Yawn another 8″ X5 Z8300 Cherry Trail sub $100 tablet right? Well yes and no, this one is a little different. It’s the first 8-inch Chinese tablet with an OGS aka laminated display and a full sized USB 3.0 port. One that actually works in USB 3 mode and powers 2.5″ HDD’s. If you can get past the 1280 x 800 resolution screen this looks like it could be a decent little sub $100 USD Windows 10 tablet.
Here’s the unboxing video and hands-on.
- Good build for the under $100 price tag. All plastic build but feels solid.
- MicroSD is under the rear cover, bit of an annoyance if need to swap MicroSD cards frequently.
- Great to see a fully laminated display even if it’s only 1280 x 800
- Speaker seems louder than most 8″ tablets
- eMMC is a BWIN (NCard) Will be benchmarked later.