The BMAX Y13 is my favorite and the best of the Gemini Lake N4100 laptops I’ve reviewed, but now we have a super late contender the new Teclast F6 Plus that’s coming and will ship just before the year is out.
This is shaping up to be possibly the best Celeron N4100 laptop. We have all the current best BMAX Y13 features that make it great, with a thin and light build for 13.3-inches. The power delivery full spec type-C port is there, 10 touchpoints 13.3″ IPS screen but this one has stylus support. We also have the 8GB of DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD (Upgradable SSD hatch). And something that annoys me with the BMAX Y13 it only two type-c ports. This F6 Plus has two full-sized USB 3.0 ports and the PD/Data Type-C.
The only real downside I can see is the keyboard isn’t backlit, the BMAX Y13 keyboard is but the silver keys can be a little hard to see. You’ll have no such issue with the black and white letters on the F6 Plus. And this laptop is to me basically the Teclast F6 Pro, but they have tweaked it and given it the Gemini Lake N4100 instead of the Core M3-7Y30 which wasn’t as good on the battery, which is 38wh. And it’s much cheaper than the Core M3 F6 Pro. Also, the screen, if it’s like the F6 Pro, will have a 1mm gap or so, not fully laminated but then there is a change Teclast is using a different panel and it could well be fully laminated (OGS).
Price & Shipping date?
The laptop is selling for $319 a little less than the BMAX Y13, which is about $329-$339. But in order to get the $319 price Gearbest wants us to pre-order it placing down $20 to hold our order for a $50 discount. They state shipping starts on the 23rd of December. I know I said the BMAX X14 would be my last N4100 laptop I would review. But since this could be the last of them and possibly the best should I cover it? (If I can)
Unlock bios and dual-channel RAM is the big question mark here.
My main concern is if that bios is fully unlocked like a lot of Chinese tech, great for power limit and other tweaks. And if they have the RAM configured in dual-channel like the Jumper EZbook X3 Pro, BMAX Y13 and BMAX14 is means we get the max performance out of that little N4100 quad-core. Unfortunately, it’s not something we will know until one of us gets our hands on the laptop.
Teclast F6 Plus specs:
- 8th Gen “Gemini Lake” Intel Celeron N4100 quad-core. Max turbo 2.4Ghz
- 9th Gen in 600UHD iGPU with native VP9 and H.265 decoding support
- 8GB LPDDR4 2133Mhz (possible dual-channel config will confirm)
- 13.3″ 10 touchpoint IPS screen (non-laminated if it’s the same as the F6 Pro)
- 360-degree hinge so various modes (Tent, presentation and tablet modes)
- Active stylus support 1024 pressure levels (Optional extra)
- Type-C (PD charging/Video 4k30/Data USB 3.0)
- 2 x USB 3.0 Type-A
- MicroSD slot (USB 2.0 speeds)
- Micro HDMI (4k60)
- D/C 12v 2A charging
- 3.5mm with mic support
- 2MP webcam with dual array mics
- Windows 10 Home
- 38Wh battery (10,000mAh good for 7-8 hours light use)
- All metal build 1.4 kilos & 18mm thick.
Teclast F6 Plus press images & info: