It’s review round 2 for Redmi Note 7, but this time the global version. The version reviewed here has 4GB of RAM and 64GB of eMMC 5.1 spec storage. And being a global version it now has LTE Band 20 support, all your languages (Not just Chinese & English) and a level 1 DRM cert for online video streaming above 480p for Amazon Prime video and Netflix.
Now if you don’t know why I think it’s a great phone for the price just look at what you get for under $190 USD.
- 6.3″ 2340 x 1080p waterdrop notch IPS OGS screen
- Midrange Snapdragon 660 chipset + 4GB of RAM
- Rear fingerprint reader and face unlocking (set to local to Hong Kong to get it)
- 4000mAh battery good for two days use for most before charging
- 48MP f1.8 Samsung GM1 sensor + 5MP depth of field camera
- Front 13MP f2.2 camera
- Android 9.0 with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM,dual-LTE standby with MicroSD support
- IR transmitter and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Qualcomm QC 3.0 fast charge support (included charger is 5v 2A only)
- The frame is a painted hard plastic with a glass back.
This phone which sells for $189 with coupon 5BGRN7 here at Banggood. And the128GB EU version for $214 with coupon 4BGRN7GL
With a few tweaks, you can turn this into a cracking phone for the $189 spent. For a better UI launcher experience use Poco Launcher or Nova Launcher (found on Google Play). For better night shots and even daylight shots including portrait depth of field shots use this Google Camera Port. And then for 4k video on the rear camera and front camera use an app called Open Camera again found on the Play Store.
Just see for yourself the difference software makes with my Redmi Note 7 stock camera Vs Google Camera port comparison video below.