The Onda v116w Core M has arrived on my door step, 3 days from China via DHL. Super fast. So here is the unboxing video. And so far my first impressions are overall positive.
- Two full sized USB ports, the left one is USB 3.0 and working at full USB 3 speeds (Unlike my Cube i7)
- Port placement is good
- Over all build is okay
- 109GB free on the 128GB BIWIN sata3 ssd dive 450mbs read / 150 write
- Bright screen OGS 1080p screen
- 10000mAH battery, 2 x 5000maH cells.
- Feels just as fast as the Core M powered Cube i7
- A little chunky, has to be thicker for the full sized portsI guess..
- Plastic build is not solid and well put together like the Cube i7’s metal casing.
- The keyboard is all plastic and a bit flimsy feeling. Lots of flex, but still okay to type on.
- No rear camera (Maybe an issue for some?)
- $569 usd was a little pricey (Inflated new release pricing for you)
I’ll have plenty more on the Onda v116w Core M very soon, plus a comparison of it against the Cube i7 (China’s first Core M) I’ll be reviewing one more Core M in a week ore two the 2560 x 1600 res Pipo W8. Busy, busy.. Too many new tablet releases to cover almost!