Well, my first Jumper tablet arrived. Yet another Z8300 unit with 4GB of RAM, but this one’s a little different because the first Atom-powered Chinese tablet with a kickstand that makes it look undeniably like a Surface 3, but in 16:9 ratio. It also has full USB ports, 2 x USB 2.0 and 1 x USB 3.0 and DC charging. I picked this one up on Gearbest’s sale for $230, but I see they have it on sale again for $239 with the keyboard.
My unboxing and first impressions video is below:
First impressions and more info:
- The EZPad 5S is a heavy little tablet at 1.2 kilos with the keyboard.
- The build quality is quite good. It’s very solid, well put together
- Two position kickstand is great to see on a tablet this heavy, it’s a must and very practical
- DC charger is a good addition, would like to see more tablet with it.
- The keyboard is okay to type on, early days still but not too bad.
- Small but useful touchpad with hardware mouse buttons
- The bezels are rather large. Shame they didn’t reduce them a little.
- Windows 10 Home fully activated once I connected to the net
- NCard eMMC which means it’s a BWIN or FORSEE. 102 MB/s reads and 50mb/s writes.
- 8500 mAH battery, confirmed capacity is correct as per specs. 5-6 hours battery life approximately on a full charge.
- 1080p screen: good touch response. But max brightness is below average at only 224 cd/m2
- 41GB Free on first boot.
- Very recent Windows 10 images as no updates are required from Windows update.