So my Teclast Tbook 10 2 in 1 arrived. You can see the unboxing video below, first impressions are overall positive. I do like the build, it’s very solid feeling and well put together. The pogo pin connector is a rare 10 pin port for the battery keyboard dock. And the tablet has 9 volt 2A d/c in charging, again for the battery keyboard I wound say as 5 volts via USB 2 would take forever to charge two batteries.
While I don’t have the keyboard dock just yet, I hope to get hold of one once released as see how much of a boost the extra battery will give.
- Teclast is now using a new dual boot selector with an Insyde bios
- Supports a basic active stylus pen (More on this soon)
- Dual speakers, on each side of the tablet for stereo separation.
- The bezels are smaller than normal if compared to Teclast’s other tablets (Tbook 10 and X3 Pro)
- The screen seems bright and possible the same panel as the HiBook and iWork10 Ultimate
- Larger 2 to 2.5mm gap in the digitizer glass and IPS panel below.
- Due to the smaller bezels, it’s smaller in size compared to other 10.1″ tablets.
- The Android ROM is using a stock launcher and there are a few Chinese apps that can be uninstalled.
- No full sized USB Port on the tablet is a shame. OTG adapter will have to be carried around at all times. (Keyboard will have full sized USB ports)