For those that are interested in Microsoft’s Atom Cherry Trail Surface 3, here is an unboxing video of the tablet:
My focus here is mainly Chinese tablets, but this is the first tablet to use the new gen Atom X7 Z8700 aka Cherry Trail so it’s a good tablet I feel to review and benchmark so I we
can get an idea of just what the new Atoms are capable of and what the Chinese tech companies will have to try and beat. It it’s going to be the Atom tablet to bet for sure in 2015.
So far after a few days use I can report the following:
- Battery life after a battery cycle has improved, your looking at 6-7 hours on a full charge.
- Benchmark score in Geekbench 3 is almost the same as a Z3775D, however it feels much faster that this.
- Doesn’t feel like an Atom powered tablet, until you push it hard. (4GB of Ram no doubt helps this!)
- The keyboard quality, like the tablet is excellent, quality I’ve come to expect from MS.
- The Atom Z8700 can output to my 2560 x 1440 monitor without any issues.
- I can multitask much better than expected, again that 4GB of ram helps.
- I’ve encountered BT and keyboard issues. MS still has a few more windows updates to hopefully address this.