Hands-on with the Chuwi Vi10 Ultimate (Cherry Trail X5 Z8300 version) I just received. It’s the upgraded Vi10, one of my favorite tablets. The design is the same, it remains unchanged and keeps the key features that made the Vi10 so popular. Two full sized USB 3.0 ports, micro USB for charging and the keyboard dock. I picked this one up from Banggood.com for $174 and the delivery was around 15 days from China to Auckland, New Zealand where I am currently. Didn’t think it was too bad for this side of the world. Normally when I’m in Spain and the delivery time is more or less the same, 15-20 days.
First impressions are good:
- Windows 10 version preinstalled is Windows 10 with the recent November update
- MicroSD card supports high-speed cards 100mb/s plus reads and writes. 23mbs max on the Vi10
- HDMI port supports up to 4k 30hz. The Vi10 only supports 1080p 60hz max
- Windows loaded much faster than on my Vi10
- The eMMC is a Toshiba, no BWIN or FORSEE slow brands on the 64GB model at least
- The tablet feels fast, faster than my Z3736F which benchmarks in Geekbench 3 faster. Could be the eMMC!
- Temps seem okay, 67 degrees max so far. But gaming and more benchmarks require to push the tablet more.
I’m in the process of installing benchmarks, games and testing out the tablet. Be interesting to see if the thermals get up to throttling temps or not. I’ll know soon and will cover this in the next hands on Windows video.