Update #4 The English page is now online on Teclast.com
Update #3 Full specs are now known, they have leaked out on the Russian Teclast F15 page of Teclast.com.Thank you Andraz! Teclast claims it’s a premium 15.6″ laptop in the body of a typical 14″ laptop with large side bezels. It’s 1.8 kilos and a slim 15mm with a mostly metal build.
- 15.6″ 1080p Fully laminated IPS with 7mm thin size bezels. 82% screen to body ratio.
- 8GB DDR4 RAM (More than likely 2133Mhz like all other Gemini Lakes reviewed)
- Rear ports, USB 3.0 x 2, HDMI (Full sized HDMI 2.0A) & MicroSD reader
- left side D/C 12V 2-3A in for charging and right side 3.5mm jack
- Type-C port, unknown if it is USB 3.1 spec. More than likely just USB 3.0 due to the D/C charge port.
- 22mm x 80mm SSD (based on the image, could be 2260)
- Wireless AC 3165 with BT 4.1
- 45Wh battery? Good for 7 hours
- Windows 10 home
- Backlit keyboard with numerical pad
Now the sweet spot would be upgradable RAM, crossing my fingers it has two SO-DOM slots inside there even if it’s highly unlikely due to costs.
Update #2: Today’s new image tells us it will have 256GB of SSD storage and 8GB of RAM! Also has a numerical keypad and a massive touchpad. Interesting to note I cannot see any USB ports. Looks like 3.5mm and DC in for charging?
Not much is known about this new model, Teclast is only leaking out the details a day at a time via their facebook page. What we do know so far is it’s a Gemini Lake, 15.6″ with thin side bezels and a metal build.
But it’s not hard to guess the rest, I’m certain it will have a fully laminated 1080p screen, Intel Wireless AC 3165, 128GB SSD, 2 x USB 3.0 ports, 3.5mm audio, MicroSD, Mini or Micro HDMI 2.0A and 8GB DDR4 RAM.
On my wishlist for this Teclast F15 laptop:
- Backlit keyboard, highly likely since the Teclast F7 Plus will have a backlit one.
- Numberpad keyboard if possible. Confirmed!
- Type-C USB 3.1 and used for charging only (Like Chuwi Lapbook Pro)
- 2280 sized SSD slot, very likely the last laptops have been using the larger size.
- 42Wh+ battery size so it will run for 10 hours+ Current N4100 + 37Wh laptops can do 8-9 hours.
- Decent speakers (3W x 2 for example)
- 1.5 kilos or less thin build
- SO-DIMM slots x2. Upgradable RAM is the next step we need. Like the Xiaomai 6A!
- Under $330 on launch
Great to see finally a 15.6″ release. We have a lot of 13.3″ and 14.1″ but no bigger models until now. I’m looking forward to this one and will definitely be ordering it once I can. By the way, the F7 Plus is now up for pre-order, that one is 14″ with 8GB of RAM with possibly the same spec as this new F15.