lines up the hinge feels fine on mine. So the build quality varies a lot from unit to unit.

Touchpad is the same as the Tbook4, it’s quite decent. So much better than the EZbook 3 Pro V3’s. keyboard thankful isn’t the same one as the Tbook4, the keys feel better and no typos from missed keystrokes. The Tbook4 and some issues with that.

So far, with my 10 hours using it, only the speakers, screen vertical angles are the big let down for me. For $424 they should have used a better panel.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Chris G
    Keymaster

If oyou have another use for your device (your mom), it’s fine. I don’t have another use for it so my situation is a bit different. If was in the exact same position and you and came to the conclusion that the Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 13 is the best current alternative to the Plus. Although it is quite a bit more expensive, it seems like real quality and the specs alone are worth the premium. I’ve had hopes for the Chuwi Lapbook Air, but the Core M version is far, far away and I need a decent device now.

If you’re demanding the absolute best in quality, then the Mi Notebook Air 13 is there, well almost. But that Mi Air 13 also gets seriously hot to the touch just above the keyboard when you do something demanding.  If you have seen my review you’ll know. 50 degrees C+ is not good.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

Ben Clifford
    Participant

So far, with my 10 hours using it, only the speakers, screen vertical angles are the big let down for me. For $424 they should have used a better panel.

That’s my assessment as well for my unit, I am mostly unnerved by the false information given by GB in the first place in the product faq, and the fact that they still haven’t corrected it as of today – and their apparent refusal to communicate with me about it. Not used to that, but I guess I know better now.

My conclusion is that this is a big missed opportunity for Jumper because in most other ways this machine has exceeded my expectations.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Well we know for a fact Jumper does listen to feedback, just look at the EZbook 2 to 3 Pro and then the Pro 3 V3 & v4 revisions are proof of this. Just a shame we get stuck with this first batch before they correct the screen and hopefully fix the speakers. I’m sure they will revise it.

I hope they use the 14.1 IPS screen in the Chuwi Lapbook 14.1, now that was a great panel.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Blackburn
    Participant

I’ve just seen the review Chris posted. I’m thinking the same, from his video the screen doesn’t look any where near as bad as the first comments here. Okay sure the viewing angles suck vertically. But think about it. How do you view your screen? Facing you or facing the floor? Not sure about you but I look at my screen on my Hi12 directly front on. But sometimes I do lay it flat and use the hipen. However it is a tablet so different.

I’m more concerned about that wireless issue now. In Chris’s testing seems he has a good unit & Zi Cheng has a lemon.

@zi-cheng
    Any updates on the wireless? Also did you update to the latest Intel driver? https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24345/Intel-Driver-Update-Utility

Proud supporter of TechTablets via Patreon
    Tablets: Hi12 dual boot & MediaPad M5
    Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Global ROM)
    PC: Dell G3 15 1050 Ti undervolted & repaste
    Desktop PC: AMD Ryzen 1700, 16GB RAM, 512GB 960 Evo, Gigabyte 1060 6GB

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 174 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar