So it’s here, my first Vido tablet. It’s early days, but so far my first impressions are very positive on this one. The spec is very decent. An Atom X7 Z8700, 4GB of 1600mhz dual channel RAM, fully laminated 1920 x 1200 10.1 inch display, Toshiba 128GB eMMC, USB 3.0 Type-C port for 12v 2A quick charging and Intel Wireless AC. It’s also got a type cover, kickstand and stylus support (I’ve yet to find the stylus or one that works!) This tablet literally ticks all the boxes, expect the current price of $336 is too high.
So here is the unboxing video:
- Seems very quick and snappy in and around Windows 10 Home.
- Excellent build quality feels as good as a Microsoft Surface 3.
- Free range of movement on the kickstand like the Surface 3, no fixed positions
- Very fluid and accurate touch screen, the viewing angles and being fully laminated make it look great.
- Good black & white levels on the screen. Nice contrast and seems very bright.
- Intel Wireless AC Dual Band 3165, I was expecting a Broadcom card. This is much better.
- Ambient light sensor
- Fast 12 volt 2A charging, no slow 5volts. It looks like it will fully charge in under 2 1/2 hours. But I’ll confirm this.
- Battery capacity seems larger than 7300mAh. Battery Bar and HWinfo report 9000mAh. Will be checking battery life to confirm.
- Toshiba 128GB eMMC with over 100GB free. Read and write speeds seem good for an eMMC.
- 128GB MircoSD cards work
- USB 3.0 port will power external hard drives, the Type-C port will not. But USB pen drives, mice, keyboards Xbox controllers etc do work in the type-c port at USB 3.0 speeds.
- Speakers lacks bass and sounds outright flat. Not very good.
- Windows home button doesn’t seem to work?
- MicroSD slot is like a mobile phone sim tray slot. Not good for quick and easy swapping of MicroSD’s
- 0 % screen brightness is WAY too bright, 0% and 25% brightness seem exactly the same.
- Chinese bloat app preinstalled.
Still need to verify:
- Stylus (Where to buy one?)
- Keyboard (It’s on the way)
- Wifi range and strength. However, so far it seems good.
- The ambient light sensor works correctly? It can be disabled.
- Benchmarks and gaming performance.
- 3.5mm jack
- Much more…