The new 4:3 budget dual tablet from Teclast has arrived in the office. Here’s the unboxing video of the X89 Kindow, it’s got a 1440 x 1080 Samsung IPS screen, 32GB eMMC, 2GB of DDR3 RAM and last years Atom Bay Trail Z3735F (Using old stock?). Also found out it’s only running Android 4.4.4 which is now very dated, but at least it’s Windows 10 and not 8.1. Hope to see that updated to Android 6 or at least 5.1 asap.
The tablet is just $85.99 from Banggood with their coupon cafd9b so for the price you’re getting an okay spec considering.
- Plastic build, but well put together with no flex or build quality issues.
- Dated Android 4.4.4 ROM
- Windows 10 Home is activated
- Screen looks sharp and bright.
- Cameras look very poor as expected at 0.3MP front and 2MP rear
- Android Rom has a lot of bloatware, but uninstallable.
- Very little storage in both OS’s as expected being only a 32GB eMMC (32GB should be banned for dual OS!)
- eMMC is a BWIN unit
- RealTek Wireless N
- So far for the price it seems an okay little tablet.
As I’m a bit swapped with the HiBook, Tbook 11, TBook 10, X3 Pro, UMI Touch and other tablets that need reviews, it will be a little while before I get around to testing out Android, Windows and reviewing it. Still, keep an eye on the TechTablet’s YouTube channel for more on this little dual boot asap. I’ll try to have something up soon.