Huawei just announced their new mid-ranger for the European market and other selected countries – we’re talking about the Huawei P Smart (2019).
The P Smart comes with a large 6.21-inch IPS LCD display sporting 1080 x 2340 resolution and a 19.5:9 aspect ratio, there’s also a still trendy waterdrop notch at the top with the front camera, no punch hole here. Meanwhile on the back we find a 3D curved unibody glossy cover with a gradient effect.
Under the hood, Huawei’s mid-range phone is powered by a Hisilicon Kirin 710 processor paired with a not too exciting 3GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage expandable via microSD.
In the camera department, the P Smart (2019) is equipped with a Dual AI 13MP + 2MP camera setup, which means there’s a 13MP main sensor supported by AI and an f/1.8 lens, with a secondary 2MP sensor to capture depth data; while on the front we find an 8MP selfie snapper.
Finally, the Huawei P Smart (2019) is fueled by a 3400mAh battery, runs EMUI 9.0 based on Android 9 Pie and is available in Midnight Black, Aurora Blue and Sapphire Blue.
Huawei P Smart (2019) Specifications
- Display: 6.21 inches 2340 x 1080 (19.5:9)
- CPU: Hisilicon Kirin 710
- GPU: Mali-G51 MP4
- OS: Android 9 + EMUI 9.0
- Memory: 3 GB RAM + 64 GB ROM
- Cameras: Front 8MP FF, Rear 13MP + 2MP PDAF
- Network: LTE FDD / WCDMA / GSM
- GPS: GPS / AGPS / Glonass
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, Micro USB, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Hot Spot
- Sensors: Fingerprint sensor, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Digital compass, Gravity sensor
- Other Features: Bluetooth 4.2, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, microUSB, NFC (in some versions)
- Dimensions: 73.4×155.2×7.95mm
- Weight: Approx. 160 g (including the battery)
- Battery: 3400 mAh (typical value)
The Huawei P Smart (2019) will be on sale for 250€ (around $280) at least in Europe, prices in other countries may vary.