Ezbook 3 Plus buy now or wait?

Ezbook 3 Plus buy now or wait?

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Ezbook 3 Plus buy now or wait?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 174 total)
  • Author
    Zi Jin Cheng
    Participant

Hello i am french so sorry for my poor english. Il have just receive this ezbook 3 plus. Il am very very disappointed. The display is 1024*768. WTF? It’s a shame. How to send back this shit?

The info is wrong, your screen is 1920×1080 57Hz refresh rate. Its OK

Kalle
    Participant

Such a shame about this device. Just like Roberto I really wanted a 14″ Core m. The Apollo Lakes are just to slow for me. I also considering buying the xiaomi air 13 last year’s model: https://www.gearbest.com/laptops/pp_421980.html?wid=4 instead. I have heard that the fan can be quite annoying though. 🙁 The newer 12″ core m would probably be fine for me but 4gb is just to little!

Roland
    Participant

The screen is awful.  It can’t be IPS.

Sx C
    Participant

Such a shame about this device. Just like Roberto I really wanted a 14″ Core m. The Apollo Lakes are just to slow for me. I also considering buying the xiaomi air 13 last year’s model: https://www.gearbest.com/laptops/pp_421980.html?wid=4 instead. I have heard that the fan can be quite annoying though. ? The newer 12″ core m would probably be fine for me but 4gb is just to little!

Indeed it is, had jumper delivered on this i probably would have bought the inevitable jumper thinker as well.

anyway, sh!t appears to have hit the fans over at gearbest, they had a resolution for me which i’ve even agreed to but they are now asking me to wait for a few more days.

best case scenario i hope jumper will at least send us the IPS panel which shouldn’t be that hard to replace.

Kalle
    Participant

Such a shame about this device. Just like Roberto I really wanted a 14″ Core m. The Apollo Lakes are just to slow for me. I also considering buying the xiaomi air 13 last year’s model: https://www.gearbest.com/laptops/pp_421980.html?wid=4 instead. I have heard that the fan can be quite annoying though.  The newer 12″ core m would probably be fine for me but 4gb is just to little!

Indeed it is, had jumper delivered on this i probably would have bought the inevitable jumper thinker as well. anyway, sh!t appears to have hit the fans over at gearbest, they had a resolution for me which i’ve even agreed to but they are now asking me to wait for a few more days. best case scenario i hope jumper will at least send us the IPS panel which shouldn’t be that hard to replace.

Oh is that so. If they would ship new panels for no/low cost that would have been great, having a difficult time believing that though. I’ve talked to their customer support about returning my plus as it was just sitting at the delivery company for 2 weeks but they couldn’t (can’t blame them but still…). They told me to wait until it arrived and then send it back again. I’m thinking about just getting the pro model instead, it seems to be really good (except the performance). I can’t afford anything over 500 USD right now and so I might stick with the (slow) pro for a year or something until I can afford something better.

Blackburn
    Participant

Roland, I think you’ll find that Windows under Intel HD settings it will be 1920 x 1080 max res your photo doesn’t look like a 768p screen to me. Well I think I will get the 7Y30 Mi Notebook Air 12 and just live with 4GB of RAM sucks as I wanted 8GB.

Jumper failed big time on this one, this is a flagship laptop from them? I think not!

Proud supporter of TechTablets via Patreon
    Tablets: Hi12 dual boot & MediaPad M5
    Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Global ROM)
    PC: Dell G3 15 1050 Ti undervolted & repaste
    Desktop PC: AMD Ryzen 1700, 16GB RAM, 512GB 960 Evo, Gigabyte 1060 6GB

Roberto
    Participant

You guys can count me in. As soon as my Ezbook 3 Plus arrives, I’ll instantly send it back with the RMA.

I’ll get the Xiaomi Air 13 from last year and get atleast something decent that doesn’t pretend things it cannot deliver….

Bye Jumper, as nice as your really great budget devices are, you messed up big time.

