Recently I got my first 8″ Atom X5 Z8300, the Onda v820w CH. The second Cherry Trail Atom 8″ the Cube iwork8 Ultimate Dual Boot is now in stock today at Banggood for $106. Knowing Cube the iwork8 Ultimate it should be a step up in terms of quality of the Onda which has a few issues. But this month will see the release of four 8 inch tablets with similar specs:
All the tablets have the following:
- Intel Atom X5 Z8300 (1.84Ghz Boost)
- 2GB of DDR3 Ram (Single channel)
- 32GB eMMC
- Wireless B/G/N 150Mbs (single band)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- MircoSD card slot.
- Windows 10 only. No dual boots yet!
The Onda v820w CH, Cube iwork8 Ultimate and the Teclast X80 Plus have a 1280 x 800 IPS panel. Personally I find 1280 x 800 in an 8 inch form factor is okay. The Chuwi Hi8 Pro and Teclast X80 Pro both have 1920 x 1200 IPS panels which are sharper and brighter. But might come at the cost of battery life, and if you want to game at native screen resolutions the 1280 x 800 is clearly going to be faster.
So far I have already seen the Onda v820w CH is disappointing, The Chuwi Hi8 Pro and Teclast X80 Plus/Pro I think will be the Cherry Trail 8 inchers to look for.
- Onda v820w CH – Released
- Cube iwork8 – Released
- Chuwi Hi8 Pro – Due 11/11 in China. Shipping around 16-18th from retailers?
- Teclast X80 Plus Due 11/11. Shipping around 16-18th from retailers?
- Tecalst X80 Pro Due approx 30/11?