Update: Gearbest currently has a flash sale on this item and it’s listed for $191.99
Here’s my video review of it. Overall it’s a nice unit so much faster than other mini PC’s due to the SSD, it feels like a Core i3 more than an Atom with the SSD to me. The downside, the thermals and throttling if you game. Covered in the video review below.
If there is interest I might just open it and mod the thermals.
Atom Mini’s PC’s are getting more powerful with Voyo’s latest release the Voyo V3 Mini PC. It’s an Atom X7 Z8700 (2.4Ghz Boost) with 4GB of dual channel ram, 128GB SSD (M.2 Spec) and 2 USB 3.0 ports with a Type C port for power and other type c options such as data plus power. It’s still priced at $209 USD at the moment on GearBest with coupon GBV3. Which I think isn’t a bad price considering the full sata3 SSD and top of the line Atom X7 Z8700. It’s the same SoC that powers the Microsoft Surface 3. Here’s the unboxing video:
- Very thin, nice finish and build
- The boot time was ver quick around 15-20 seconds.
- Windows 10 Home activated once connected to the net
- It’s an SSD, I had no idea Atom’s supported SSD’s, or at least, the X7 Z8700 did.
- 103 GB free space.
- Not a bad spec for the price I feel.
- SSD speed are okay for an M2 128GB unit.
- It’s not using a dual band wireless chipset as seen in my hands on video. Only wireless N 150mb/s. So one USB port will taken up for a Wireless AC USB adapter
- Windows update already made the CPU temps hit 83 degrees. This is going to need a copper heat sink mod. (My Surface 3 hit 85 after gaming)
- Default Voyo user account already setup with UAC disabled (You can enabled it again)
I wonder if that SSD is upgradable, I’m 99% sure it’s an M2 looking at the hardware info online. In fact one of the very same FORSEE units Teclast or Cube used in their Core M tablets.