Kalle
    Participant

@Roberto:

Nice price on the xiaomi, I’ve never bought anything from Lightinthebox, are they ok?: http://www.lightinthebox.com/laptop-13-3-inch-intel-i5-dual-core-8gb-ram-256gb-ssd-hard-disk-windows10-gt940m-1gb_p5527490.html?prm=1.3.5.0

Roberto
    Participant

@roberto: Nice price on the xiaomi, I’ve never bought anything from Lightinthebox, are they ok?: http://www.lightinthebox.com/laptop-13-3-inch-intel-i5-dual-core-8gb-ram-256gb-ssd-hard-disk-windows10-gt940m-1gb_p5527490.html?prm=1.3.5.0

Hi Kalle,

I have no experience with lightinthebox unfortunately. I’ve ordered my first “real” electronics from China with Gearbest about a year ago and since then stick to this exporter.

Indeed a nice price for the Xiaomi Air at LitB, but I have like 37€ in GB points still that I’ll use on my order. Also, the return policy is flawless for me with Gearbest and I always got my money back without any big hassle or discussions. They partly also refund the shipping costs back to China. That “service” is enough to keep ordering at GB to be honest. I have no idea how other exporters would handle such requests and also how they ship the stuff concerning import taxes and custom fees.

Sx C
    Participant

Gearbest is selling the 2017 model for roughly the same price – https://www.gearbest.com/laptops/pp_648196.html, am originally tempted to go for this model as well but honestly at this price i would just rather pay 1-200 more and just buy locally.

edit: didnt realise the original link is in aud

Roberto
    Participant

Hm, a difference of 120€ is considerable to me. I’m not sure if I’m willing to pay this premium for just a refresh. On the other hand, it would be nice of course…

Kalle
    Participant

@Roberto yeah that is true, might be worth paying a little more!

@Sx C yeah, unfortunately Xiaomi isn’t even sold here(Sweden).

I just placed and order for the pro model instead, I figured I can’t afford anything else and I really need it now. Maybe after a year I might sell it and buy something proper. Now if only Gearbest could get them back in stock…

The xiaomi Air is nice but the screen is so glossy and then it has heating issues. For that price I would expect more! Still, the expandable storage is nice and it has good keyboard&touchpad. Anyhow, going a bit to off topic here.

Roberto
    Participant

Yes, the Ezbook 3 pro is a fine device for the money.  I also can’t get Xiaomi here in Germany, and other name brands would be double the price for the same specs, so it’s still worth the effort of importing it.

Sx C
    Participant

i meant buying locally from the established brands, just shop around both in stores and your local e-retailers and you might just come across a good deal.

Just april of this year i bought a asus zenbook i5-7200u 8gb 512gb ultrabook for just over 1k usd.

Also gotta remember that the local set will have much better residual resale value as well, if you were to sell your laptop 2 years later the difference between the what you paid and what you sold it for would probably be the same.

Anyway, my recommendation is to not buy any notebook for the time being, rumors has it intel is really going to shake up the cpu line-up for coffee lake, successor to apollo lake is coming soon as well.

Kalle
    Participant

i meant buying locally from the established brands, just shop around both in stores and your local e-retailers and you might just come across a good deal. Just april of this year i bought a asus zenbook i5-7200u 8gb 512gb ultrabook for just over 1k usd. Also gotta remember that the local set will have much better residual resale value as well, if you were to sell your laptop 2 years later the difference between the what you paid and what you sold it for would probably be the same. Anyway, my recommendation is to not buy any notebook for the time being, rumors has it intel is really going to shake up the cpu line-up for coffee lake, successor to apollo lake is coming soon as well.

Sadly but no. Taxes are crazy here. It’s at least 25% of the value and now also something stupid that they call “chemical tax” so if a product costs 1000 USD, it’s more like 1300 USD here. Sure you will get warranties but the company will still just send it to china for repair so it will take 1-2 months anyway. There is almost no resell value unless it has an Apple on it. Actually starting buying alot from amazon.de lately to avoid the stupid taxes. As we are both i EU everyhting is tull free and it only takes 1-2 days for stuff to arrive.(I live in southern Sweden aswell, a drive for Germany is like 4-5 hours (buy alot of booze there aswell, cheap as hell compared to our systembolag ))

Damn now I’m just going to far off topic. 😀

Yeah well there is always something new coming around the corner! The next few years will be interesting now when we got competition again. Sadly I cannot wait. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 174 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar