EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series EZbook 3 Pro – How to unlock the BIOS

This topic contains 498 replies, has 103 voices, and was last updated by  Osman 2 days, 5 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 499 total)
  • Author

Giovanni
    Participant

Just read the first post, the line above the download link.
    I don’t think that’s difficult 😉

EZbook 3 Pro BIOS modder - find my work here
    If you want to tag me, my username is thegiolly

MW-UK
    Participant

Now you mention it, No.  But even then had to re-look, thinking I must be missing something here.  No accounting for stupidity!!

Whilst posting.  Thanks for the great work here. Very informative, even if some are a little slow! 😉

Tobias S
    Participant

Hey,

I did what you did in your so called tutorial.

I work in the It-Section for years now and I have a lot of knowledge in this sector. I must say, that it works for me, but the way how you describe the steps to do are so god damn bad, I can´t believe it.

I have professional knowledge and sometimes I dont know what to do.

For example: “B: You readback your BIOS using the command ‘AfuEfix64.efi backup.rom /O’”

Many of the users don´t know what to do there. I made it in efi mode, but most other people will struggle.

Anyways, nice way you discovered, but really but presentation, considering a small mistake could convert people´s devices to trash.

Cheers

Pascal Zinken
    Participant

Hey, I did what you did in your so called tutorial. I work in the It-Section for years now and I have a lot of knowledge in this sector. I must say, that it works for me, but the way how you describe the steps to do are so god damn bad, I can´t believe it. I have professional knowledge and sometimes I dont know what to do. For example: “B: You readback your BIOS using the command ‘AfuEfix64.efi backup.rom /O’” Many of the users don´t know what to do there. I made it in efi mode, but most other people will struggle. Anyways, nice way you discovered, but really but presentation, considering a small mistake could convert people´s devices to trash. Cheers

Go write your own how-to then before trashing other peoples hard work you idiot. Arschloch

Tobias S
    Participant

Hey, I did what you did in your so called tutorial. I work in the It-Section for years now and I have a lot of knowledge in this sector. I must say, that it works for me, but the way how you describe the steps to do are so god damn bad, I can´t believe it. I have professional knowledge and sometimes I dont know what to do. For example: “B: You readback your BIOS using the command ‘AfuEfix64.efi backup.rom /O’” Many of the users don´t know what to do there. I made it in efi mode, but most other people will struggle. Anyways, nice way you discovered, but really but presentation, considering a small mistake could convert people´s devices to trash. Cheers

Go write your own how-to then before trashing other peoples hard work you idiot. Arschloch

#

Haha. Nice english. Guess you learned it in the baumschule? 😀

Giovanni
    Participant

Dude, please stop.

If you don’t like it you can tell it, but don’t criticize or at least help improving what you think it’s bad

Pascal Zinken
    Participant

# Haha. Nice english. Guess you learned it in the baumschule? ?

On IGNORE

Pascal Zinken
    Participant

Dude, please stop. If you don’t like it you can tell it, but don’t criticize or at least help improving what you think it’s bad

+1

Chupa
    Participant

ah the Germans and their rechthaberei and superior complex.
    don’t worry, it will all soon be over…

you will feel better plus you get more womans who will know how 2 behave.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Kelvin Lim
    Participant

Hi, I have the 02/01/18 bios on my EZbook 3 Pro, the same as @mike. I have just flashed the unlocked version via AfuEfix64.efi and it has worked perfectly. I now have the advanced settings. Big thanks to @giovanni for the unlocked bios and guide!

I notice the “Main” tab is missing…. is this normal?

Giovanni
    Participant

Hi, I have the 02/01/18 bios on my EZbook 3 Pro, the same as @mike. I have just flashed the unlocked version via AfuEfix64.efi and it has worked perfectly. I now have the advanced settings. Big thanks to @giovanni for the unlocked bios and guide!

I notice the “Main” tab is missing…. is this normal?

Yes

Martin
    Participant

Registered just to say thanks!

But I do have a problem. My bios is 02/01/2018 and I flashed the modded one, now the computer takes way longer to boot?! Anyone have any idea why…?

I have a Samsung SSD with fresh Linux Mint 19 installed and everything works just fine before and after the reflash exept of course boot time…

Brad
    Participant

Registered just to say thanks! But I do have a problem. My bios is 02/01/2018 and I flashed the modded one, now the computer takes way longer to boot?! Anyone have any idea why…? I have a Samsung SSD with fresh Linux Mint 19 installed and everything works just fine before and after the reflash exept of course boot time…

After flashing did you modify the BIOS setting to “set to factory defaults”?  If that doesn’t work I think there is a “fast boot” option.  Try setting that if it’s turned off.
    Also a couple questions: what BIOS version did you install?  Is your EZbook 3 Pro version v4 or v5? Is the touchpad working perfecting with Mint 19? Which kernel version?  goodonya.

Brad
    Participant

oh, and also… when you say it’s slow to boot, which part of the boot are you talking about?  after seeing the Jumper logo and during the LinuxMint boot part?

Sagat64
    Participant

Downloads (psw techtablets):
    >Tools – https://mega.nz/#!oMRFQIZb!_6HksL7GF0Lg7zwFBx5-90mlDtfjk6Oqh-9rL8_BzVA

I can’t decompress downloaded Tools.rar by WinRAR.  :/

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 499 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password