Chinese tech manufacturer Beelink has 3 new Gemini Lake mini PC models that look interesting, like the Intel NUC’s I’ve reviewed these have dual HDMI 2.0A outputs, 4 x USB 3.0 ports, MicroSD slots, Gigabit LAN, Intel Wireless AC and SATA 3 slots inside for upgrades. The RAM is soldered on so fixed and cannot be upgraded.
The 3 new Gemini Lake Mini PC models:
- Beelink X55 Ultimate with 8GB of DDR4 RAM and Pentium J5005 (2.8Ghz max) 128GB M.2 SSD
- Beelink X45 Premium – Celeron J4105 (2.3Ghz max) + 6GB of RAM & 128GB M.2 SSD
- Beelink X45 Basic – Celeron J41005 with 4GB of DDR4 RAM and 64GB eMMC 5.1
All of these models are fan cooled with 10W TDP Gemini Lake J CPU’s (The N CPU’s in laptops and tablets normally have a 6W TDP) like the Intel NUC’s. Come with M.2 SATA3 SSD and 2.5″ SATA3 slots. And even a mini PCIe slot for your own wireless card if you’re not happy with the Intel Wireless AC 3165. The DDR4 RAM is clocked at 2400 Mhz
Beelink X45 & X55 model Pricing:
- The X55 Ultimate will set you back $299, but 8GB RAM & J5005
- The X45 Premium costs $234.91 – 6GB RAM
- The X45 basic is $192.28 – Best option if you don’t mind 4GB of RAM and have an SSD to use.