The cheaper version of the Cube i9 is has arrived, the iwork12. Like the iwork11 it’s the cheap Atom version of Cube’s Core M3 flagship. Not a lot as changed, gone is the Core M3 6Y30, replaced with a cheaper Atom X5 Z8300. The 128GB SSD for storage is now a 64GB eMMC and the type-c port is a USB 2.0 port for charging and data.
What we do gain is Android / Windows 10 dual boot and it’s now only in white. It’s for sale on GearBest, which is where I got this unit. A little pricey at $265, but you get a nice Cube build, that kickstand and a Surface Pro 3 like tablet. Here’s is the unboxing video:
- Light stock Android 5.1 Rom. No custom launcher.
- Play Store is installed
- Same exact build quality as the Cube i9 (Solid and well put together)
- Doesn’t look too bad in white for a change.
- Toshiba 064GE2 eMMC (Brand eMMC and not slower NCard rubbish!)
- Realtek Wireless N
- Windows 10 Home
- 32.8 GB Free on first boot in Windows.
- 7.22 GB free storage in Android
So, so far so good. The screen feels responsive to touch and it seems to perform well and feels fast. But i’ve yet to go through my benchmarks with it and really test it out. More on that soon…