This one has been out of stock with supply issue for a long time, but I finally got mine from Bangood after canceling my Gearbest order. I had this ordered way back in October last year when it was first listed. This 4k drone is really quite amazing for the price. Like a Mavic Pro or Mavic Air just $422 USD so a hell of a lot cheaper. But only if you don’t mind about missing out on some of the smart gimmicky modes and obstacle avoidance then this I think is the 4k drone to go for in 2019!
And if you have flown drones before or plan to fly in open areas then you might not need the optical avoidance like the DJI drones anyway. Below is my FIMI X8 SE unboxing and review, with sample footage taken in Las Rotas, Denia, in the beautiful Mediterranean coast of Spain.
It’s $422 here with coupon 01f59b or 05bb96 I recommend buying it with the EU Priority Line shipping from the GWTR warehouse, not the CN one as it is slow to get stock. It arrived here in Spain tax-free. The priority direct mall service should also be tax-free. Just avoid the EMS or express shipping as it might be held for taxes in the EU.
FIMI X8 SE Pros:
- Price of $422 is great considering the build, flight time and footage
- Great build quality and finish
- Beginner modes and GPS auto hover make it easy to fly
- The battery life of up to around 26-30 minutes of flight time.
- Very good footage for the price point with 100Mbs 4k 30 fps
- The Controller can fit an iPad Mini or 8″ Android tablet
- F-Log video option for later easier colour grading the footage
- Lower noise than the original Mavic Pro
- Cheaper spare parts than the DJI drones
- The battery charges in just 2 hours
- Controller 3900Mah battery is good for 3-4 flights and will charge your phone or tablet.
FIMI X8 SE Cons:
- No obstacle avoidance at all
- Tracking mode isn’t so good, and without obstacle avoidance is a risk at low altitudes
- Horizon tilt, not 100% perfect level at times even after 4 firmware updates that did improve it.
- Comes with no case or gimbal protector clip or housing.
- Auto-hover isn’t quite as steady as the DJI Mavic Pro and Mavic Air drones reviewed.
- No charging via the Micro USB port on the drone, the battery has to be removed to charge